Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Gregas grandpa spec EF Fairmont Ghia
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

KWIKXR wrote:
Shifter knob is easy, the shifter is screwed down and then nut at the bottom is screwed up to lock it in position (hope that makes sense lol). Just hold the shifter still so that it does turn while you loosen the nut at the base of the shifter - i think you have to loosen the nut turning it anti clockwise if i remember correctly. Then when you've loosened the nut just keep unscrewing the shifter and its off.
turn the nut clockwise as you try and turn the shifter anti clockwise, now a strong bit of advice, be careful with that chrome button don't try and stress it in anyway if possible.
There's so many of them broken floating around, replacements can be bought, but cost is pretty full on.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:32 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

thanks guys

i'm not overly fussed with gregorys / ellery manuals.

much prefer to original workshop manuals from ford - an absolute must these days for successfully modding and not destroying things.

josh - i was reading your thread about the LEDs - and yeah that will be happening asap

BenJ - i spent a day or so reading your stuff on the wagon build - nice work there. some years ago i did something sorta similar with a VN 5 litre wagon many years ago (first successful VS dash conversion ever done in an early, even documented it)

thanks all for the shifter handle bit. it looks a bit average so want to make it look its best.

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

OZBMX wrote:
KWIKXR wrote:
Shifter knob is easy, the shifter is screwed down and then nut at the bottom is screwed up to lock it in position (hope that makes sense lol). Just hold the shifter still so that it does turn while you loosen the nut at the base of the shifter - i think you have to loosen the nut turning it anti clockwise if i remember correctly. Then when you've loosened the nut just keep unscrewing the shifter and its off.
turn the nut clockwise as you try and turn the shifter anti clockwise, now a strong bit of advice, be careful with that chrome button don't try and stress it in anyway if possible.
There's so many of them broken floating around, replacements can be bought, but cost is pretty full on.

My bad got that round the wrong way, thanks for fixing that up OZBMX. Yes loosen the nut by turning it clockwise (so turn it the way how you would tighten things usually).

Lol i broke my chrome button on my leather shifter while driving my car, put the car into reverse when doing a 3 point turn and 'snap', i s**t myself when that happend, took me a while to engage drive again :lol:

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:10 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

yay picked it up today. is grouse as. first ford. FTW!

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:20 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

first real mod to the car : 2.5" redback sports exhaust put on this morning. was going to buy it and DIY but for 260 bucks supplied and fitted, its really not worth my time.

certainly has woken the thing up thats for sure.

now its time to plumb in some metal pipes to a pod in the factory airbox location.....time for some mandrel bends and welding methinks.

oh and i'm on the lookout for a ea/eb/ed boxcar wagon for a TT setup. got 1 rb20det turbo, now need another.....although need the car first

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:16 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

ah picsorban
note i have premo sound in the beast with a temperamental CD player. although that might just be the burnt CDs

i took the door apart to find the rattle. it seems my elec window was replaced at some stage and someone couldn't be bothered to tighten up the screws....to which i found my front speaker was bit shattered that came with the premo sound

i know folks say these are alpine systems, this appears to be pioneer...

the original dud speaker.
again
the replacement
some quick repairs

and for the exhaust - beats that original thing. needs some chrome bling
all the way to the cat

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:41 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

got some more MB quarts to replace the back shelf stock premo sound items
they have much cleaner highs than the premo sound stock pioneer kit ; so treble has been turned down a whole heap.
also had to fix the sub as the connector on that had come away from the bracket that holds it to the sub basket. that was fairly easy

the good thing about the MBs is they go in the stock holes and use the stock mounting screw locations. they are only 2 way but i've never liked the harshness of 3 ways so suit me nicely.

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:18 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

for reference ; brylite plug

pin4 - green
pin7 - brown
pin3- white
pin6 - red
pin1 - yellow

now have a trailer with ALL working lights hooked up to the you beaut mont

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:24 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

not really a mod ; front rotors and pads replaced today along with the stupid brake light switch - what a s**t of a job that is.

Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:59 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

another mod. 2 x 12" kenwoods in the boot with their own amps. MUCH more bass. i split off the red and white RCAs (in) onto the factory premo sound amp - and sent them to the other amps - works well.

of note - do not try to run power for your amps from the 15A power feed to the factory premo amp - it will work for a little but cuts out - too much load. i need to run a seperate wire from the battery to power the amps - next weekend :)

love my mont. its very special. does anyone elses EF practice DOD (displacement on demand) - advanced cylinder shutdown technology - sometimes it runs on a couple of cylinders, sometimes it just stops :) still love it though

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

Hey man nice car I own the same thing same colour but not GHIA

Mine has done that it misfires once or twice at a totally random time, hasnt done it for about 3 months.. I did play with the leads.. Have a feeling one wasn't clipped on properly.

Did you get a full exhaust with extractors..? I'm Thinking I would like a little bit more go then standard although it does 100 in under 8 seconds so it's healthy..

How does yours go?

ED Fairmont, Ghia mock DOHC-T 11.6 @ 118 Trying to get back to the 1/4!

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:57 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

hi edfairmont4.0 - thanks - sorry i didn't realise you'd replied :)

yeah mine was misfiring off and on and dropping cylinders.
on friday night my coil pack died, which, i've just replaced now and all is back to normal :)

i only got a redback cat back system on mine - it really woke it up - mine goes REALLY well is much more responsive than my wifes VX V6 titanic.

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:40 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

one coil pack replaced, one brake light switch replaced. set of plugs replaced too for good measure.

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:12 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

plus an oil change and filter plus air filter. one service - check.
the old bird is running great now i don't think its ever run so well. i reckon that coil pack must have been shat for some time.
if only now the bloody air conditioning would fix itself without me having to take the whole freaking dash out well that would be, nice...

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2