Fordmods Logo

just SOME pics of CMYWPN build- MORE to come. 

 

Page 2 of 7 [ 97 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

 
Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 33

Posts: 6746

Joined: 13th Mar 2006

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane

Location: Bathurst
NSW, Australia

looking good took sometime for piccys to load be ohwell love the chicky on the engine cover.

 

_________________

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:33 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 3045

Joined: 26th Nov 2008

Ride: 1975 XB Falcon 500

Location: In the drivers seat
SA, Australia

Pics look heaps better now mate.

I like the stainless steel surge tank you made up

I might have to steel that idea hope ya dont mind, did you tig weld it up yourself?

And are you a painter or a fitter & turner cos it looks like your a jack of all trades

 

_________________

Image
http://www.facebook.com/Ford1975

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:37 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 686

Joined: 11th Sep 2008

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

hahaha. Im a qualified mechanic. But i like to try anything. Dont mind a bit of spray painting. I did the bay but i let my mate paint the front cos he's a painter and i wanted a pro to do it. Yeah made the tank myself. Main reason for it is to make room for two turbos. I also made the factory sensor fit into it.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:54 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 686

Joined: 11th Sep 2008

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

yeah ba police brakes and el gt rotors with el rear brake setup
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:19 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 862

Joined: 8th May 2005

Ride: BA Wagon Turbo, Ba Fairlane G220

Location: Colac
VIC, Australia

Hi mate great looking car. Just wondering how you got the brakes to fit? did you keep the standard offset or go BA. Thanks

 

_________________

Congo Green Ba Wagon With F6 6 Speed Manual Driveline.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:06 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 3045

Joined: 26th Nov 2008

Ride: 1975 XB Falcon 500

Location: In the drivers seat
SA, Australia

eboost wrote:
hahaha. Im a qualified mechanic. But i like to try anything. Dont mind a bit of spray painting. I did the bay but i let my mate paint the front cos he's a painter and i wanted a pro to do it. Yeah made the tank myself. Main reason for it is to make room for two turbos. I also made the factory sensor fit into it.


Im a fitter myself, but respectfully surprised that being a mechanic you have the skills to fabricate a stainless steel surge tank.

Did you use a TIG welder? If so did you purge the tank with argon gas to prevent burn through? because if you dont sometimes when welding a job like that you end up with a black crusty surface on the inside corners you cant get out, if you block all the holes and put a gas line in to it from another argon bottle and pressureize it you will end up with a clean weld inside and out.

 

_________________

Image
http://www.facebook.com/Ford1975

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 51

Posts: 918

Joined: 6th Aug 2007

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR8

Location: Kellyville
NSW, Australia

joshie007 wrote:
Im a fitter myself, but respectfully surprised that being a mechanic you have the skills to fabricate a stainless steel surge tank.

Did you use a TIG welder? If so did you purge the tank with argon gas to prevent burn through? because if you dont sometimes when welding a job like that you end up with a black crusty surface on the inside corners you cant get out, if you block all the holes and put a gas line in to it from another argon bottle and pressureize it you will end up with a clean weld inside and out.

You obviously dont know how to tig weld, and should refrain from commenting on such. If your welds are crusty on the inside then u obviously had the amperage up to high for the thickness of material or maybe your welds were crusty looking on the outside as well because you forgot to turn the shielding gas on..........

the only thing you did get right is the dscription on how to purge..

Nice car Eboost BTW

Cheers

Daz

 

_________________

BA XR8 Boss 260
DAZFAB......Now Mobile
Mink = GAY
DAZFAB MEMBERS ,,,,DA22LE, XTT909, TERRORISTGHIA, TROYMAN, SWC, FAT245

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:05 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 222

Joined: 21st Apr 2008

Ride: EBII

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Always loved the look of this one.
If only it had the correct amount of cylinders! :lol:

 

_________________

Brand New Distributor: $50 + other stuffs
forums/viewtopic.php?t=73696&highlight=ebii
... "And the mountains shall drop sweet wine and the hills shall melt"...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:34 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 3045

Joined: 26th Nov 2008

Ride: 1975 XB Falcon 500

Location: In the drivers seat
SA, Australia

DA22LE wrote:
joshie007 wrote:
Im a fitter myself, but respectfully surprised that being a mechanic you have the skills to fabricate a stainless steel surge tank.

Did you use a TIG welder? If so did you purge the tank with argon gas to prevent burn through? because if you dont sometimes when welding a job like that you end up with a black crusty surface on the inside corners you cant get out, if you block all the holes and put a gas line in to it from another argon bottle and pressureize it you will end up with a clean weld inside and out.

You obviously dont know how to tig weld, and should refrain from commenting on such. If your welds are crusty on the inside then u obviously had the amperage up to high for the thickness of material or maybe your welds were crusty looking on the outside as well because you forgot to turn the shielding gas on..........

the only thing you did get right is the dscription on how to purge..

Nice car Eboost BTW

Cheers

Daz


Clearly if i know how to purge i know about tig welding.

I beg to differ mate CLEARLY you have no idea what you are talking about.

When you fabricate a tank that will be pressureized by the cooling system you need a weld that does not burn trough BUT makes it appear you have welded it on both (penno) sides so there will be no leaks and hold pressure.

You get this result buy playing with the amps and pulse settings (on a test piece no less!). But without pruging the tank YOU WILL find the black crusty s**t on the inside as a result of that there is no shielding gas inside (as if you forgot to turn the gas on with a normal weld) even though the outside of the weld appears to be one of the best welds you have ever done. Despite what you think DA22LE!!

IF YOU LEARN HOW TO READ

You will realize i never said anything about outside weld being crusty.

I dont own and run my own Machinery Maintenance Company for the fun of it.

My work is souly in the Food and Wine industry and i work with stainless steel everyday.

NEXT TIME YOU DISSAGREE WITH A METHOD THAT HAS BEEN POSTED ON THIS SITE YOU MIGHT WANT TO BE A BIT LESS RUDE AND MAYBE EVEN REFRAIN FROM COMMENTING!!

DA22LE Are you even a tradesman?

eboost, I am sorry for taking over your thread as fiend would say, Back to original programing!! lol

Josh
Managing Director
Hills Engineering Services PTY. LTD.

 

_________________

Image
http://www.facebook.com/Ford1975

Last edited by XR-Lane on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:07 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 3045

Joined: 26th Nov 2008

Ride: 1975 XB Falcon 500

Location: In the drivers seat
SA, Australia

DA22LE wrote:
maybe your welds were crusty looking on the outside as well because you forgot to turn the shielding gas on..........


Lets think about this, If you know how to use a TIG you wouldent forget to turn the gas on and proceed to weld for an inch or so and then stand there scratching your head wondering why your weld looks like its been done with a stick welder, and your electrode needs resharpening.

Alot of tradesman have forgotton to turn the gas on atleast once in there carrer even the old buggers who have been doing it for years!

Clearly a tradesman would pick this up with in 2 seconds of activating the high frequency start, or arcing if you have scratch start.

Just remember there is more than one way to skin a cat

Josh

Update.

I thort this site was intended for all who join and contribute to learn how to improve thier mighty falcons, not publicly bagging people out for either not knowing or describing a techniqe that you dont agree on.

Josh

 

_________________

Image
http://www.facebook.com/Ford1975

Last edited by XR-Lane on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 686

Joined: 11th Sep 2008

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

cmon guys. why cant we all just get along? haha

To get grakes on stub axles were machined. Then the ba ones just bolt straight on.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:56 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 3045

Joined: 26th Nov 2008

Ride: 1975 XB Falcon 500

Location: In the drivers seat
SA, Australia

joshie007 wrote:
Im a fitter myself, but respectfully surprised that being a mechanic you have the skills to fabricate a stainless steel surge tank.


eboost I ment this as a compliment hope you dont take it the wrong way.

 

_________________

Image
http://www.facebook.com/Ford1975

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 509

Joined: 5th Jul 2006

Gallery: 13 images

Location: Geelong
VIC, Australia

i saw this car in person at a car show at Flemington race way, awsum car, i love the look of it, awsum car not that you already dnt know that
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 686

Joined: 11th Sep 2008

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

thanks dude^. Its ok joshie, i know what you meant.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 509

Joined: 5th Jul 2006

Gallery: 13 images

Location: Geelong
VIC, Australia

thats ok, i have always loved your car but when i saw it in person i really did love it, the car is perfect, and i like the updated badgers on the outside
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 7  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:38 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names