EL Ghia 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: EL Ghia
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL GHIA

VIC, Australia

Hey guys.

My name is Shaun. My nickname is Nackerz. I'm new to the ford scene lol... Always been a Holden fan, Heck I'm even a mechanic at holden lol.

Yes I know, Please don't jump on me! (Runs and hides)

Well, I'm looking at getting a 97 EL Ghia. Dont know much about the fords. If you could help me out a little it will be greatly appreciated. Now the owner says it has the tickford motor. I know that these motors are the better of the 6 cyl fords and thats about it haha..

I am looking at swapping my mildly worked VN 5 litre berlina wagon for it. The EL comes with a rwc but no reg, doesn't bother me as I will just take it to vic roads and get it rego'd.

The guy is coming either later today or early tomorrow to have a look at the wagon and for me to look at the ford.

Here is a couple of pics he has sent me. Hope you all like and can share some thoughts on the car.

Cheers Nackerz

Well gave her a wash today, didn't come up too bad. Was just a quick wash lol... Wanna do some mods to her and get a little more power haha! Yeah def thinking of a turbo setup. Hopefully I can get it booked in this week and she will be on the road!

Also, What do you guys think its worth, as it sits with a current rwc but no rego??? I have a rough idea, but want to know your thoughts on the subject :D

I know it needs the wood grain piece on the LHF door. And maybe a couple other little things like bonnet struts (They are rooted)

Heres some more pics!

Hope you all like and can give me some good feedback on her, and what mods I can do to it :D

Cheers guys

Post subject: Re: EL Ghia
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

looks like a nice car to start with

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Thanks mate!

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:35 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 2002 BA XR6

SA, Australia

Hi mate did you do the deal? How many ks n stuff like that i reckon its worth what the vn is worth providing it drives nice and the auto is good. Lower it and it will look better straight away. Anyway let us know how it went.

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:13 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

besty98 wrote:
Hi mate did you do the deal? How many ks n stuff like that i reckon its worth what the vn is worth providing it drives nice and the auto is good. Lower it and it will look better straight away. Anyway let us know how it went.

Hey mate. Yeah did the deal, has just over 300.000 goes really well and had a couple of things replaced for the rwc. Yeah im keen on lowering it however it will be the family car (missus just had our first baby) thats the reason why i got it. Yeah auto seems to be fine and it drives well. :)

It came with a rwc so i just have to take it to vic roads and rego it. Unless one of you guys are willing to buy it for the right price haha :p

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]