Fordmods Logo

Fordmods Advertising

FUTURLANE ULTIMATE BUDGET STORIES 

Page 209 of 211 [ 3153 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211  Next

Post subject: Re: FUTURLANE ULTIMATE BUDGET STORIES
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Fair point old bean. Fair

And here, just to keep things on topic, ever so slightly.... CHECK OUT THE CHROME!
Shame I cannot put the spotlight into the holes. Would ruin my airflow over the oil cooler (working as a rather large power steering fluid cooler) and the other oil cooler (running as something else...)
Have I mentioned that there are still no thermo fans sitting behind the AU3 radiator in the front of the car?
Knew you'd like that one Snap...
And here's a bunch of alloy tec-screwed to the front bar and the K=frame.
It's my crumple zone.

EDIT ---
And, yes, it did become a crumple zone.

Left fender bent too, dammit. Teach me for attaching anything to an original part with anything strong than cable ties.....

Last edited by fiend on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

SERENITY. In my own way. Finally getting down and dirty with removing the driveshaft, shifter, gearbox, bellhousing, clutch and flywheel from my car. Switch off. Concentrate fully on what is in front of me. Get lost to something else.

SERENE. Not only a beautiful lady living in house with an awesome view above Wellington. But a term for living in harmony. For, seriously, you must work in concert with the tools, the car, the problems.

It's just that cars don't get drunk and pick stupid fights.

Clutch Gearbox Ford

This picture may not do it justice, but this thing is F**k. One hundred percent.

I could release my foot off the clutch pedal and the car would not move. You then gave it a little throttle and she would start to move, so then stepped off the throttle before it let go again.

Took me approximately three hours from showing up at the Butlers house with my tools.

Dropped the T5 Mustang gearbox onto my forearm. The starter motor swung on it's electrical cable like a Reb Bull sponsors bridge swing exponent to come crashing into my knee.

My finger, which is still healing, cannot feel anything on fingertip, but all the fingertip nerves are located in one little point a few mm's back. And they hurt.

Not being able to feel with fingertip makes getting to certain bolts on this project very tricky.

Those knowledgeable with such activities will understand. You cannot see all the bolts. You know where they should be and you are working blind.

I spent twenty minutes undoing a bolt that was already undone.
Bloody good times.

The people doing periodic detention and on ankle bracelets over the fence were cracking up. They all know me. I know them. They may all be twenty and gangsta or pretty and cute (or cute and pretty AND gangsta, sorry ladies) and they may have had nothing to do with cars ever. But they know me slightly. And seeing me appear from a pit under a car covered in oil, a bit of blood, swollen forearm and a huge grin from ear to ear surprised no one. Even those who did not know I even owned a car. Most of them know me as crazy. Just quietly, I hope they see me with grudging respect. I gave up smoking. Gave up drugs. Always turn down their offers of gear. I laugh at their stories, tell them when they are doing the wrong drug combinations. In a way I think the young people may actually have a bit of respect for the old fella. In a way there is some good coming out of hanging around with this people. Am proud of me sometimes. Even if the route is dodgy as hell.

Going to pick up new clutch, have had spare flywheel machined...

Putting all this back into a car by yourself if not bloody easy.

Gearbox needs to be lined up EXACTLY to go in the hole. It wieghs 50kg or something. And. Well. f**k. See you later.

Something approaching Serenity awaits. Although I have a feeling she will not come out to play too often today. Am picking my daughter up in six hours. I am at home trying to concentrate on getting out the door and buying the stuff I need to put car together nicely.

But seriously, I am going for a coffee with my mate "nigz" and having a laugh at myself.

Being a d**k head and proud takes effort.

ADHD tells me I have plenty of time.

I can do what I want. I *will have all this done*.

ADHD has a f**k lousy clock.

--
--
--
PS - Cut the tip off finger scratching for potatoes in garden and finding broken glass instead. f**k YOU HOUSING NEW ZEALAND AND YOUR CRAP MAINTENANCE.

Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Got a clutch, was f**k awesome. Just the wrong size. Turns out I have a six hole EA or EB flywheel to work with.

a**!

Had to take it back, fortunately the guys at BNT AUTO WELLINGTON are bloody brilliant.

Since I live in a block about 300m away from their shoppe, (just around the corner at top of hill you can see by clicking here) I also got two flywheels machined (one was totally crap) at Sarich Motors by SCOTT.

Total cost was under $600.

Just that I got the wrong HD clutch size... I always thought I had a bloody late E series flywheel. It isn't.

Should have drilled and tapped the flywheel to suit the larger clutch.

Have totally ran out of money.

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

whats been happening in the world of fiend lately?

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Hello. Moved out the coast...

Currently have been doing a replace wagon rear door (who would have thought EF and EL have a couple of different plugs to chop n splice, along with tube for rear window sprayer running up left hand electrical duct rather than it's own holes in door / D pillar...)

Also have...

Uhm...

FOURTH SET OF SEATS TO CHANGE.

Black leather AUIII Mont Ghia / LTD three position memory electric drivers seat.

So - AU seats into EF wagon (at minimum...) along with some sort of electrical capability to move the damn seat forwards and backwards (easy enough by chopping the wires to the motor and putting switches on with reverse polarity - have some old window switches) but... f**k that. Want the three position thing and retain use of the original switches, controls and the THREE POSITION MEMORY.

AU seats ARE different mountings entirely from E series, yes.

Should have purchased that cheap welder after all.

Think I have a way to fix all that problematic crap.... BUT, wait, there's more...

Uhm, what the hell... Am here trying to find what all those F'ing wires I chopped out of the AU3 wiring loom going to the electric seat were trying to achieve.

BIG BLACK ONE would be obvious. BIG YELLOW one obvious too.

But the other ten? A few are for the seat belt tensioner (it's an E-Series - that can piss off...) but knowing my skills with coloured wires will get a vibrating seat whenever I turn the stereo on and park lamps overheating when trying adjust seat height....

GRRR (again...)

Here is something handy, but no help with any of those damn coloured bits of spaghetti....

GRRR.

Also put in a new 2.5 mandrel bent (no cat and only one centre muffler)...

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Trying to get NU (AU3 Ghia) electric leather seats into your 1994 EF Wagon is made easier with this AU NU GHIA MEMORY ELECTRIC SEATING WIRING DIAGRAM?!!!

:lol:

Not going to worry too much about electric mirrors, stereo, foot pedal height...

Leave that to someone like Frankieh or Datamine...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Rewired 2004 Nu Ghia three memory electric seat to put full leather interior into old horse, but maybe shoulda put thermo fans on priority... no fans in summer is responsible for some "creative driving choices "

Turns out all you need is a couple of earths and a big yellow wire to battery. Problem is that forward and backward seat position not working. May have fried something when chopping wires and shorting them in order to move seat forward / back to get seat bolts out from under seat. Motor still works, so maybe these two red wires soldered into loom will connect to an old ef rear window switch to reverse polarity and the memory thing will never know how long your legsies are.

All other functions ok, including previous owners memory settings...

Hmmmm....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

VIC, Australia

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

As some mad f**k once said....
Mad2 wrote:
hmmmm........ :mrgreen:

Leather drivers seat with three memory settings really does seem to have fried something in the region of "move seat forward or back".

There is a sensor and a motor. Motor works, and just spent half an hour removing all the insulation tape and checking my connections on all the wires that were cut during original process of seat removal.

They are all fine.

The solenoid clicks in when you select "move seat backwards / forwards" but the motor no workie.

No motor workie = no seat movie.

So, the big red wires out the front are connected directly to the green wires that are used to drive the motor from the PCB (printer circuit bored) and can therefore be shorted onto the + and - of the battery and get the seat moving.

I am still using jumper leads and a spare battery to short the sunroof wires to get that moving forwards and backwards too.

The thing about getting a road worthy would be to put in switches and another connection to battery. Having an old stereo install (AMP +) going from battery terminal to cabin is an option. But, as per me, I happened to run extra wires through the area whilst all the panels and doors were off. So ----

Put another inline stereo type fuse up front of car and have a big fat positive wire running into cabin, splitting into two - one going up A pillar to drive sunroof and other running along floor to drive seat.

Just need two switches with capable of being OFF and having the polarities changed in order to drive motors up or down.

post1133602.html?hilit=rear%20window%20switch%20diagram#p1133602

Found an issue with it shorting out, so removed the wires from motor to control unit and am using an old FUTURA window switch to run the seat movement and will wire the other switch to the sunroof. WINNING!!!

Image<YouTube!

Am still working out ways to get AU seats to fit the E series nice and simply. A few options - looks like chopping the awkward three "feet" off E series rails welding them to the AU is simplest...

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Other than having an hour or two off here and there, managed to do a little bit recently...

Seats from EL Mont GHIA chopped feet, welded to bottom of NU 2003's... New tailgate and the bumper off my spare AU wagon...

And one hell of an annoying chicken constantly getting into everything...

Dinner and bed for me.... Will sort out the position of the fire extinguisher that is stopping the electric seat going forwards and backwards in the morning.....

Nun nighs...

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Wish I could remember how to take the strip from under the tailgate window off... Destroyed the one off the green gate, too ADHD patience winning... Whilst the one on the grey gate was taken off and replaced by me when painting it blue, but... HOW GODDAMIT... !!!

Anyhooooo ....

Here is the switch set up currently.

Will probably turn into a full time position once there is a centre console solution in mind. Really like not having a centre console... Only thing - It is really practical having somewhere to put things between the seats... Just hate (with vengeance) the Ford 90's-early 2000 design that gets in the way of your left elbow when playing with passengers.......

Seeing the road around gearbox is fun whilst driving, but have custom made a neat little do-dacky out of silicon to seal around short shifter and possibly cover floor instead of carpet. Is hard to make one length of anything mould to the two footwells with the drive train tunnel in between.

So, either hide the middle under a centre console of some description, or do something tricky with tunnel and hide the fact the footwells aren't covered properly with mats. Hmmmmmm...

And to think the ONLY reason I started this seat install was needing less stuff to move. HAVE BEEN EVICTED. Have four weeks to find a place for three beds, two cars, three chickens and a bloody croaky old rooster... So, at least now there are four less seats to move and find space for....

Sigh....

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Got the strip off, now I remember...

Put a new chrome bit on, and stuck it all on the back of my poor old dear...

Getting there....

AU Bumper... All good.

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

HELLOOOOOOOO
My name is Fiend, and I am an addict.... Sigh....

Having been disqualified for three months (is anyone up for a little story telling....
.!%$%^!!
) and been homeless for a while (another story) have kind of been lucky with making ends meet and scrapping my broken a*** into a home just before the judge sentences me to home detention. Home detention without a home is an awkward proposition. Ends up with communal showers, put it that way...

So, have a house and four or five months to kill whilst in the house.

Have been accumulating some projects to get along with...

Some house projects - tiles, wood, plants, sculpture...
Some crazy a***, really should not be, but just too much of an addict, car projects.

Maybe one day soon will even have a post worthy of this esteemed magical site, FordNods.

Then again... Maybe not.

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

VIC, Australia

fiend wrote:
HELLOOOOOOOO
My name is Fiend, and I am an addict.... Sigh....

Having been disqualified for three months (is anyone up for a little story telling....
.!%$%^!!)
and been homeless for a while (another story) have kind of been lucky with making ends meet and scrapping my broken a*** into a home just before the judge sentences me to home detention. Home detention without a home is an awkward proposition. Ends up with communal showers, put it that way...

So, have a house and four or five months to kill whilst in the house.

Have been accumulating some projects to get along with...

Some house projects - tiles, wood, plants, sculpture...
Some crazy a***, really should not be, but just too much of an addict, car projects.

Maybe one day soon will even have a post worthy of this esteemed magical site, FordNods.

Then again... Maybe not.

faaaark me! ..... yep goood thing ya have somewhere ta park ya aarsse :lol:

interesting way of 'towing' a vehicle.... what was it bolted to :?: :?: :?: .... i cut off a front end & tech screwed a tow bar on . . . . . :roll: towed well tho 8-) need ta do it again tho :lol:

anyway .................. whats the errrrr ... story ?? .... or ANY story....... :roll: ... prob explains why havn't heard much from ya :wink: :!: :?:

Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

"Mad2 wrote ...

interesting way of 'towing' a vehicle.... what was it bolted to :?: :?: :?: .... i cut off a front end & tech screwed a tow bar on . . . . . :roll: towed well tho 8-) need ta do it again tho :lol:"

Then Fiend, in reply wrote:
I drilled through the radiator support panel about half an inch away from the sides of the car and welded some 50mm angle steel on the under side and a 50mm square washer to the top, then dropped m12 10.2 strength bolts in the holes and tightened nuts under neath. Then put rubbers from the top of some leaf springs on, then the towing 50mm angle iront, then nuts underneath. Solid as f**k, let me tell ya. Needed the rubbers as my test version ripped itself a little when going over curbs or speedbumps. You need vertical movement capabilities, put it that way... The original test rig ripped itself to bits when turning VERY tight corners and attempting to reverse too (heheheeeh)...

anyway .................. whats the errrrr ... story ?? .... or ANY story....... ... prob explains why havn't heard much from ya wrote:
:There's a story. It's long. Various people have said I should write a book. They are probably correct... Maybe one day...

Anyhow...

Starting off video...

And. after an hour and twenty minutes...

Even planted some NZ Native flax and things to beautify the place.....

Neighbours don't seem to preturbed... Even mowed their lawns for them... Although that cost me more than bargained for when hitting a steel trampoline hidden in the long grass. Don't think they will be paying for the repair somewhere.... Damn state housing tenants. We all suck.

Still, I have a welder. I have a spare parts car. I have the oppurtunity of producing a new FordNods post of quality.

Sort by  
 Page 209 of 211  [ 3153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211  Next