Fordmods Logo

"LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears 

Page 7 of 42 [ 618 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 42  Next

Post subject: Re: XFWAGON's "LTD-XTC" Build thread
Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

Well i got the spring sorted, but my clutch cable seems to run slack for some reason....Hmmm will check that out tomorrow. On the plus side, got my centre console finished today (well by finished i mean back together, still have the custom gauge holders to go into it yet) Hopefully my dodgy as floor boot keeps the water out....too bad if it doesnt. Camera flash makes the wooden parts look quite light in colour, its not.

How good are you with your metal working Fiend? Keen to build a custom floor bracket to my needs? $$$$

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

I'm better with woodwork...! Draw me a picture and I'll see if I can make it...!

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

fiend wrote:
I'm better with woodwork...! Draw me a picture and I'll see if I can make it...!

Ok, i'll photoshop one up, and email it to you.

Got some goodies, NL fuel door and NL wing mirrors, Went to put the fuel door on today, got half way through it and realized "this aint gonna work". theres a fair bit of s**t to change, i changed the bracket but then the door wouldn't close because of the open/closed sensor, then when it did close it wouldn't lock cause the clip isn't close enough to the end......anyone have the doco on how to do this mod?

Anyway, heres a snap shot, interior is now pretty much back together. Bastard light doesn't help, makes everything look crap. Will crank out the DSLR for the final finished shots.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Man that short shifter looks damn neat in the LTD interior, gotta love the woodgrain :wink:

As for the fuel door issue, i cant remember exactly who it was on here, but they put a fuel door from an EF or EL wagon on their EA. Dont know for certain if the EA would have the same fuel door as the LTD but im guessing it is? Anyways from memory (if i remember the post correctly) the EF/EL wagons had the same hinge as the EA so the only thing that needed modding was the latch.. If i find it i'll edit this post with the link..

Cant believe i subscribed to this thread ages ago and havent even received any notificaton emails from Fordmods about it, im subscribing again :lol:

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

KWIKXR wrote:
Man that short shifter looks damn neat in the LTD interior, gotta love the woodgrain :wink:

As for the fuel door issue, i cant remember exactly who it was on here, but they put a fuel door from an EF or EL wagon on their EA. Dont know for certain if the EA would have the same fuel door as the LTD but im guessing it is? Anyways from memory (if i remember the post correctly) the EF/EL wagons had the same hinge as the EA so the only thing that needed modding was the latch.. If i find it i'll edit this post with the link..

Cant believe i subscribed to this thread ages ago and havent even received any notificaton emails from Fordmods about it, im subscribing again :lol:

Feels fantastic too, you are in 2nd gear by the time you have left first, hows that for irish lol. but it's true.

TROYMAN did the fuel door as i found out, found his old thread which had it in it. I had to swap the hinge over, and will have to bend and drill a new latch hole. looks a hell of a lot better without that tacky thumb hole in the door though, god knows why they put that in the design.

Last edited by XFWAGON on Sat May 21, 2011 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Excellent news, that it is getting very close now to being on the road.

Look forward to pics.

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:23 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB

New Zealand

I was sure I'd subscribed to this...

Thats coming together nicely man! Looks f**k awesome inside! I never ended up putting my clutch pedal spring on...meh...

Your gonna have to come on a road trip north to give me n fiend a look aye! FPV logo on bonnet is gold...

edit: Finding you a sports cluster at pik a part is no trouble if you muster the courage for the wiring. I'm not a fan of the fairlane one myself, sticking with the Fair r 6 one for sure.

1989 EA Falcon column shift - SOLD
1990 EAII, BBM, EL ECU, T5, LSD - SOLD
1993 EBII Fairmont Ghia V8 - SOLD
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Huge thanks to BenJ, TROYMAN, fiend and XR-Lane. The E-series knowledge/motivation pool.

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

BenJ wrote:
Excellent news, that it is getting very close now to being on the road.

Look forward to pics.

BenJ

Cheers Ben, i'll be taking plenty of pics, still have to put on new badges, mirros etc etc, and i somehow need to clean my wheels, the idiots here in NZ spray this stuff on the roads that stops the ice forming, and it has destroyed my rims...not happy at all. Might try one of those MOTHERS drill attachment polishers.
NZEA wrote:
I was sure I'd subscribed to this...

Thats coming together nicely man! Looks f**k awesome inside! I never ended up putting my clutch pedal spring on...meh...

Your gonna have to come on a road trip north to give me n fiend a look aye! FPV logo on bonnet is gold...

edit: Finding you a sports cluster at pik a part is no trouble if you muster the courage for the wiring. I'm not a fan of the fairlane one myself, sticking with the Fair r 6 one for sure.

Lol i have just left my spring off too, doesn't seem to need it at all. I may just have to gather some funds for fuel and make the migration up north someday to come and check out your guys cars, I can only imagine what Fiends would look like in real life lol.

Hey i'm keen on a cluster if you can get one, what price do they usually go for? I have a spare V8 LTD cluster here that i can rip the rev gauge out of to put in the 6 sports cluster. The badge didn't come up too bad, although i may get another printed as i need to sand off the old ford badge underneath, i took the plastic top off it but the metal badge underneath has raised ford letters which sort of imprint on the new FPV badge if you get me.

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:50 am 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

Lol stupid spring

Cluster is $31 so we'll grab one next time one of us is up there?

2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Huge thanks to BenJ, TROYMAN, fiend and XR-Lane. The E-series knowledge/motivation pool.

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

You guys should note that in the Boxcars and Lane equivalents, you need a V8 specific one. The tacho on the six cluster will be cactus.

You may be able to lift the V8 Tacho motor from the LTD cluster and put it in the six sports one.

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

When you work out how to clean wheels, let me know. Viewing in real life can only be warranted with clean wheels.

How about this Kids In Cars track day at Pukekohe raceway then? You know you can look up the old times from when they held the V8 SuperCars there... What do you reckon our chances are?

Hahahahahahahahahaaaa...

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:51 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

Yeah he very smartly also noted that in the post just above, you guys both win! Hopefuly that parts a straight swap...

2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

NZEA wrote:
Lol stupid spring

Cluster is $31 so we'll grab one next time one of us is up there?

Is it a Smartlock equipped one? Sounds good mate. Will get onto BenJ about modding it for the V8
BenJ wrote:
You guys should note that in the Boxcars and Lane equivalents, you need a V8 specific one. The tacho on the six cluster will be cactus.

You may be able to lift the V8 Tacho motor from the LTD cluster and put it in the six sports one.

BenJ

What do you mean by cactus? and i beleive you said once before something about cvhanging the loom plugs?? I will check out this cluster i have at home and see if i can take the rev tach motor out of it. On a side note, i also took apart my spare headlights, the projectors are perfect for angel eye goodness!! so i will add that to my "to mod" list also.

fiend wrote:
When you work out how to clean wheels, let me know. Viewing in real life can only be warranted with clean wheels.

How about this Kids In Cars track day at Pukekohe raceway then? You know you can look up the old times from when they held the V8 SuperCars there... What do you reckon our chances are?

Hahahahahahahahahaaaa...

lol, trip up there would just destroy them again, should have seen it when it first rolled off the "Jeff's" truck (i bought it from napier so had to get it freighted down) couldn't even see in the windows or what colour the car was, it was covered in so much dirt/muck.

That day at Puke sounds mean, how far away is it? Do you have to take the kids in your car lol? Wouldn't want them messing up the leather (i take it they are sick kids for charity or something?)

Big roll of glad wrap we should be sweet !

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:11 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

:lol:

I believe cactus means f**k. Like that the I6 rev counter will be useless for the eight, wicked that you've got a spare one there to pull the tacho out. Angel eye goodness! Do want!

2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:23 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

the 6cyl and 8 cyl are calibrated different. so you can phisically put a 6 cyl one in an 8 but it wont be correct..
eg; if you put a 6 tacho into an 8.. instead of your idle speed reading say 800rpm it will read 1500rpm.
and at 5000rpm it will now read about 6500rpm.

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 42  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 42  Next