Fordmods Logo

Family Wagon (97 EL Futura, stock cruiser) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Family Wagon (97 EL Futura, stock cruiser)
Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: XG

VIC, Australia

Hey guys, posted this is my other EB thread but wasn't getting any reply's etc,

Sold me EB to my brother in law who got his P's and wanted something with about more space, overall its good but does have it's problem, one being trans again, like me EB has a thud from 1st to 3rd, gonna replace the S5, Filter and Pan Fluid and see it that fixes it, and need to fix a few other things nothing major though.

The Ford Family, note my old EB in the back there :), and yes I've replaced the coolant :).

Let me know what you all think, no show car, but a good daily family wagon, main thing to fix is the damn trans (think its a sign to convert to a T5 sometimes I think lol), still have my AU engine I brought, was going to sell it but may keep it just in case the head gasket goes, think it's a original and being a 97 model no hybrid engine here.

XG Ute - 3 Seater - Auto - Dual Fuel

Last edited by DOHCED on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Family Wagon (97 EL Futura)
Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: XH Ute / AU3 V8 Wagon

QLD, Australia

That's a clean tidy looking wagon. Good score.
Maybe try for an AU auto for it, and leave it as a good cruiser.
Keep the pics coming.
Cheers. 8-)

Yes, I own a Ute. No, I won't help you move!

EL Wagon Build Thread http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/sooty72-s-ef-futura-wagon-long-term-project-t90025.html
XH Ute Thread http://www.fordmods.com/post1138970.html#p1138970

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah thanks man, but looks can be deceiving.....

That's only the major rust, few more but nothing has big has this (some size of a 5c coin etc), let you tell me if it's bad or not :),

also here is my AU Series 2 Engine, brought for $595 has new crankshaft, conrods and bearing replaced, has approx 150,000kms, going to get the sump done soon and give it a good clean and paint so whenever I need I can simply put it in etc.

and I'm more going for a T5 conversion, put a AU trans is a alternative also, there are some cheap T5's on gumtree done here that I wouldn't mind getting and having a go at rebuilding one (taking my time of course), got time on my hands etc :).

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hey all, not much happening just got some service parts today, still need sparks plus and some gaskets etc,

also need to get a pump for the trans fluid tomorrow and anything else I can think of.

Thanks.

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hey guys thought I would update this, not alot of happened to the EL apart from normal maintenance (belt, spark plug and leads), still haven't done me Trans fluid change yet has I have been having a s**t back lately, had to help my brother in law has he smashed his EB (my old car) into a 4x4 and pushed the rad support back, along with the bonnet and trans lines (not fun getting in), but managed to that all fixed but my back didn't like it, however I have just found me welsh plugs are leaking, so am thinking of taking the engine out and trans so I can do the rear also (hate not doing a job in full), so while that out doing that, could do the trans service without being tight underneath the car.

on a side note, the wagon did a good 6hrs drive down and back from Morgan, SA and did about 600kms+ with a full load, could of did more but was back in Adelaide by then, it also has good power for a 249,000km+ wagon, did a good 150km/h on a private road :) (no illegal stuff!), so am happy about that still.

Once I can find some $$$ (no luck job hunting with a s**t back, so will update this thread again then (or if anything important happens).

Thanks,
oze-ford.

Post subject: Re: Family Wagon (97 EL Futura, stock cruiser)
Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hey guys thought I would update this once again, not much has happened with the wagon apart from doing a trip to bendigo and to adelaide again 4 times within a week of each other, second times was with pulling a 13x6 trailer with a full load has me and me family have moved down to bendigo vic.

currently paying off a full ba engine and trans with everything to help run it, wanting to put it all in a xh ute later on, so watch out for another dohc build soon :).

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:16 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

oze-ford wrote:
hey guys thought I would update this once again, not much has happened with the wagon apart from doing a trip to bendigo and to adelaide again 4 times within a week of each other, second times was with pulling a 13x6 trailer with a full load has me and me family have moved down to bendigo vic.

currently paying off a full ba engine and trans with everything to help run it, wanting to put it all in a xh ute later on, so watch out for another dohc build soon :).

Now that sounds like a fun trip back and forth. Good to know the car is running well! There hasn't been too many DOHC transplanted builds compared to AUs into E-series, so it is always interesting to see how people approach the DOHC conversion! Good luck with it :D

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah defiantly was fun, first one was to get the animals and fi the wagon up, then the week later was pulling our fridge freezer me au engine and engine crane etc, surprised the trans didn't die has I didn't have a trans cooler installed, still need to put me au engine in yet with a new trans, cheap ones in Melbourne. ...

and yeah I've been researching heaps on the dohc conversions, I'm getting ecu, loom, cluster dash with it also which will help but will need to get a decent xh ute to put it in, also getting the ba k-frame and going to see about putting that in also, so it's going to be a decent build probably in 2014 it just something I wanna do.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]