Page 1 of 12 [ 178 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Post subject: Goodys fairmont.
Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6, EA Brock Falcon

VIC, Australia

oG'day fellow fordmods members.
im kind of new to ford mods and thought i would share my car with you for any suggestions/improvments and feedback. the storey starts when i got my L's. mum and dad had promised me dads car if i finished year 12. im 17 at the moments. and 18 next month.

Attachment:
DSCF0052.JPG

as you can see dads car was not ur average car. its build number 32 brock ea falcon 5-speed manual. mechanically it had alot of money spent on it but it needed some TLC (and still does)

i had saved up a bit of money so i could make these improvments until i stumbled across a blue ef fairmont running on dual fuel at a local car yard we went against it because it didnt run well. i automatically fell in love with the ef-el fairmonts. and after dad decieded that the brock would not be a suitable first car for me (cause he didnt want to let it go) i started looking on the net at other ef el's. i stumbled across this in early november.

Attachment:
mine3.JPG

we went down and had a look, it had done 270,000 kms, ran on dual fuel and had an engine rebuild when the the previos owner put the car on gas. we struck a deal and the car was mine for $4,500.
it came wih an el fairmont grille and rear spoiler otherwise it was stock.

so i started saving my pennies. my very first mod was white dials which light up blue.

Attachment:
blue dash lights..jpg

after that came a sony cd/mp3 player. after christmas i had enough money to buy some wheels. i looked around got stuffed around by the tyre factory and then decieded to buy 18's. i went with the 18 inch cobras. got them for a reasonable price of $1300 with tyres from wheelsmag on ebay.the 18's looked nice and suit an ef-el well.

i scrapped of the decals on the door, and brought some clear side indicators of a guy on ebay which just replaced the standard ones, brought some blue led parker globes, chrome innder door handles, got some new kenwood 6x9's speakers, resprayed the wipers and put new wiper blades on and took the mud guards off.

Attachment:
DSCF0043.JPG

i started saving my money yet again for lowering. it was a pain in the bum having the car sit so high because lowering would really set it off. i started searching around and got quotes of 400-500 just for springs plus 50-70 for a wheel alignment.

Then somehow fate played into my hands. a new shop had opend in my town and igot a quote for 370 for 4 springs and a wheel alignment. the place just happend to be ran by steven loader who i did some research on runs in burnout comps in a ht premier dont hold that against him lol. i recieved some bad news that i would be needing new shockers for my new springs so i ended up getting my whole suspension re-done. it included kingsprings, monroe gt shortend shockers.The end result was a very low car, a very happy boy and a debt of about 350 bucks to the folks as the budget of 600 was passed.

Attachment:
DSCF0054.JPG

im one happy boy. i need to gt a new l/h drivers mirrir as the one i got now has been wrecked and put back together with liqid nails by the dealer i brought it off. future mods include a sports exhust, clear tailights, tickford body kit, ghia door trims and new cold air intake system. im open to aany suggestions and feedback and would like to here back from other memebrs with any ideas and feedback

Goody

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by goody21 on Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Goodys fairmont.
Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NF Fairlane

QLD, Australia

Cars looking really good mate

I was looking at those cobra imitation rims myself, they're not a bad looking rim at all and i see they really do suit the ef el shape nicely

Seeing your car really makes me wanna get off my a*** and do some mods to mine, especially tinting the windows, dark windows really set off a white car nicely

Look forward to seeing what you do next

If you don't do it whilst your livin, you aint got no bloody chance when your dead!!!

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Xr6 Turbo

VIC, Australia

cleannnnnn real nice lookin monty there mate.. well done. lol funny u didnt exactly the same steps i did with my old car. lowering came last. maybe remove the spoiler (just get another one off ebay) usally like 40.00 :-)

Previous cars

1995 ef futura - nothing special
2003 xr6 turbo 5 -speed 307rwkw

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

geez those mods are coming fast...... pretty cashed up for a 17 year old :)

well done, the car looks great..... like mentioned removal of the boot spoiler is a must, and will give the illusion of the car being a little lower too without it. Being a white car, you shouldnt have much trouble in sourcing a cheap replacement boot lid

performance mods if your keeping it auto, i would fit 3.9 or 4.11 diff gear with lsd. Will have to fit a speedo corrector after that, but there easy to fit, and dont cost much

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont II

VIC, Australia

I bet dad payed for the rims and lowering? :lol:
Well done mate, it took me ages to get my car lowered, but then again i had alot to to to my fairmont when i got her.
I had no reg or rdw, no gear box etc
She was on here death bed and now shes running better than ever!

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

EFFII wrote:
Well done mate, it took me ages to get my car lowered, but then again i had alot to to to my fairmont when i got her.

it's says he's been saving, if he's been working and he save sensibly thats not a great deal of money, including the mention of christmas, and even says he owes his dad money as the shocks went overbudget.

Sure he may have been lucky and got a Fairmont bought for him by the sounds of it, despite having a bit of cash to play with, but each to the own. All I hope is he truly appreciates it, because not allot that do get a car given to them will.

Good job with the car mate, sounds like things are coming along for you alright.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

EFFII wrote:

nah ive saved for all of it as i said i owe money for lowering, most of the money ive earnt has came from a part time job, i might look into a new boot without a spoiler thanks for the suggestion fellas, keep them coming.

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:11 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

very clean, blue parkers f**k that up.

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

dont like them?

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

No spoiler FTW !!!

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

that does look good fordfairmont. its got me thinking.

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Man thats a nice ride you got yourself there, looks mint sitting low on 18" cobras :wink:

Id definately lose the spoiler, especially after seeing FordFairmont's quick chop. Sets it off nicely and looks awesome!!

So is the EA Brock still in the family? From the pictures it looked like it would make a great project car :mrgreen:

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

the brocks still in the family and is dad's everyday drive. i agree would make a mint project car. i think i mite start looking at new bootlids lol it does sit nice ont she, bit of guard rub at the moment though :(

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Im guessing at the front? Maybe get the guards rolled if the havent been already.

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah me and dad are gona get on to it asap before i destroy my front tyres.

Attachment:
DSCF0055.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 12  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next