Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Learn something new each day. :D

Post subject: Re: Jugheads XR8 Pursuit
Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:00 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AUII XR8 Pursuit & EF XR6

NSW, Australia

The ones on there are proper rings with some double sided tape and wired up through the parkers. Heres a pic in the daylight of what they look like, will get one in the dark when the weather is better.

Attachment:
120620112541.jpg

The only thing this car is missing is the Tickford tag thats normally mounted next to the expansion tank, apparently the mechanic that used to work on it "borrowed" it but the owner couldnt prove s**t so its a bit of a let down :( Anyway good news, personalised plates will be on in the coming weeks!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- 1994 EF XR6, Auto, EL XR wheels. Clean and close to original ( Missus' Kiddie Chariot )
- 2001 AUII XR8 Pursuit ute, 5 speed, 18" alloys, custom tray. Goes alright!! lol

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:11 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

just call 13ford mate give them the vin and engine numbers and they can tell you exactly what specs the car was built with and I think but not sure you can buy the replacement tiky tag aswell but not sure but 12ford will give you the info on your beast

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

post your VIN up here so we can have a look on fordetis.com

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR8

NSW, Australia

I quite like the AU XR fronts. Your ute is quite nice. The LED tail-lights set it off at the back...

Stacks on.........hahahahaha.....

Cheers

Daz

BA XR8 Boss 260
DAZFAB......Now Mobile
Mink = GAY
DAZFAB MEMBERS ,,,,DA22LE, XTT909, TERRORISTGHIA, TROYMAN, SWC, FAT245

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:29 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Yeah thanks Daz, for some reason was never mega keen on the AU style but this one caught my eye because of the way its setup ie, way it sits, tray, lights, wheels, exhaust. Thats right the pipes will be staying where they are!! hahahahaha

Cheers, Justin

- 1994 EF XR6, Auto, EL XR wheels. Clean and close to original ( Missus' Kiddie Chariot )
- 2001 AUII XR8 Pursuit ute, 5 speed, 18" alloys, custom tray. Goes alright!! lol

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:05 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Update:

Not alot has happened lately with the ute, Ive just been enjoying it how it is and still as happy as the day I picked her up. As a labourer Ive had the issue of where to put my tools without damaging the interior or putting a toolbox on my nice timber tray so after a bit of research and measuring up, I bought a Kinchrome brand checkerplate undertray toolbox.

Got it all fitted up this weekend and even wired up myself a LED light just for the novelty of ever needing a light in there. lol. Very happy with how it turned out now I just got to modify another box to suit the left side where the fuel tank neck is and Im thinking that will do without "over" doing the overall look of the ute.

Enjoy

Attachment:
10072011260-1.jpg

Attachment:
10072011263-1.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR8

NSW, Australia

jughead302 wrote:
Update:

Not alot has happened lately with the ute, Ive just been enjoying it how it is and still as happy as the day I picked her up. As a labourer Ive had the issue of where to put my tools without damaging the interior or putting a toolbox on my nice timber tray so after a bit of research and measuring up, I bought a Kinchrome brand checkerplate undertray toolbox.

Got it all fitted up this weekend and even wired up myself a LED light just for the novelty of ever needing a light in there. lol. Very happy with how it turned out now I just got to modify another box to suit the left side where the fuel tank neck is and Im thinking that will do without "over" doing the overall look of the ute.

Enjoy

Attachment:
10072011260-1.jpg

Attachment:
10072011263-1.jpg

Nice job.......very handy box to have, and doesnt look out of place.......

Cheers

Daz

BA XR8 Boss 260
DAZFAB......Now Mobile
Mink = GAY
DAZFAB MEMBERS ,,,,DA22LE, XTT909, TERRORISTGHIA, TROYMAN, SWC, FAT245

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:55 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Thanks Daz it looks like it was meant to be there, funny enough I havent put nothing in it.

On another note Ive picked myself up a car for the annual Albion Park Show Demolition Derby for 2012!

Shes a EB Sedan with just over 450k on the clock, new tyres all around with ROH Alloy wheels, LPG, really tidy paint work but just needs a wash. Runs like a clock and drives even better. All up cost me a whopping $300 and the owner knows its exact purpose and wants to come watch me demolish it so now I dont feel so bad. :lol:

Attachment:
17072011266-1.jpg

Attachment:
17072011267-1.jpg

Post subject: Re: Jugheads XR8 Pursuit and Demolition Car
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF wagon

NSW, Australia

you will have to can the LPG and run it on petrol for demolition?

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ba xr6

NSW, Australia

very good pick up with the eb now to find another for my self and we will be set for the show!!!

Ba Xr6: running lpg lowed with super lows and a GME uhf!
Mods to come are: manual, leathers.

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:58 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Yes indeed I will, my girlfriend has a EF XR6 so we are going to swap the gas onto her car then hit the Government up for the rebate so its a win win really! The tank is due for a inspection, all the components under the bonnet was replaced about 18months ago ( 12 of those it hasnt moved) so Ive picked up a good deal I reckon.

Whilst out car shopping yesterday me and Barzney went for a spin to Pick a Part in Blacktown where I found them wrecking a AU/NU Fairlane. From it I scored a couple very good nick interior chrome door handles and a leather with a chrome button handbrake assembly for just $50, going to go back and get the leather console lid and a few other pieces that should "jazz" up the inside of the XR8.

Got the handles in which breaks all the black up a bit

Attachment:
17072011268-1.jpg

Attachment:
17072011269-1.jpg

Attachment:
17072011270-1.jpg

Gota pull the seat out and the rain has set up so no go for the shifter for now

Attachment:
17072011271-1.jpg

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:50 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Nice catch on the EB mate, should sell off the wheels and recover some of your outlay. Nice score on the Fairlane parts as well.

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:02 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Most of whatever is usable will end up on here or eBay, its a real shame because theres no rust anywhere that I can find and it looks really good with a wash.

Im trying to have the ute all schmicked up ready for AFD but this rain is making it impossible to get out there and fix the bits I need to, got 2 weeks so hopefully all good!

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:56 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Update:

With rego just around the corner and putting cash away for that Ive managed to spare a couple bucks and splash it on some shiny bits for the tray, oh and fitted some light visors just before AFD.

Its 1mm Mirror Finish Stainless Steel and finishes the rear very well I think, just need some filler to fill in where the light panel joins the tray and some paint but this weather down here made it difficult so thats for another weekend.

Attachment:
img_57271.jpg

Attachment:
img_402211.jpg

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next