Fordmods Logo

Ed Futura Daily 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Ed Futura Daily
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:17 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Purchased from a mate awhile ago it started life with me as a fairly stock car auto with wheels lowered suspension and a loud exhaust. Also had tint. Will post some pictures when I got it later.

First thing that was done was removing the horid sounding exhaust and replacing it with a 2.5 inch mandrel bent system with 2 mufflers and a set of 4499 pacemakers.

Next the Ba copy wheels were swapped for a set of El gt's.

Drove it like that for awhile then the auto started slipping so it was swapped for a second hand unit that also failed within 2 weeks. About this time I decided to ditch the auto and go manual. Put a sports tuff clutch in, machined flywheel and a J3 chip with an el ecu.

Not long after the head gasket blew so off came the head which recieved a port job, double valve springs and a wade 1673 cam with vernier. Also did the bbm converson and thermos while the head was off it. Plus the serpintine conversion.

Also fitted a gas research system and had it tuned which showed quite a few issues . Below is a video on the dyno where it made really poor power.

Only made around 100rwkw which was very dissapointing to say the least. So a process of elimination I found that it had a sick coil, tps and coolent temp sensor. Plus the cam timing needed to be tweeked. Below is the result blue is on gas and green is petrol. We were getting there.

I was still not overly impressed by the power it was making so I pulled the gas research throttle body off and ran it up on petrol again. Result below.

Now that it was starting to get to where it should be I have left it alone for awhile untill I decided to drive myself crazy with a full el dash and interor including full wiring loom.

This is the el loom out of the car .

Once the interior was stripped I then had to put everything from the el into the ed. This is the scary sight I was left with.

While I was running all of the wiring I decided to fit a moates quarterhorse for future tuning.

So as things progressed I realised that I had forgotten a few important things to make it all work. I needed to sort out the steering coloum and steering rack so in went the el rack and sttering coloum. Also needed to change the abs, brake lines and discs so that the abs would work correctly. Also swapped out the el abs sensors and fitted new wheel bearings while I was there.

Below is where the car is up to at the moment.

Future plans are to finish fitting all of the interiour and tidy everything up. Get a wheel alignment as changing the rack has put things out a bit. Fit the 3:45:1 lsd I have in the shed and finish handbrake. Then fit an ed xr6 front I have coming and also a ported throttle body and a bigger cam. Then a retune.

I think that is all for the moment. I'm sure there are things that I have forgotten but I will remember them later I''m sure.

Thanks for looking

Post subject: Re: Ed Futura Daily
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:20 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Update time,

Have managed to get the car to a workshop to use a friends hoist. So today I removed the diff to swap it with the 3.45:1 lsd I have at home. Hope to have the new diff in very soon.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]