Fordmods Logo

GURENOS FALCONS (OLD TO CURRENT) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: GURENOS FALCONS (OLD TO CURRENT)
Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL FAIRMONT

WA, Australia

hey guys.

finally thought id post my cars up.

first one up is my first ford. a EF FAIRMONT. stock as a rock.

a Z31 turbo 86" 300zx and jeep cherokee later.

i ended up with my 2nd ford. an EL fairmont GHIA.

unfortunately....this happened.

with only 3rd party insurance. i sold the car complete for $3500 ( a move i regret slightly as the buyer only wanted the block and nothing else)

in need of a car for work. i ended up buying another EL fairmont. with a front EL xr6 kit, with a AU HP XR6 engine swap and manual conversion and a few light mods like rear 3.45's, pacemakers, mild cam, chip, oversized throttle body etc.

Post subject: Re: GURENOS FALCONS (OLD TO CURRENT)
Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

around 4 weeks ago though.

a mate of mine was looking for a new car.

and i knew a mate of mine who had an EF XR6 sitting in his driveway which he never drove.

so sure enough we headed around. and low and behold the car was pretty mint. and looked the part. 1 previous owner who was country based. full service history. unfortunately he had done the head which landed the car with my mate who reconditioned the head and put it all back together to sell on for a profit. (think he got it for $1000 or something).

anyways, my mate who was buying was keen. but there were several things that needed to be fixed on the EF. so he suddenly decided to start making bids on my car. so sure enough an hour later. i had sold my burgandy EL for $3500 and bought my other mates EF11 XR6.

Post subject: Re: GURENOS FALCONS (OLD TO CURRENT)
Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

so having bought my mates EF for $2500

i had a grand to fix her up.

first off. the gearbox was whining. which was sought of cool as i could drive around like a big scary supercharged car :|

few quick tests and a bit of research i determined it to be the input shaft.

i pulled the box 3rd day of ownership and had a 2nd hand box put in its place for $250 and a carton of jacks.

2nd issue was a blown front shock on front left corner.

bought new kingspring superlows all round and monroe GTs all round and replaced front end control arm bushes with nolothane units. so $650 later (trade price) and another carton of jacks for help from a mate. and the car was driving like new.

3rd thing i addressed was painting my rims (there due to be sandblasted and powder coated within the next few weeks) but i couldnt wait. and the old FTR's were covered in red dust.

so off came the country spec mudflaps. and i painted my rims with some professional grade $3.50 a can :), bunnings paint and some etch primer.

aside from that. a good service and filter change. and some fiddeling with the soundsystem wiring. and she has been a good daily. with half decent performance.

and the funny thing is. when i was driving the XR6 home from my mates. with my mate driving my EL. we pulled onto beach rd. and ofcourse you guessed it...the XR smoked it haha (well not smoked, but a wins a win)

but aside from that. after a week of fiddeling,cleaning and servicing. shes a pretty clean and straight TICKFORD 6. with 190,000 original kms and factory MANUAL. with every optional extra other then the sunroof selected from factory. inclucing cd stacker, passenger airbag, full tickford kit, FTR's etc she has a full alpine and soundstream system through out including TWIN 12"ALPINE SUBS, soundstream kicker and amp. and 6x9's on the rear parcel.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]