Fordmods Logo

Milzy's 2003 BA XT/SR Falcon 

Page 3 of 5 [ 67 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: Milzy's 2003 BA XT Falcon
Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:39 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: BA Falcon 4.0

QLD, Australia

yeah the ba seats are a bit dodgy I think. My drivers seat was f**k as well. The metal ribs under the cushion had broken and then tore up into the foam, making the seat sink to one side. then the plastic housing around the seat cracked. I just hope these XR ones dont do the same.

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Ford Falcon BA XT

VIC, Australia

I'm actually sure they do the same thing, it just takes longer. depending on the wear and tear of the seats already I guess.

But, I want Xr6 seats, they don't hurt my f**k up legs like the BA ones... the \\___// was stupid.

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:27 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BA falcon

NSW, Australia

mate u said u got the typhoon airbox, what difference is there between that and the standard xt box as im wanting to upgrade my air intake, what differeance has it made ?

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:49 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

To JordanCo

Hey mate. Yes I bought the square typhoon airbox with the 2nd snorkel on the bottom. There is a round/circular one that takes a pod filter

The difference is nothing really. It just has a hole in the bottom of it, which you can cut yourself if you want to do it cheaper. Unless you are thinking of the round circular one. then its totally different, but I cant comment on what that one is like.

this is the round/circluar one (I reckon this one would be better)

this is the box one I have

Basically its the same airbox as the Xt except is has a rubber snokel that comes out the bottom and sucks air in from behind the headlight. I also got a XR6 turbo upper snokel. These have a wider mouth and the concept is that they are better and can suck in more air. I also put in a K&N panel filter.

difference between the XR6 turbo snorkel and a stock one

I cant say how much power it has given me as I havnt put it on a dyno before and after. My opinion is that it gives a slight increse in power and throttle response. The main thing I noticed is when you put you foot down it sounds better and tuffer.

If your looking for a huge power gain then you might be dissapointed. If you want it to sound better and breathe easier then I would say go for it. I know I wouldnt pay heaps of cash for a SS inductions cai or a growler.

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:50 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Its been ages since I posted my updates on here. I totally forgot I had this thread. I will post everything up now lol. It might seem Ive done heaps buts its been over quite a few months

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:55 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Last edited by Milzy on Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:56 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Last edited by Milzy on Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:58 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

I have done a few things that I must have forgotten to post up. I had the extractors put on and replaced the cat with a 200c high flow cat like this one.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-x-2-25-...em 4cf8c9a207

I could notice the power increase straight away. And the high flow cat sounded awesome for the first week or two. To be honest I thought it would be louder and have a better idol note. It sounds great when you plant it, but its pretty quiet for normal driving. Now I'm thinking of having the back muffler taken off and put a hotdog on the back.

I bought all led bulbs for the tail lights. Ive had no problems with police in regards to the clear lenses. Ive seen a marked cop car, a toyota aurian and it has clear chrome tail lights with leds. So I dont think they even know or care if they are legal in QLD.

I got a ghia style chrome front grill and put that on. Looks pretty good. Then I was bored and put some mesh in the front bumper to match the grill. Now I need the turning lamps.

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:00 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

pic of the engine bay with pacies on

led bulbs for the tail lights

chrome grill when I first put it on (camera was ******)

Pic with mesh. At work and its raining so not the best pic.

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:03 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Finally I had enough of the roof lining falling down so I booked it in to get retrimmed. I was going to just get the light creme coulour like stock. But the guy talked me into getting black. He said it will look cool so I took his word for it lol.

before........

And after............

So much better now i can actuallly see again.

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:04 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

I needed some new tyres for the front. So I decided to get a wheel and tyre package. These should arrive soon.

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:06 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Well I got bored at work again, so I decided to paint the caliper's red. I bought from super cheap:

1 x Can of red caliper paint
1 x roll of masking tape
1 x courier mail
1 x work light

I had 9.5 hours to do them at work. So I thought id break it up over 2 nights at work to give me something to do. But I got impatient and did them all in the one night lol. Masking with the newspaper was the most time consuming part. Painting was easy I used to do alot of grafitti so it was a breeze for me. The can was good low pressure and the paint was thick. So there was not much overspary or mist in the air, which was good.

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:07 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

I got some junk mail and bridgestone had a new store opening special, wheel alignment for $49. So I took the car down and got the new wheels put on balanced and a wheel alignmnet. They aligned all 4 wheels which I thought was wierd but it drives nice and stright now and the new wheels look pretty good.

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:09 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Been a while since I did anything to the car. I put it in for a service and got a brake and power steering flush. Cost $500 was a bit of a sting from Ford.

I bought a leather gear shifter off ebay for $35. Pretty stoked it has FPV on it as well, not sure if it is genuine.
Also bought this chrome gear selector surround plate. Once again I got bored at work so I put them on last night. Lots of crap under the mouldings around the gearbox. I gave it a good clean and vac. Now its looks nice and bling. Heres a few pics

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:14 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

A few new updates on the car.

I will never go to ford again for servicing or repairs they are shocking. I had a $500 so called log book service from ford and about 2 weeks later I had it booked in with my (very good) mechanic to get a few extra mods done.
I was so lucky I dodged a bullet. I got the car back from ford and they said I need a new air filter, which is crap becuase its a 4 month old K&N panel filter. And the car was given the all clear.
Had my mechanic booked into do some work 2 weeks later

* Install new duel core alloy radiator
* install new trans cooler
* trans service
* New overflow tank
* install new rotors and pads.

Ford did not check my car at all. I had trans oil inside my overflow tank. By some stroke of luck my gearbox is still ok. My mechanic said its so lucky, you never ran the car hard enough or got it hot enough. The oil leaked into your cooling system but when we took the pan off the gearbox it was fine. He said hes never seen that happen before, he was expecting to call saying your up for a new gear box. So that has put me right off ford, in terms of servicing and genreally giving a ****.

So I had all the work done on the car. Also had to get a flush on the cooling system to get rid of the oil from the trans. In future my car will always go to my trusted mechanic. Ford - never again.

heres a few pics. I also put some braided lines on the overflow tank and some red/blue fittings.

Trans Cooler

Alloy Radiator

New overflow tank and braided lines/fittings

Front DBA street slotted rotors with bendix ultimate pads

Rear DBA street slotted rotors with bendix ultimate pads

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 5  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next