EL Futura Sapphire with only 30,000 k on the clock 

Page 2 of 3 [ 44 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: EL Futura Sapphire with only 30,000 k on the clock
Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:14 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: falcon eb

WA, Australia

some more snaps of the two,

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 08 BF Ghia

VIC, Australia

Keep it in original mint condition and hang on to it. Dont touch it not even the exhaust.

Any car with exceptionally low kms is worth a good $$. It will be worth more when the rest are trashed and scrap!

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:56 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Explorer

NSW, Australia

this brings back a memory from working a jubilee ford five dock,
old lady brings in a ke laser for a 30000k service. imac condition alloys wind up sunroof. it was her church car. she haggled the service advisor to do it under warranty.

kangaroos and radiators are a bad mixture

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

ghia97 wrote:
Keep it in original mint condition and hang on to it. Dont touch it not even the exhaust.

Any car with exceptionally low kms is worth a good $$. It will be worth more when the rest are trashed and scrap!

It will be worth nothing. I say maybe $3k tops in 10 years, even with those K's

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:14 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

67RCE wrote:
ghia97 wrote:

everyone thought that of the XY's, now look at them. not saying that the EL will be worth as much as the XY's are, but it should at least go up in price if there are some die-hard E-series fans out there in years to come.

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

PQV wrote:
67RCE wrote:
ghia97 wrote:

everyone thought that of the XY's, now look at them. not saying that the EL will be worth as much as the XY's are, but it should at least go up in price if there are some die-hard E-series fans out there in years to come.

There will be no die hard E Series fans...........They have nothing to have drawn people to them!!!!

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:21 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: F6 Typhoon

NSW, Australia

I seriously think if the RWD platform for the falcon ends, give it 20-30 even longer and the value will surely go up, because this may well be the end of the RWD falcon era. The va.ue wont go up for a long time but when it does... if i handt have modded my xr6 id make an effort to keep it now.

F6 Typhoon Silhouette with Dark Argent rims, build P0001. Stock as a rock and staying that way.

Now sold :( Cobalt blue EF XR6, Pacemaker 4499s, 2.5" redback catback, intake, head shaved, wade 977b, crow valve springs, pedders suspension.

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

bennomate wrote:
I seriously think if the RWD platform for the falcon ends, give it 20-30 even longer and the value will surely go up, because this may well be the end of the RWD falcon era. The va.ue wont go up for a long time but when it does... if i handt have modded my xr6 id make an effort to keep it now.

No way! you notice that only XW-C prices have gone mental, NOT XK-T and XD-F.

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:01 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: F6 Typhoon

NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
bennomate wrote:

No way! you notice that only XW-C prices have gone mental, NOT XK-T and XD-F.

Hmm maybe.. i guess we can speculate on it all we like but give it 40 years and you could either be hearing what the hell you keep that peice of crap for, or s**t i wish i kept my e series i drove that thing into the ground. It will never be worth HEAPS i suppose but i reckon value will go up. Even just out of a buyers curiosity? brand new 40 yo car maybe by then we will be flying hover cars or some crap. I mean cmon back to the future had us in hover cars by 2015 :lol:

F6 Typhoon Silhouette with Dark Argent rims, build P0001. Stock as a rock and staying that way.

Now sold :( Cobalt blue EF XR6, Pacemaker 4499s, 2.5" redback catback, intake, head shaved, wade 977b, crow valve springs, pedders suspension.

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:47 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: FG G6E/EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Keep it clean! That's awesome. Gotta be one of the lowest km EL's anywhere, surely..

"Build" Thread: the-garage-f53/jesse-s-g6e-and-ef-fairmont-t103265.html

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:13 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Many, maybe too many.

NSW, Australia

If you can afford to keep it original and registered then buy it, keep it for about 15yrs. Just work out what the purchase price + compound interest at decent levels will give you. Very few cars beat the odds on paying advance mortgage payments. $1000 over 10 yrs @ 6%... If you get more than 2K for it in 10 yrs you're ahead of the prime rate. If you pay $2500 you need to get about 5k in 10 yrs.
You have to drive it regularly so if you can't afford to keep it in rego, get a conditional movement twice a year to go for a good run and just do some laps of the block every few days. If you can't do this then drive it to death for what it's worth.
I was given a '98 EL wagon with 140k recently because it wasn't worth the owner even bothering with it. Great replacement for my aging XF Pano.
It also came with a wheelchair lift (he was disabled), which I sold for over $1000. They are worth nothing at the moment but an older mint car is always worth something.
My 1978 Cortina Ghia with 90k on the clock has had offers of over 7k for a car which was only 4k new and not really that special.
Go figure :)

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Compound interest.. Floating rates... Shares vs Bank rates... For crissakes boys, IT'S A CHEAP F'ING EL IN GREAT KNICK WITH ZERO K'S. You ain't that serious about capitalism are you?

I know of many a Falcon 500 EX owner who wishes they'd never traded it in on a Mitsi / Nissan or what have you. Sure, a few more EL's may have been made than 500's, but it is a similar situation. Everyone thought their old Falcon was done and dusted once they didn't need it for taking three kids and the dog to the beach and city streets got busy. There's a farmers field full of them someplace... Or they've simply rusted away to nothing.

How many EL's are immaculate and clean? 1%? Maybe even 2%. Compound that.

Whatever. I'm off to trade some futures and ride the commodity market some. I hear petrol is going up quicker than EL's. May just have to buy a f**k of 98 and sell it in a week. I reckon that's pay for ten EL's.

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:05 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

fiend wrote:
Compound interest.. Floating rates... Shares vs Bank rates... For crissakes boys, IT'S A CHEAP F'ING EL IN GREAT KNICK WITH ZERO K'S. You ain't that serious about capitalism are you?

I know of many a Falcon 500 EX owner who wishes they'd never traded it in on a Mitsi / Nissan or what have you. Sure, a few more EL's may have been made than 500's, but it is a similar situation. Everyone thought their old Falcon was done and dusted once they didn't need it for taking three kids and the dog to the beach and city streets got busy. There's a farmers field full of them someplace... Or they've simply rusted away to nothing.

How many EL's are immaculate and clean? 1%? Maybe even 2%. Compound that.

Whatever. I'm off to trade some futures and ride the commodity market some. I hear petrol is going up quicker than EL's. May just have to buy a f**k of 98 and sell it in a week. I reckon that's pay for ten EL's.

Just do what a petrol thief did...drive into a petrol station with a 20K L petrol tanker and took petrol out of the underground silo and drove off...noone asked anything since they thought he was filling up the tank. Haven't heard from them again. 20000 @ 1.40 PULP...$28K right there.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

use it as a daily driver and take care of it dude, if not ill buy it................

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:57 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: falcon eb

WA, Australia

I'm only home from work 1 week out of 3 so it ain't going to be driven much anyway . Just using it for now so I can do some work on the eb like paint job and what not. Still looking for a ba/bf gt which I'll prob have by June I hope otherwise a very low k bf xr8 any way this car has bought out some interesting convos. Will keep you all informed with what I end up doing anywaycheers peeps

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next