Fordmods Logo

EL XR6 take 2! Simmons FR19's F: 19x8.5in R: 19x10 4in dish 

Page 6 of 13 [ 192 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next

Post subject: Re: EL XR6 fresh paint tickford kit silver agents but needs LOW
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:48 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

bng wrote:
Looks awesome. Love the rims. I'm starting to like these more then the dark argents. I still reckon tint though

I don't like the dark argents, I just don't know why. Every one seems to love the whole white car with black wheels scheme but I don't think it suits this car, jap and euro yeah but not this.

needs tint but there other things I want to do first.

TyLeR3397 wrote:
It puts that BA next to it to shame

Definitely needs some tint to finish the look off, IMO I think that ride height is perfect.

Also +1 vote for cleanest car on Fordmods xD

that BA is an ex cab haha, used for transporting wheels and tyres to and from the tyre joint. Honestly forgot the last time it was washed..oh yeah when it rained haha.

yeah it does need tint but there other things I want to do first like i said earlier. It's way to high! needs to be dropped on SSL on the rear and SL at the front.

Thanks mate but there are much cleaner cars, hopefully my car becomes an example of a clean e series.

EL XR6 first car: fresh respray, tickford kit, debadged, 19in silver agents, SSL's.
Build thread: the-garage-f53/my-first-car-el-xr6-respray-and-kitted-soon-t109269.html

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 95 EF GLI

VIC, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
Nice work. Rims very similar to the ones i had. Mine were Speedy rims. (gallery and build thread)

Personally i always believed the XR6's should have a spoiler. Otherwise to me it looked like a GLI with a kit.

However when lowered might set it off nicely without a spoiler.

Regardless, nice work.

i agree with the spoiler, nice car either way though

95 Ef Gli, mods : Tickford Head, Tickford ecu, Pacemaker 4499, Venom 100 cpi cat, Redback 2.5" catback, Wade 977b cam, ba xr6 intake and SS inductions, k & n filter & leather seats. 147.5kw @ wheels

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

NSW, Australia

+1 without spoiler and badges. People might mistake it got a gli with xr front .
Other wise looking good .

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:53 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
+1 without spoiler and badges. People might mistake it got a gli with xr front .
Other wise looking good .

Im all for no wing! I'm putting my new freshly sprayed boot without a wing today.
There is a thread on boosted that are organizing XZY coilovers for around $1200. Well worth the money if you want it low... Then high.... The low

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ef

SA, Australia

my ef can legally have 20's........

there are three types of people in this world:
those that can count and those that can't

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

I like the whole no spoiler look but I had the standard EF/EL spoiler not the shark fin and really couldn't be bothered looking for one but who knows maybe the shark fin spoiler will make a an appearance down the track since my old man is busting my balls saying it'll look better, its nice rar rar rar

PS if anyone wants a standard spoiler I still have mine and it was sprayed as well.

bng wrote:
Im all for no wing! I'm putting my new freshly sprayed boot without a wing today.
There is a thread on boosted that are organizing XZY coilovers for around $1200. Well worth the money if you want it low... Then high.... The low

I was looking into that and its a great price compared to other brands who make them (not necessarily for e series) but I've only ever driving my mates type s integra which is on 18's and coilovers and its so damn bumpy, feels like you're driving a go kart. I've been quoted $750 fitted for brand new pedders comfort gas front struts, rear shockers and HD king springs all round so might just go with that.

EL XR6 first car: fresh respray, tickford kit, debadged, 19in silver agents, SSL's.
Build thread: the-garage-f53/my-first-car-el-xr6-respray-and-kitted-soon-t109269.html

Post subject: Re: EL XR6 fresh paint, kit and new shoes :)
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:48 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Haha ive got the shark wing bootlid. Factory ticky kit :D
I just took it off so I can have a wingless boot haha

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

looks clean without the spoiler or badges, altho id go for original, all badging and spoiler, it does look bloody nice.
as for that f**k who thought it would be cool to drunk post a heap of s**t, its not his car so his opinion doesnt matter, and also he owns an ef, much worse car than an el xr, front bar is ugly as f**k compared to the el one.

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

bng wrote:
Haha ive got the shark wing bootlid. Factory ticky kit :D
I just took it off so I can have a wingless boot haha

I like it with out a spoiler. I don't like spoilers in general unless they are lips like the M3 but to bad EF/EL don't have any a like. I hope no one mentions the DJR lip for EF/EL..that thing is hideous!!!

bry40l wrote:
looks clean without the spoiler or badges, altho id go for original, all badging and spoiler, it does look bloody nice.
as for that f**k who thought it would be cool to drunk post a heap of s**t, its not his car so his opinion doesnt matter, and also he owns an ef, much worse car than an el xr, front bar is ugly as f**k compared to the el one.

I like the clean and simple look but I what you're trying to say :)
Yeah the f**k wit thought that'd be funny but he only made a fool of himself.

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

paint looks nice mate how much it cost ya to get it done in the end?

if you need tint let me know ill fix ya up with a price you wont refuse. fordmods discount :wink:

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:26 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

wild-el wrote:
paint looks nice mate how much it cost ya to get it done in the end?

if you need tint let me know ill fix ya up with a price you wont refuse. fordmods discount :wink:

Cost = $1500 :)
yeah I definitely need tint, pm with a price and we'll go from there :)

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

thats a pretty awesome price. is that there usual price.im interested in spraying my car and cbf doing it my self wouldnt mind getting it done for that price.just a closed door spray that is...

pm sent

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

Post subject: Re: my first car - EL XR6 respray and kitted soon
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:59 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EB XR8, Now Blown 1977 Mini S

QLD, Australia

BEAR80 wrote:
uniacidz wrote:
Saw this last night. Read it that there's not gonna be any stupid p-plater mods. Thought this kid might be ok.

Next day i re-read and gauges on the bonnet or inside the car? That's one biggest and tacky mods for any NA car. Justified only if car is highly worked or inducted.

May as well have LEDs and a cannon.

hmmmm gauges only justfied if car is highly worked or inducted, what a load of utter crap.....

highly quality water temp, oil pressure and pyro gauges can help a driver detect any nasty problems.

factory gauges in the cluster have never been really acurate.....

Even then I dont think they are justified. FOrget the monster tacho as yours will have a tacho - no need. All your pressures and levels are in the car already - dont need the bling factor on the external sill. Besides, all it does is attract Cunstable Plod and if you are in ACT - they can defect you for having obstructions on the bonnet.

I think it looks sweet as a nut as is - nice ride

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:15 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EB XR8, Now Blown 1977 Mini S

QLD, Australia

Sorry the post is a bit old...lol

The 19" rims will not be an issue. In the ACT and here in QLD, you can change your wheel size above the two inches allowed; however, must not change the overall aspect of the wheel. There is some formula the RTA/D.o.T uses that as long as the overall dimensions remain the same - you are good to go. For instance, I have 17's on my EBXR8. As they came out with 15's I am good to go. However if I then put say 235/40/17's on it instead of the required 235/45/17's, my tyre would be in fact undersized as the aspect ratio will alter the overall size of the wheel. I could be pinged by Plod and his minions for having altered wheels.

Dont sweat the dissenters on here - they have small pee-pees and all that matters is you enjoy your vehicle - not them!

Good work - keep it up

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

CPOCSM wrote:
Sorry the post is a bit old...lol

The 19" rims will not be an issue. In the ACT and here in QLD, you can change your wheel size above the two inches allowed; however, must not change the overall aspect of the wheel. There is some formula the RTA/D.o.T uses that as long as the overall dimensions remain the same - you are good to go. For instance, I have 17's on my EBXR8. As they came out with 15's I am good to go. However if I then put say 235/40/17's on it instead of the required 235/45/17's, my tyre would be in fact undersized as the aspect ratio will alter the overall size of the wheel. I could be pinged by Plod and his minions for having altered wheels.

Dont sweat the dissenters on here - they have small pee-pees and all that matters is you enjoy your vehicle - not them!

Good work - keep it up

rule in victoria is you cant go any bigger then 15mm in the rolling diameter of the original rims and tyres and cant go wider then 25mm

it used to be if you have 15s standard cant go any bigger then 2 inchs but the rta changed it not too long ago.

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 13  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next