From Stock to ROCK!! 

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: From Stock to ROCK!!
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:45 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EBII Fairmont 4.0 206rwkw

SA, Australia

ford-racer46 wrote:
Thanks mate ill ring him 2morrow, J3 tuners are impossible down here, i seen your car by the way its really nice, beautifull colour, great bay, i didnt get a chance to read everything,... to make your power what mods have you got, i seen Pacemaker comps,BBM,ect

Its got a big cam, hi comp, EMS, 3inch exhaust, bigger stall, shift kit, 3.7 LSD.

Come down to Harbour Town one Wednesday night. Few Ford guys meet up to shot the breeze.

EBII Fairmont = 206rwkw
EL Fairmont = Daily

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon GLi

SA, Australia

Yeah i might, i see Crazy6ltr tommorow ill ask him if he wants a cruise

Now, I've got a message for all the other drivers out there. If you smell a delicious, crispy smell after the race, it's not your tailpipe. It's just a little of Shake...and Bake!
SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:01 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

Are you on anyother forums?

If your on Facebook, a few of us organise cruises thru 'Super Awesome Cruising Friends'.
Funny name but its just for laughs. We send out msg when we have a meet/cruise.
Join up if you like.

EBII Fairmont = 206rwkw
EL Fairmont = Daily

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Are they nice?

Now, I've got a message for all the other drivers out there. If you smell a delicious, crispy smell after the race, it's not your tailpipe. It's just a little of Shake...and Bake!
SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:13 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

The guys? Yeah we're nice. :lol:

EBII Fairmont = 206rwkw
EL Fairmont = Daily

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Trav 4.0 wrote:
The guys? Yeah we're nice. :lol:

lol i just remember those a** wipes in the commie cruises, always getting into s**t, defecting's, burn outs in built up areas, stuff like that even fights, i get into enough s**t :lol: but yeah next cruise you's have if you remember P.M me ill try and make it.
What cam you got?

SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Good to see another happy customer of Mat at bullet performance. he saved my manual conversion from ultimate failure.

I highly recomend doing your diff gears mate. best mod I ever did before the t5 conversion. 3.45's bare minimum. they will give you more perk but keep your revs down. 3.89s or 4.11s will give you a big shove off the line, but will rev higher on the highway. personally Id love a set of 3.7's but they are rare, since they come from r31 manual skylines. 3.89s came from the auto r31's and the 4.11's came from the pintara.

Ive still got the 3.89s behind the t5, and its too short lol. I can idle off in first without any throttle at all. Id love a set of 3.45's when i can affordd them to drop my highway revs a bit.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Grimketel wrote:
Good to see another happy customer of Mat at bullet performance. he saved my manual conversion from ultimate failure.

I highly recomend doing your diff gears mate. best mod I ever did before the t5 conversion. 3.45's bare minimum. they will give you more perk but keep your revs down. 3.89s or 4.11s will give you a big shove off the line, but will rev higher on the highway. personally Id love a set of 3.7's but they are rare, since they come from r31 manual skylines. 3.89s came from the auto r31's and the 4.11's came from the pintara.

Ive still got the 3.89s behind the t5, and its too short lol. I can idle off in first without any throttle at all. Id love a set of 3.45's when i can affordd them to drop my highway revs a bit.

Yeah he saved my engine from the 1645, it sucked be4 that chip, considering he did it blind he did a great job.
How hi will 4.11's raise RPM@100kph I have heard redline :(

SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

lol not even close to redline at 100. Whoever said that is having a lend of you. Everyones had different experiences, depends on the nick of your gearbox a bit, but when I had the auto with 3.89's it would sit on about 2500 rpm at 100kmh, thats with 16 inch 215/60 profile rim/tyre, 110 ould be closer to 2750 rpm.

now with the manual it sits about 2800 rpm at 110. Right at the start of the torque band means I dont have to drop gears to overtake on the highway 9which I regularly travel between bacchus and geelong). I will go to 4th though when I feel the need for a rush or the overtaking opportunity is narrow. I think i hit about 5500 rpm at 200kmh in 5th.

The problem is speedo correction. 3,45s are easy to correct the speedo you just use the XR speed sender. AU onwards can be flash tuned and corrected, mat tryed to do that for me, but SCT had disabled the function on his software for some unknown reason.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

So im looking for 3.7's? I reckon i wanna stall and put a massive cam in, i got the XH snorkel and EA pipe in, aso drift filter but its missing OOOMPH :twisted: I want more acceleration off the line

SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

It depends what you want out of it. take an e-series xr6 for a spin if you can, as that will give you a rough idea of the difference 3.45's will make. If you think you need more than what the 3.45s can give, start looking aorund for 3.89s or 4.11's. If you can find 3.7's for a reasonable price you will be doing well. When I was shopping around the 3.7s were consistantly a lot dearer because they are rare. Just remember if you go higher than 3.45's you are going to need to look into a speedo corrector that you can get from shiftkits.com.au

http://www.shiftkits.com.au/index.php?m ... eumv7sobt0

with 3.89s i never needed a high stall, the 215's struggled to keep traction even with standard torque converter. Punching from stationary idle, or brake and throttle both produced wheelspin.

enough isn't enough

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3