Fordmods Logo

From Stock to ROCK!! 

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: From Stock to ROCK!!
Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon GLi

SA, Australia

My Series two automatic Falcon started stock as an absolute rock, I brought her at Anderson walk car yard for $2500, I took it for a test drive with my dad and we thought it was faultless, still dad haggled with the shark and got him to put $50 petrol in and 3 months rego for the sticker price.
After the first day it blew its EB Trans out and needed to be replaced. I replaced with a late, minimal kilometre EL falcon Trans, as time went on small modifications began and my Falcon’s story started.
I started with number plates then quickly moved on to an Isotta steering wheel with a collapsible boss kit to keep it all street legal. I then added a stereo system from my old SSS Pulsar it was a full Kenwood system, sub amp deck the lot, after talking to mechanics I was told a more efficient spark boosts power, acceleration and fuel economy so I brought a set of Bosch 8mm silicone spark plug leads and the performance upgrades begun.
The first major upgrade I did was a two and a half inch sports exhaust with a straight through flowing muffler; I used a straight through design for higher flow rates and improved gruntier sound, next I wanted more control as my driving skills developed I was driving faster and trying fair more risky manovers so I wanted a suspension upgrade, I started with the rear so I could do it myself, so I used super low King springs and short stroke Pedders suspension it looked ridicules the front was stock and the rear was nearly on the deck it was completely out of wack, but I kept it in the hopes I would get the front done to match soon.
After a few weeks I got the front done, it already had good Munroe shocks so I added super low King springs and my car looked amazing really, really good even with stock rims. But all good things must come to an end and the fagot C*** fun police f**k me over and defected my ride costing me hundreds to get road worthy again, but! Luckily I was only defected for bald tyres so I was able to avoid the retard oompah loopa at the pits, after the defect was lifted I reinstalled a set of legal low King springs and she was street legal and ready to ride!
Now to enhance my cars street sex appeal, I got some 17 inch Speedy Cobalt rims and in driving like a tool bag I smashed a gutter and f**k one rim that night but luckily for me, I had just enough to get another one the next day and I had a burn out looking machine, (lol) and I say looking because it still didn’t have enough balls to smoke up on a stand still.
Attachment:
10072008089.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Now, I've got a message for all the other drivers out there. If you smell a delicious, crispy smell after the race, it's not your tailpipe. It's just a little of Shake...and Bake!
SHAKE AND BAKE

Post subject: Re: From Stock to ROCK!!
Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

After two weeks I decided to get the rear two rims and she was looking sweet, way more corner control, so more corner speed. Back to being a stinge, the next.....mod (lol) was a blue interior LED, but seriously the next major modification was window tint, nothing to make it faster but it makes it more comfortable and better looking, it was done by TINT-A-CAR Salisbury fully street legal and it really made her stand out.
I blew a head light and changed it with an Artic Blue set of head lights and I also for some added bling I got some blue parkers they look really good also.
I lost my licence, and unfortunately I had an accident just before hand, driving in the wet and I smashed my right rear wheel and diff, the gear cover on the diff were the stabiliser bars sit broke off and ya could see the spider gears and when it ran out of rego my dad needed a car so I sold it to him and away she went....f**k biggest mistake ever I loved that car. Before I sold it, I took the sound system out had to dad don’t need a subwoofer and amp! But I gave it to my girlfriend Kat so she had some decent sound.
Whilst my dad had the car he fixed the diff, got a new rim and re-registered it. Jobs sweet but he was sick of my old a** engine, so he went and got an EL hybrid engine and around eight months later and so much begging it’s not funny dad gave in and I brought the car back for almost nothing....dad rocks! But he brought another EB falcon and kept my Isotta steering wheel, and he took his stereo out no biggy!! But looks s**t!

So I got her back and here’s where the changes really began......
I got an XR6 sports dash, as opposed to the stupid gigantic Speedo that was there before.
Whilst still running the EB three belt system and EB injection in the EL hybrid, my car needed a better cooling edge, after racing around with my mate Malcom who had an AU 5.0L V8 my car was always over heating due to the stress of trying to keep up, so I got a set of EL thematic fans out the paper and f**k the clutch fan off, then installed them with a Davies Craig thematic switch sensor and a single relay system.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Now, I've got a message for all the other drivers out there. If you smell a delicious, crispy smell after the race, it's not your tailpipe. It's just a little of Shake...and Bake!
SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

My step dad gave me an Alpine stereo which was heaps cool, it wasn’t top of the line it’s his old one but it was heaps nice of
The next step was to get cooler more efficient air into the combustion chamber for better throttle response, so I had a old SAAS pod filter I decided to try and fit in the box, no such luck it had to be modified, I cut a hole into the bottom were the hose usually goes into the air box to adjust for the pod size and angle and got an induction hose from Auto barn, I got it to sit there using a piece of rubber from the old air box hose, but the induction hose was steel reinforced(that memory stuff), and I never new but the throttle body has an oval opening, Round hose oval hole....not happening!! So that idea went to s**t for a while.
him and it works well so Awesome.
Attachment:
04092009059.jpglplplplplplplplp.jpg

I took a brake and got some cheap blue wedge bulbs and put them in the dash, Trans and number plate to make it look better. I also lowered the rear by one coil to it was a little uneven and, then I installed a G.T wing which turned out to be s**t looking now I got a boot full of holes because I took it off.
The next stage was more speed, so I upgraded the cam to a Wade 1673 spec but little did I know that the engine my dad installed had an EL bottom end and an AU Head formally known amongst Ford Falcon lovers as the EL Hybrid, so when I tried to start it after the five hour installation I f**k all the rocker gear and destroyed the Cam completely, after some investigation I found out that stamped on the head was 96DA which means big f**k mistake installing that cam it took five hours to install and three seconds to destroy, (lol) but I just didn’t no!
So that’s what she used to look like before I started to change more stuff as seen in the picture there is the stock trans cooler, magenta rocker cover, air condition still installed, stock exhaust manifold, SAAS pod in the box, three belt system, original injectors and fuel pressure regulator, that picture was taken with the now f**k camshaft so I started to change more.
With the engine in what I thought to be in good or rather decent condition, I decided to continue along the camshaft line still and in order to run well an AU camshaft must be installed, so to test it wasn’t screwed I installed my original camshaft and low and behold she lives again thankyou Jesus!! (lol)
Before I got the second Camshaft reground I knew I needed a better exhaust to help with the longer exhaust duration of the cam lobe so I went and got a set of Pacemaker 4499 Headers from Exhaust Technology and a 200CPI Hurricane metallic core two and a half inch HI-FLOW catalytic convertor from a guy on eBay, brand new tho.
Attachment:
03022010167.jpg

SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

So!! After talking to the sales rep at Wade he convinced me that the biggest grind I can go with the stock ECU and Stock springs is the Wade AU1645 spec all it needed is the second shim behind the lash adjusters and she would run well and deliver more power at mid range.
Unfortunately this was not the case once I got it back I installed it and it started first go then started hunting, stalling and eventually just wouldn’t start it sucked! My spark plugs were fouled and it was f**k!
So I changed the plugs and upgraded the cold air intake to a better fitting rubber connecter and an insulated memory induction hose I also changed the pod filter to a BLUE drift filter with a better shape for a better fit.
I also installed an oversized Transmition cooler from a VK commodore Drag car, and some Douche bag told me to put an EL ECU in her and a BBM solenoid so I did and it ran, it had no power at all but it worked still.
So back to the cam after all these things were installed I restarted the car and it ran and rapidly went to s**t again, it hunted, stalled but this time a nice little twist the whole f**k witted engine blew three exhaust valves through the pistons...YAY!! All that money, work and time went to s**t.

I got myself thinking since I have the AU cam I need another Hybrid after ringing every wrecking yard for a second hand engine my dad went into the wrecking yard where he got the Hybrid and organised for an AU engine to be installed he also got them to let me help me install it to witch was cool!
Allot of work goes into retro fitting an AU engine into an EB engine bay, the sump needs to be changed, drilled and siliconed, the block needs to be drilled in places and the transmition brackets are no longer needed anymore there might be other stuff I can’t remember but it’s a pain in the a**.
Before I went to get it put in I got some cool new 270cc Rochester injectors and a genuine xr6 Falcon fuel pressure regulator.
So we installed the AU engine and we had trouble with base timing I think it was the huge injectors because there from an LS1 or an xr6 Turbo but we got her running and got her home safe.
I also got a MOMO Corse steering wheel after installing the engine form Car Toys.

I wanted my cam in so I rang Wade and got some cam advice and they again assured me it would work so after a few days I was thinking allot about it and I tried re-installing my cam, I established top dead centre took the original cam out re-shimmed the lashers and installed the AU1645 done up the rockers and it was great I installed a Falcon cam in under one hour f**k all those rip off, a** wipe mechanics out there who want to charge hundreds for this simple procedure, I got a quote for $560 and the guy said but I take no responsibility for idle.....WHAT!! get f**k!!(lol) so back to it, I put her back together and started her up and she ran smooth as.... then! I ring Wade and they say reset the ECU, so I did then it all went to s**t again hunting, stalling and dead so I checked the plugs and they were fouled, but I suspect there were f**k before so I cleaned em up, put them back in and it repeated hunting, stalling, dead! So to play it safe I left her alone and I went on eBay and found a guy who owns Bullet Performance Racing and he supplied me with a J3 port chip custom tuned for my specs and he recommended to go back to the EBII ECU ( 1DCE P/N- 91DA-12A650-DCE ) I brought it on a Monday and got it on a Wednesday from Melbourne the guy is great, I plugged the chip in done a trans and throttle response recalibration and it ran like a dream! More power than ever before and when the cam kicks in it fly’s its really good!
The only down side is that with all its power I’m very tempted to use it, but I can’t afford to loose my licence again
So this is what it looks like now she’s almost done a few bits and pieces left and a clean and it’s ready to go!!
Attachment:
03032010029.jpg

SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

So since the brought up i did a month ago we have this to show
• Stock Ford Falcon EBII
• Plates
• Changed trans to EL
• Isotta steering wheel and collapsible boss kit
• Sony Explode stereo, 6” Pioneer front and rears, Kenwood 12” sub and amp
• 8ml spark plug leads
• ADD 2.5” sports exhaust
• a** dumped with Pedder shocks and King spring super lows
• Front dumped Munroe shocks and King spring super lows
• DEFECTED!!
• a** lifted with standard low king springs
• Front 17” Speedy Cobalt rims
• 2 weeks later rear 17” Speedy Cobalt rims
• Darkest legal tint
• Arctic BLUE front headlights
• Blue parker lights
CAR SOLD TO THE f@rt!
BROUGHT BACK!!(LOL)
• Late model EL engine installed With stock EB alternator, power steering pump, fuel rails and injectors, ECU, and 3 belt system still on
• XR6 tacho cluster
• Alpine Stereo
• Induction with POD filter
• EL twin thermo fan conversion with Davis Craig switch sensor
• Blue dash, trans, number plate and boot interior light
• WADE 1645 camshaft
• Massive Transmission Cooler
• PACEMAKER 4499 Headers
• 200CPI Hurricane Hi Flow Cat Convertor
• Drift Super flow Pod filter
• Up Graded Battery Terminals
• ENGINE BLOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
• AU Engine Installed
• XR6 Fuel pressure regulator 300Kpa
• Rochester 270cc fuel injectors
• AU1645 Cam Re-installed
• MOMO Corse steering wheel
• J3 Chip
• G.T Wing scraped (looked s**t without a full G.T kit)
Also front slotted rotors, gold battery terminals, DRIFT panal air filter(is 3 more KW dyno proven more than K&N) oil catch can, and im sure theres more but im so drunk, ill msg latter MATTY OUT...... :|
Attachment:
23042010074.jpg
Attachment:
23042010070.jpg

SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: EL F100 CAPRI XR EF

Power: 234 rwkw

SA, Australia

looking good
you've done heaps to it

wrong section but, should be in the garage

just needs an ea rubber hose on the intake to airbox section to open up the breathing a bit more

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Whats an EA rubber hose??? and will a modiratoe move it, like Troyman?

SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Troy mans always telling me off lol hes cool tho and thanks for the nicey nices, im getting a XH ute air imtsake thingy. The boyz on her say its better

SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: EL F100 CAPRI XR EF

Power: 234 rwkw

SA, Australia

hi, this is the ea intake ducting compared to the restricted ed one (ed on left)
pic borrowed from boxcar

Attachment:
boxcar intake.jpg

the xh snorkel is almost twice the size of the standard one

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Oh i understand, im trying to find a silicone hose to fit it but no such luck, znd the metalic ones are dodge because the throttle body is oval. does that really restrict enough to matter, i no every little bit counts tho.

SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2006 BF XR8 Boss 260

New Zealand

Good stuff sticking with it mate, feels alot better when you've built something yourself.

Current...
XY Faker Project...
EL XR6 Work Hack...

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 92 EB Falcon

very nice man i will be watching this thread! i wish i had the money to this woth my EF Monty

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:27 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

awww im a nice guy.. :) ..
ill move it to the garage for you.. :)

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Thanks Troy, i didnt no till XRfairmont67 told me! Im gonna start the interior soon, what do you guys recomend for an EBII?? I started this up to get some thoughts an input, good or bad.....lay it on me :wink:

SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Ya no the intercooler tubes? thats what i want somthing like that, but if the EA ones the bestya can get....LET... IT ...BE... DONE! :shock:

SHAKE AND BAKE

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next