Fordmods Logo

Heads & Cam (Dyno Pg 12 & 27, 1/4mile Pg 18) 

Page 48 of 52 [ 773 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: '03 BA-LTD.

VIC, Australia

XH5LWEPN wrote:
steveurban wrote:
what's the road noise like with those tyre's ?
i've got some "ching whaa" cheap s**t on my 19's & sound like a 4x4 going on safari ....not fun!!!!

They ar actually really quiet too mate, good all round tyre. You will pay for it thoughcompared to your Chin Whaa's lol.

:D as they say, you get what ya pay for! :?
it was a wheel/tyre package....they are "ironman" tyre's , a guy at work asked (they must be good in the wet then?) :oops:
getting a lsd done as i speak (as iv'e a single spinner) so once thats in & the tread comes down will look at some decent tyre's :D

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

Next mod to the ute.....

Big Brakes!!!

Just bought the 330mm kit off E-bay.

This kit will give me +28mm offset on the front which will allow me to run my AU-BA offset 19x8.5's on the front with no hub adaptors.

The kit DOES use mustang rotors, which isnt going to be a major issue for me as waiting on replacements when it comes time wont matter as the ute gets used very little so a bit of down time will be okay.

The calipers are VE commodore twin pistons (not too happy about commodore parts on the ute but you get that, it could be worse and be obvious).

The kit also comes with uprights, hubs, brackets and braided lines. The uprights are exchange for my std ones (with a depsoit of $100).

So once the kit arrives i will be painting them up then fitting them ASAP ready for something very important i have coming up.

Pics to come!!!

Cheers,
Jeff

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Im going to be getting something done to the ute that i have wanted to get done since the day i got it but just havent had the cash to do so. Well now i do, and with a little extra motivation to get it done its going to be happening next week.

Basically a full respray from both doors back (rear quarters) and tailgate, all tarp hooks removed and holes welded up (deleted).
Been wanting to do this since i had it as i fitted the hard top and the tarp hooks stuck out like dogs balls. I've seen a few XH's around with them deleted and they look really smooth. Hopefully it will turn out sweet and for once i will be happy with the exterior of the ute.

By the time i get it back i should have the 330mm brake kit here ready to go on, then a new windscreen then its all ready........

Stay tuned.

Jeff

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

Looking good Jeff. Nice rims. Ute is now looking bloody fantastic. Good to see you got new rims and tyres as the last time I saw the tread on yours well.....not much there.

Jealous you can afford a respray now. I'm wanting to do the front of mine.

Top work.

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Timmeh wrote:
Looking good Jeff. Nice rims. Ute is now looking bloody fantastic. Good to see you got new rims and tyres as the last time I saw the tread on yours well.....not much there.

Jealous you can afford a respray now. I'm wanting to do the front of mine.

Top work.

Cheers Pete.

Haha, i've had a few more tyres on the back since last time you seen them, lol. I tell ya what, these rears wont be getting the same treatment as the others.

STREETBUILT RACING

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

Yeah thats the good thing about new tyres is that the car gets treated very sedately for quite a few months.

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

XH5LWEPN wrote:
Im going to be getting something done to the ute that i have wanted to get done since the day i got it but just havent had the cash to do so. Well now i do, and with a little extra motivation to get it done its going to be happening next week.

Basically a full respray from both doors back (rear quarters) and tailgate, all tarp hooks removed and holes welded up (deleted).
Been wanting to do this since i had it as i fitted the hard top and the tarp hooks stuck out like dogs balls. I've seen a few XH's around with them deleted and they look really smooth. Hopefully it will turn out sweet and for once i will be happy with the exterior of the ute.

By the time i get it back i should have the 330mm brake kit here ready to go on, then a new windscreen then its all ready........

Stay tuned.

Jeff

I get the impression that you're getting it all ready for something in particular Jeff. Could it involve a photographer and maybe a magazine or something?

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I'm thinking maybe a big power increase. Strengthened diff, new T5, big brakes, can anyone say PUMP???
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Timmeh wrote:
Yeah thats the good thing about new tyres is that the car gets treated very sedately for quite a few months.

Haha, you got it, thats how it goes. :lol:

STREETBUILT RACING

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Scaffy wrote:
I get the impression that you're getting it all ready for something in particular Jeff. Could it involve a photographer and maybe a magazine or something?

It could do Chad. Have to wait and see mate.
Plus i've hopefully got Motorvation next year too.

STREETBUILT RACING

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

that answers a question i had.
in relation to your last pic's with the new wheel/tyre combo....the "tarp hook's" take away the line's of the car!
if previous work is to go bye...should come out looking mint.
good luck.

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

The utes back from the Panel & Paint, and boy is she looking F**k sweet!!!!

The work was taken care of by Dave Cleary (XXX-LS2, Lime Green LX Torana) from GAS-78 Industries and Darren from Adaptable Smash In Landsdale.

Spent the rest of tonight bolting the wheels back on and the hard top and also fitted the new rocker covers.

Was too late too take any pics by the time i was done so will hopefully get some tomorrow if the weather clears up for abit.

Tomorrow morning im going to get a new windscreen fitted at Waynes Windscreens in Welshpool then i'll be hanging by my front door waiting for the delivery of my 330mm brake kit which has been guarenteed delivery at lunch time tomorrow.

So tomorrow will be another busy day but im happy coz the ute is looking top notch now, once the brakes are on i will for once be 99% happy with the way it looks from the outside.

Cheers,
Jeff

STREETBUILT RACING

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Brakes are on!!!!

Long story short. The original UPC kit i had bought off ebay turned up, tried to fit it, manufacturer of the kit didnt take the time while designing it, kit did not work, sent it back and got a real kit from Matt @ Race Brakes Sydney that actually fits.
This kit consists of custom stubs, PBR Sports twin piston AUII type caliper, EL GT 330mm rotor, braided lines and all seals bearings pads and bolts etc.

Had planned to do it Saturday but worked in the morning then spent 3 1/2 hours under the gun at Lord of the Skins, so i was a little tender and time was running low. So spent the best part of today doing it and im a very happy man as the Kit went together like clock work.

The factory stubs came off without a drama. New stubs went in the same.
I had the new ball joints pressed in by Colin @ Malaga Springs on Friday so they were ready to go.
Installed the hub seals to the rotors, painted the rotor centres silver. Gave them two coats of brake caliper paint as the finish in the centre was raw metal and i was advised they start to surface rust quite quickly.
Packed the new bearings, fitted them up and adjusted them.
Assembled the calipers, brackets and pads and finally fitted the new braided lines.
Bled them all up, took a few pics, chucked the wheels back on then went out for test drive.
A test drive that was cut short by a desperate need for a wheel alignment. I knew it was going to be needed but didnt realise it was going to be as bad as it was. Had an awful steering feel, pulling to one side etc and a very loud tyre noise while driving straight. Only got a few hundred metres down the road then turned around.
Looking from the front of the car it was clear that it had a major "Toe Out" issue. Something you dont want on a rear wheel drive car. It had more "Toe Out" than you'd see on a front wheel drive.
I measured across from centre of tyre to centre of tyre from the front of the front wheels against the rear of the front wheels and it was a whopping 80mm difference. The rear was 80mm narrower than the front of the tyre.
I closed it right up so the rear was 6mm wider than the front, took it out for a drive and was sweet. Finally i was about the get the feel of a brake upgrade instead of talking about it.
After a few light "bed in" stops from various speeds i could already notice the difference and it felt great. Not only stopping quicker but a much better pedal feel. I didnt give them a real work out though, i'll put a few k's on them first before they get a hiding.
Overall im extremely happy with the Race Brakes Sydney kit and the service provided by Matt @ RBS. I reccomend this kit to anyone with an e-series falcon looking for a complete hassle free bolt on kit (minus ball joints) that looks great and works well.

Anyway, enough talking heres some pics.

Comparo agaisnt standard. God those single pot calipers are disgusting.
Factory stub versus Race Brakes stub.
Passenger side assembled.
Drivers side assembled.
Passenger side rear view.
Long shot.
Close up. Still look small from this view lol.

Cheers
Jeff

STREETBUILT RACING

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

nice work!
what $ are we looking at for the upgrade?

so the kit to keep clear of was?

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

steveurban wrote:
nice work!
what $ are we looking at for the upgrade?

so the kit to keep clear of was?

The kit is $1990. Then $100 deposit on exchange uprights then plus postage etc.
The kit i had dramas with was the UPC "MrSpares" ebay kit.

STREETBUILT RACING

Sort by  
 Page 48 of 52  [ 773 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next