Fordmods Logo

kawi's EA with AU XR6 

Page 5 of 10 [ 144 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Post subject: Re: kawi's EA with AU XR6
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:37 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EA, EB GT kit, AU XR6 HP engine

QLD, Australia

Major car accident on saturday....

My mates mum's 2005 rav 4 rolled with me, my mate and my girlfriend in the car. It rolled 3 times, missed a powerpoll, hit a tree which stopped us falling down a drop of about 15 foot into a creek.

Car's a complete write off, I got out of it with a sore shoulder and some glass in my hand, everyone else is OK. The police and tow truck driver were amazed that we made it out without any injuries, or alive.

Now my mates mum doesn't want him working on my car and it's not going.... Transmission seems to be locked up and the wiring has problems somewhere and it's beyond my knowledge to get it going. I've payed my mate $750 and now he's not allowed to work on it so I am broke and have no daily.

The job will get done, but not for a long long long long long long time I'm affraid. It's dragged on way to long already :(

EA Fairmont, EB GT kit w/o wing, AU XR6 HP engine, 17's lol Buy it
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0628130825

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:05 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
Why doesnt she want your mate working on your car?

No idea mate. I suppose it's the fact he just wrote off her car... But at the same time I did pay him.... Just lucky that my mate was on the insurance policy.

The trans seems to be locked up for some reason and the ignition isn't sending power out properly. I can get lights.... But fuel pump and starter motor won't come on. The relay for the starter motor is getting power, but not sending it on to the starter. There's no breaks in the wiring because if you directly bridge the relay terminals the solenoid makes a noise (doesn't wind over though because trans is locked up somehow)....

There's probably more problems....

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:13 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EA S PACK

VIC, Australia

have you tried turning it over by and on the harmonic balancer

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:31 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

travs ea-xr6 wrote:
have you tried turning it over by and on the harmonic balancer

The engine turns over fine, but the trans is locked up. If you try and turn it over by hand nothing happens and if you go anticlockwise the balancer just starts to come undone.

Not only that, but the wiring isn't working....

ARGH

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:16 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

OK, here's the things that need to be done and I'm getting the mechanic to do it because I am sick of it lol....

Thermo fans wired up

Horn wired to button in dash

Trans dropped, torque converter intalled correctly

Rear EA lights onto EB loom

Clean up the wiring for the smartlock bypass (12 v power wire needs to run behind dash, just temporary at this stage)

Bottom radiator hose needs adapter, as engine and radiator necks are different diameters

Accelerator cable needs to be hooked up to pedal

Fuel pump wiring

Timing COULD be SLIGHTLY out

Wiring fixed and car running lol....

Wonder how much all of this will set me back? Also, does anyone know wtf the go is with the center part of the dash where the head unit sits? It's soo hard to get it to sit flush, I was bored and had a go this morning and ended up cutting my thumb and giving up, lol. Not the surround for it, btw, just the whole lot of it where the head unit actually slides into.

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:21 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Also needs the boot and fuel flap switch in the dash....

If anyone can guarantee they can do this job (completing everything on the list and having the interior and s**t back together (don't worry about center console, just the bit that holds the head unit) and want to do it, I've got $600 cash right now and I'll make it $730 buy the 6th of september.

Don't really have adequate tools or the best area to work on it, but that's all I can offer lol.

It's going to the mechanics this week hopefully.

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

You have done a great job and I hope you can finish it soon. I wish I were closer, I would be only too glad to help. Don't despair though, I am sure that someone on here will be able to help and maybe live just around the corner? :)

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Sounds like you are having a rough time. If I was near you I'd be willing to help for free.

Best of luck! :D

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:07 am 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Papa Smurf wrote:
You have done a great job and I hope you can finish it soon. I wish I were closer, I would be only too glad to help. Don't despair though, I am sure that someone on here will be able to help and maybe live just around the corner? :)

Thanks mate, I appreciate the praise. The car's going into the mechanics tomorrow and hopefully it can be on the road soon-ish. I'm selling something I've been trying to get going for a long time, my racing R/C car. Lots of cash tied up in that but since I got my P's I've had no money for R/C's or MX, so I've not even had the chance to run my truggy..... Might be taking it off ebay, have to see the mechanic tomorrow. You guys should click on my link and have a look if you're interested in that sort of thing (not to buy, just for a gander). If you are interested, PM before you bid because as I said, I've had a chat with my mother and she thinks I should speak to the mechanic before making rash decisions to sell the other toy.

SLO247 wrote:
Sounds like you are having a rough time. If I was near you I'd be willing to help for free.

Best of luck! :D

Thanks mate, I really appreciate the kind words. Can't wait until I can fill this thread with pics of it being driven and other mods that will make the car more my own. It's gunna be great!!!!

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:53 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

So the car is down at the local mechanics. They quoted *around* a grand to do everything, then I just have to put the center console in, hook the gas up and go.

I stopped in there about 15 minutes ago and one of the guys that works there was wrapping a set of pacies in the heat wrap stuff for his brother. He explained to me what it did and stuff (he's a nice guy).

Then he showed his AU XR8.... holy F**k, that thing sounds soooooooo f-ing good. It's so responsive and so obnoxiously loud, I would chop my left nut off to own it. I know what I want when I am off my P's HAHA!

Anyway, the car's getting done soon hopefully, no progress as of yet, they get pretty swamped at times.

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 94 ED falcon

QLD, Australia

Hey man,

New to your thread but still enjoying it, Lucky your good and well(as well as others involved with the crashes you been in lately.

At least you can relax a bit more now with it being at the mechanics, hope it all goes well and your driving it again soon,

Regards,

Michael.

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:51 am 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Cheers mate, once it's done we should into going into an AFD cruise. You're only a small drive away and I think there's some around within a short distance of us :D

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

I got no idea where they are and my car doesn't have that many mods.

Id rather get a respray, wait ill stop there other wise the list of thing will keep going and going. I did write it down once and stopped after the first A4 page of font size 12 writing.

I suppose 4 hours of cruising wouldn't be that bad. Just got back from a weekend down the coast with dad and really wanted to be driving my car along the freeway.

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:45 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

itlookslikeaxr6 wrote:
I got no idea where they are and my car doesn't have that many mods.

Id rather get a respray, wait ill stop there other wise the list of thing will keep going and going. I did write it down once and stopped after the first A4 page of font size 12 writing.

I suppose 4 hours of cruising wouldn't be that bad. Just got back from a weekend down the coast with dad and really wanted to be driving my car along the freeway.

How old are you man? As far as I know you can bring stock cars to the AFD as long as it's a ford.

Pump and stuff in the trans is stuffed. Took the EA trans down there today.

Can anyone tell me if the torque converter can be damaged internally? The 2 prongs that drive the pump were SLIGHTLY bent, if these were straightened, would the converter be OK?

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

kawasakirider wrote:

How old are you man? As far as I know you can bring stock cars to the AFD as long as it's a ford.

Can anyone tell me if the torque converter can be damaged internally? The 2 prongs that drive the pump were SLIGHTLY bent, if these were straightened, would the converter be OK?

19, i suppose it would be good to go have a look at all the fords in the flesh would be good. My car only looks good from about 20-30m away any closer and the paint looks worse and worse. It's more down the the fact i don't think its worth showing off.

I've got two ED Auto gearboxes with torque converter flywheel, sandwich plates all bolts everything, one is still connected to engine and the other was taken out a week ago cause putting a T5 in. You can have either for $100.

I've got a mostly complete white EA S pac if you need any bits and pieces. Has your car got an electric fuel flap :lol: ?

Regards,

Michael.

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 10  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next