Fordmods Logo

JD's AUI XR666 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: JD's AUI XR666
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:36 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Hay all, I’ll start by introducing myself as I am a new member.
My name is JD, I’m 22 and live in the Adelaide Hills. I work in Marine Construction and Demolition.(Dredge Operator)
I’ve grown up rebuilding old Junkers with my dad and other family members. I’ve also been involved in several Comp Level Drift Builds and lots of sh*ts and giggles builds. (put a holden 253 in a KE70 Corolla a fue years ago, think that’s probably the most insane thing I’ve done)

Thought Id start off with a fue Pics from previous builds:

My 1976 Mini Clubman Sport, and me when I was 14, lol.

Just after the last layer of colour, time for the clearcoats.

The finished product!

My 1976 Statesman Deville, this was a quick fix up to the car itself, but a ground up biuld on the motor.
My sister sold my State-O for $200 when I went interstate for work and left it in her garage for 6 months, I wasn’t happy when I got home! The Holly alone was worth over $1k.

Drift Supra MkII, mates weekend drifter. Body was in a bad way when he got it. But it came with 3 ‘Spare’ Motors. (all with bottom end damage)

Anyway back to the topic at hand, I picked up my 99 AU xr6 for a daily driver, but she’s just getting me in trouble with the law and shes getting destroyed sitting on the coast wile I’m working, getting covered in salt, sand and Shag Sh*t. So I’m gonna get another old 4x4 for Daily, take the 6 to the Drifts on the weekend.
So here she is:

Mods by previous owners:
Very dodgy clutch peddle install (stock was an auto)
T5 5sp manual
Altezza tail light
Some idiot has done the LSD and put a stock falcon diff in it (which I have now damaged)
18” Tickford Rims (got 2 speeding tickets before I realized why I was going faster than everyone else, Stock speed sensor/settings out by %15)
Red Detailing on dash

Mods to come:
Repair or start from scratch with the clutch peddle
Rebiuld bottom end (Barings, seals and rings, maybe new rods and pistons, depending on condition)
Race spec the head (Cam, valvs and sparkies)
Raptor Supercharger
BA Brakes and braided lines
Hydraulic Handbrake
LSD
Beefed up arms and Sway bars
Cams approved roll cage
Bucket seats and Race harnesses
Heavy duty clutch
Body Kit and Re-spray Stealth Black

Just a general plan for now as i find more info and parts.
Will keep you guys up to date on the projects
Cheers JD

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

1999 AUI XR666
1976 Mini Clubman Sport
1938 Dodge Fargo Rod Project

Post subject: Re: JD's AUI XR666
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:26 am 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Quick update, Found a LSD at a wreckers this morning, gonna go have a look at it this arvo, the guy wonts $650 for it, and he will give me a 3 month warrenty. Any opinions? This seems cheep to me but then again, I just put a $6000 rear end in a 94 supra for a mate.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

1999 AUI XR666
1976 Mini Clubman Sport

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Spend the same amount on a 4wd systems Lokka, does the same thing essentially, but does not wear out, I have one in my XR8

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:10 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

67rce:
Cheers mate, I hadn’t thought about a lokka but untill i drop the diff, i wont know what kinda damage I'v done to it.
Might wizz the diff out this arvo and check her out. Making a bloodly loud clunk under heavy load.

1999 AUI XR666
1976 Mini Clubman Sport

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

No problems, if you seriously consider getting one, check out www.boostedfalcon.net Rollin on there did a great write up of what to expect and how to get around some of the harshness that it has. Hot Chilli Red AU XR's are hot!

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

67RCE
Quote:
Hot Chilli Red AU XR's are hot!

yer they are lookers, but a mate just got his AUII xr8 in chilli red and a guy round the corner from me keeps giving me bad rep with the nabours, he drive like a 'Squiral on Cocaine' and unfortunatly for me his ride is identical. Wont have to worry once i pickup my next 4x4, then she be a pure track car.

1999 AUI XR666
1976 Mini Clubman Sport

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

damn must hav been soooo p****d at your sister!!! should have charged her extra for the loss on the sale.. lol

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]