Fordmods Logo

fairmont599's 95 EF Fairmont 

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: fairmont599's 95 EF Fairmont
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

SA, Australia

So... back about 3 years ago when i had just got my L plates i was on the lookout for a nice falcon for a few grand. When i was a lot younger my dad made me a deal that he would match me dollar for dollar on my savings for my first car.

After searching in adelaide over the course of a weekend and finding nothing suitable, we headed back home, and went past the local Toyota dealer.... up the back sat a 1995 Ef fairmont, freshly traded in that day. We spoke to the dealer and made a deal for 8.5k I was absolutly stoked! My dad picked it up the following day and so began the journey of endless modifications, new friends, etc.

I still kick myself to this day for not getting any pictures of when it was stock. How ever it was just a basic burgandy ef fairmont. A few weeks passed and it was time to get my wheels i had been saving for, i mentioned to dad that i almost had enough to get them, a week later i came home from school to find a brand new set of ROH Drift R's in 17" he told me he had ordered them a couple of months back after i was raving about how much i loved them. That night i put them on with the help of a mate.

This is how it sat the next morning.

So after this it was time to get it lowered, I spoke to the local auto parts store and a couple of weeks later it was sitting on King spring lows. This made the ride a lot firmer.

A couple of weeks after i got my P's coolant started to disappear very rapidly. Dad took it to a mechanic and the blow was dealt. Blown Headgasket. Dad agreed to pay for it to get me back on the road. The worst was not yet over... she went back to get coolant put in it after having run around for 500kms with just water in the radiator. The mechanic called up and said there was bad news. The big end bearings were very close to buggered, to say i was devastated would be an understatement. After much discussion including the possibility of selling up and cutting our loss's we decided to wack in a reco motor. 2 Months after the date of it going in for the head gasket i was back on the road.

The car stayed very much the same throughout the time i spent in year 12. Having little money, i was unable to spend too much on her. When year 12 finished i finished off my basic sound system i had started earlier in the year. I bought a AU Xr steering wheel as the old one was cracked. After starting my new job in January and saving plenty of cash, i got a catback exhaust installed and manual conversion came up for sale on the forums. 2 weeks later it was sitting in the shed. Over the next 6 months i collected all the other parts required to install it. Got a bargain on the manual ecu for $80 delivered :P In september last year it was converted with the help of my old man and me best mate. I then just enjoyed it was what it was. Removed the side moulds and installed the clear repeaters. Removed the horrid mudflaps and installed some rubber ones just to protect the paint a little.

Earlier this year i decided it was time for a cam and some extractors. They were installed and changed the whole driving experience. A month later i purchased my BA, since then the fairmont has sat in the shed collecting dust, and getting driven on weekends.

Id like to appologise for the lack of pictures and amount of writing but anyway. Im not sure what the future holds for her at this stage. Id like to head down the forced induction road, how ever if this is to happen no shortcuts will be taken so its going to be a lot of researching for the time being untill i can afford to do it properly.

Ill upload some more pictures shortly.

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

nice read that was :)

are u sellin it ?

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I was thinking about it, a guy offered me 7k for it but to be honest its worth more to me sitting in the shed... Sounds a little mad eh?

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 2021 Amarok V6

SA, Australia

fairmont599 wrote:
I was thinking about it, a guy offered me 7k for it but to be honest its worth more to me sitting in the shed... Sounds a little mad eh?

i wish id done the same thing to my EA, just left it instead of selling it, im kicking myself for selling it now....

2021 V6 Manual Amarok - 245kw/750nm - many goodies
1997 EL Fairmont Ghia 4.0 - Heritage Green & Cappa
2010 Suzuki GSX650F - when I want to be silly

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Heres a couple more pictures. I have been searching for more recent ones, but i don't have any and it makes me sad so when it gets back from getting buffed and waxed i will have to make an effort to get some nice photos.

Here is one from when we changed the cam, the engine bay isn't that dirty anymore and it now has extractors as well :P

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Small but very minor update....

About 2 weeks back, my mates NL fairlane decided it wanted to kill another dizzy/axillary shaft/valves etc :( So being the good bloke that i am i lent him me Fairmont knowing he would take extra special care of it.

Conditions of this were that he didn't get it defected, as i had bald tyres we put the old rims off his Fairlane onto the Fairmont.

Heres how it currently looks. Sorry for s**t pics.

The last one shows the clear tail lights i put on it late last year!

More pics and updates in the near future :P

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Small update... Car ran out of rego last week :( but while its sitting in the shed for the next few months i will be stripping the interior to fix my busted seat and maybe redo my dash.

Its also in need of some new wheel bearings and a diff service so they will be fixed soon. The hopefully i will get it registered in november/decenmber so i can go crusin in summer time... More pics to come when i get time to start workin on it!

Post subject: Re: fairmont599's 95 EF Fairmont
Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Update on the EF

Fixed the wheel bearings a couple months back, fixed the drivers seat, bled the brakes a couple weeks back but the pedal is softer than before so i need to investigate that again!

Gave it a quick service today as when iv started it every couple of weeks it had nasty lifter tick for a few mins. All fixed now. Gave it a wash and took some pics!

Now i just need to get some tyres and fix the brakes.....then organise some rego! Im working on fixing my power window switch as i sit here and type this lol

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Hey nice car..... has got to be the best colour brought out i reckon... no bias from me of course

I seen an EF fairmont in that colour, with an EL XR front, and it looked f**k horn !!!!!

anyway, have you considered painting the wheels a gunmetal grey colour, as ive found with my concordes i bought, dark grey wheels really look nice against the boreaux paint

a visual idea..

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Hey bud,

I reckon iv seen those same pictures and i agree it looks insane. I like the wheels in this silver they make it stand out a bit more and the finish on them is still excellent. Dark colour wheels look good on it, iv got black 18's on my BA which i have sat against it and they would suit very nice... the 265's on them might stop all the wheel spin as well haha

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Been a long time since i last posted in here....

Sold my BA back in November, so now im back driving this. Much more fun to drive and untill yesterday id had no problems with it (except the really bad syncro's in the gearbox... :( )I did buy a turbo kit for it but have decided against using it for now. Might be selling it to a mate.

Done something to the diff last night, not really sure but it was spinning both wheels and its only a single spinner... Made a pretty loud bang and then it was making all sorts of odd noises. Today its all good but a mate suggested iv probably done something to the Spyder gears in the diff. So iv organised to buy an LSD for it in the next week or so.

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Recently installed an LSD 3.23 ratio. Have a new 5 speed to go in soon with a new clutch. Bought some BF Xr8 rims so when i get some hub adapters ill put them on for something different.

Heres some recent pics

And a few with a mates ute

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

love the 3rd pic

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:50 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EFII Fairmont XR8

TAS, Australia

fairmont599 wrote:
Recently installed an LSD 3.23 ratio. Have a new 5 speed to go in soon with a new clutch. Bought some BF Xr8 rims so when i get some hub adapters ill put them on for something different.

Nice, put your standard tail lights in and your onto a winner.

Any closeups of your bonnet ghia emblem?

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Ill try get a pic this weekend, I actually like the the clear tail lights, they go with the colour really nice. One of them things where you need to see them in person to appreciate them.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next