Luke's garage 

Page 2 of 31 [ 455 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next

Post subject: Re: Luke's garage
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Futura

TAS, Australia

XD VAN 82 wrote:
new car looks good, got many mods planned once you fix it up?

Thanks mate, I'm going to see what Goodyear down the road think about having a non-matching spare wheel during a pit pass, if they don't care then I'll chuck on my 18's.

After it has rego I'll be getting some ultra low springs, shocks to suit and a camber kit :) then exhaust..

Did you pickup your new TX5 Ghia?

DCII LTD V8 - leather - low k's
1978 XC '1/2' 500 project 302C
BA Futura wagon
P38 Range Rover HSE

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Here's the XC, I stacked some parts that I took out of it on its roof, bonnet and boot. I was making some room to put my DC on the other side but ended up bringing it straight down to my house..

Anyways, I've made another start at last :roll:

ImageImage

BA Futura wagon
P38 Range Rover HSE

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

That DC looks pretty bloody good, nice pickup. Look after it though, there aren't that many around anymore.

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF gli, EF Fairmont, ZH Fairlane

TAS, Australia

lukey1990 wrote:
XD VAN 82 wrote:
new car looks good, got many mods planned once you fix it up?

Thanks mate, I'm going to see what Goodyear down the road think about having a non-matching spare wheel during a pit pass, if they don't care then I'll chuck on my 18's.

After it has rego I'll be getting some ultra low springs, shocks to suit and a camber kit :) then exhaust..

Did you pickup your new TX5 Ghia?

will look good on ultra lows :P yea picked the TX5 up on saturday there some pics in my build thread

Daily: 1994 EF Falcon GLI, few mods with many more planned.

Soon to be daily: 1995 EF Fairmont, mostly stock.

Restoration: 1997 ZH Fairlane 500, 351 auto.

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

SLO247 wrote:
That DC looks pretty bloody good, nice pickup. Look after it though, there aren't that many around anymore.

Yeah I plan to mate, I'll be fixing the rust ASAP. I regret the condition of my DA, it had many car park dents from careless shoppers.. You can't drive cars in awesome condition as a daily..

I've been looking for a DCII V8 with leather and colour coded door handles and side moulds for quite some time...

XD VAN 82 wrote:
will look good on ultra lows :P yea picked the TX5 up on saturday there some pics in my build thread

I'll check it out :P

BA Futura wagon
P38 Range Rover HSE

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford EF - Garret TO4Z

TAS, Australia

heres a few pics of your cars from my n95

XC

LTD

lowerd rear was awsome

Crank Assembly balanced, HV oil pump, ACL Trimetal bearings, "1 extra oil clearance taking to around 0.0650-0.0700 on mains and big ends, Moly rings,, Xr6 Cam, POD ( Possibly oversize injectors), Block, Head, Timing cover, belt idler, Alternator,painted in ford light blue

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Thank you :P

I'll upload some photo's of the FD LTD power seats and center console I just got for the XF a bit later.

I've removed the passenger seat, stereo, amp, speakers, and all the carpet from the rear of the ute.

I encountered some problems:

It wouldn't start because the fuel pump wasn't working, the pump was wired into the power line for the amp, somewhere..

And now the dash and trip computer aren't working, it seems that the dodgy wiring is causing more problems.. I think it's time to start correcting all of that.

I really want to get some blue carpet to match the rest of the interior I got from a ZL Fairlane I wrecked (I couldn't be bothered with the carpet 'cos all the bolts for the front seats were badly bent on the ZL..)

But a mate has a ZL with the blue interior that I can have the carpet out of, but I'll need to remove the seats..

I'm going to see if I can get some blue or black carpet from an XF/XG ute for the rear and also some blue floor carpet before I install the LTD seats.

I've also made inquiries about a complete cream leather interior with woodgrain dash from a P6 LTD, I also want to see if he'll sell the V8 brake booster, etc so I can install it all in my XC.

I'll upload photo's of the P6 and XF later on.

BA Futura wagon
P38 Range Rover HSE

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford EF - Garret TO4Z

TAS, Australia

cool :LD

Crank Assembly balanced, HV oil pump, ACL Trimetal bearings, "1 extra oil clearance taking to around 0.0650-0.0700 on mains and big ends, Moly rings,, Xr6 Cam, POD ( Possibly oversize injectors), Block, Head, Timing cover, belt idler, Alternator,painted in ford light blue

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Sorted the instrument cluster and trip computer problem, sort of..

When I removed and re-inserted the fuse they would power on for a second or two, then go off again..

As I was driving back home they both suddenly came back on and started beep, etc and resumed normal operations :) (I'll sort if out properly when I re-build the interior)

This evening I removed everything from the interior except the floor carpet, door jam trims, drivers seat and the main section of the dash.

I also went through and sorted out the parts from the ZL I'll need, and I'll be going around to a mates place to see if I can sort out rear and floor carpets for the ute.

I'll start re-doing all the wiring tomorrow and remove the rest of the interior stuff before installing all the new blue/gray interior from the ZL and the FD LTD parts.

I'll definitely post up pictures later.. Or tomorrow..

BA Futura wagon
P38 Range Rover HSE

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Well I've removed most of the interior and put the first section of the blue dash in, I also found out that the tray has been shortened.

The cab space has been greatly increased, the tray wall is inline with the rear window instead of ending under the quarter windows / up to the door..

And the ute also had a minor engine bay fire which also burnt the carpet and melted half of my phone!

The only thing that prevented it from going (after I removed the wire which has completely burnt off all the insulation) was the fuel pump's power was also burnt out, i just had to run a wire along the outside of the body temporarily to manually power the pump to drive it back home.

I saw a few sparks from the console area and the the cabin started filling up with heaps of smoke, by the time I pulled over I couldn't see the bonnet.. There was heaps of smoke pouring out of the cab and the engine bay, when we opened it there was a cable from the battery to the firewall on fire and red hot..

The only real damage surprisingly was the cable, my phone (which still works..), singed carpet and the bonnet release cable's plastic insulation has melted.

Pretty lucky really, also lucky I didn't chuck in my new FD seats and console!

BA Futura wagon
P38 Range Rover HSE

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

s**t thats no good ive had an engine bay fire my self in the ef thats now in the shed power steering hose split and pumped fluid all over the extractors set the hood liner and all on fire doesnt help when your mate doesnt own a hose :oops: bottle of water and dirt did the trick :D it will fix up alright tho.....done anymore rust repairs?

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Yeah it does suck.

Nah I haven't, I've been meaning to but I've been too busy with school and work. And there's been heaps on damp weather lately..

And I'm also concentrating on doing the interior conversion, I just finished installing the new blue dash tonight. I'm going to leave the coffee coloured carpet in for now, I don't have time to get blue carpet out of a car right now..

Plus the carpet in the rear is coffee coloured which I'm going to have dyed blue or black at a later time 'cos it'll be easier than shaping a piece of carpet to match the increased cabin wall bit.

I'm going to chuck in the rest of the dash trim tomorrow and test fit the FD velour condole.

I also 'fixed' the bonnet release cable today that had melted, I just cut it and removed the end peice of insulation and cut it to a length so it just hangs down from under the front bar. So I can still pop it to install the new cable when I grab one. Beats having the bonnet strapped closed with a ratchet strap!

And I also thought there was a problem with the fuel pump wiring because when i switched the ignition to 'on' it didn't prime. So I ran a temporary wire directly from the battery to the pump housing.

When i had a proper look at it at home I realised it was still switched to LPG mode, which is why it wasn't activating the fuel pump :roll:

But that was kind of a good thing because I discovered it starts on gas, the bloke i bought it off said it doesn't so I never tried it.. The old XF must be self-tuning :lol:

I swear I'll finally upload photo's of the stuff I've been doing later..

Oh, and I'm still waiting for the V8 PS pump to arrive so I can chuck it on and see if the current pump is causing the fault, otherwise it'll probably be the rack..

BA Futura wagon
P38 Range Rover HSE

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

I just placed a bid on an Ebay item, the old style X-series chrome auto shifters. It's the last thing I need to the XF ute.

I've been searching for one for some time that's not broken and suits Borg Warner boxes.

There's about a half dozen shifters in this listing, so there's a few spares too!

They'll go well with the FE/FD interior, especially with the XD/XE style console I picked up.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0561339629

BA Futura wagon
P38 Range Rover HSE

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

sounds good mate be good to see a pic of the new dash in to.

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

XD VAN 82 wrote:
sounds good mate be good to see a pic of the new dash in to.

Yeah I've been meaning to upload photos for days haha..

BA Futura wagon
P38 Range Rover HSE

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 31  [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next