Fordmods Logo

Milzy's 2003 BA XT/SR Falcon 

Page 4 of 5 [ 67 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: Milzy's 2003 BA XT Falcon
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:18 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: BA Falcon 4.0

QLD, Australia

I randomly went to Supercheap Auto yesterday. I have been wating for them to have a sale or bring out the new catalogue. They have these 52mm black faced saas gauges I want, but I never pay full price so I been patiently waiting. Anyway I went in there and they had 20% everything store wide. Awesome.
I bought the twin GT style gauge pod and a volts and oil pressure gauge. I saved myself about $50 I think. All up its was $190. Which I thought was not too bad.
Last night at work I pulled the dash apart and unbolted the ICC. I put all the wiring behind the Icc comming out at the bottom of the tissue box. Ready to be wired up.
I bought saas gauges because they can change coulours and they will match my black dash cluster and green lighting really well. Anyone who has an xr6 may like them too. They can light up blue.

heres a few pics

colours

Installed into dash

Last edited by Milzy on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:35 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

After stalking Ebay for probably 6 months. I think I pulled off an amazing score. I have been wanting to get a Flash Box for my car so I can get a custom tune down the track when all the mods are done.
So much confusion with these XCAl boxes. Xcal 1's I assume they are junk and cant be used, unlocked, or tuned. Xcal 2's I couldnt find much info on but assume they will be fased out like the xcal 1's. Xcal 3's are $800 WTF.

Heaps of dodgy people on ebay selling locked boxes knowing full well they cant be unlocked. So be careful buying 2nd hand.

I was so lucky yet again. It was listed as locked/married. But has never been used. After winning it for $305 I asked the guy to plug it in and tell me what is says. And its unmarried with 5 unlocks left. So I basically got a brand new XCAL 3 for $320 and it doenst need to be unlocked or anything. WINNING

heres what the acution said

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/320936760... 4.m1497.l2649

Heres a pic he sent me of it plugged into his car. He was a bit annoyed becasue Cappa told him it was married/locked.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 2013 Ford Focus ST

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

WOW mate love the updates! VERY LUCKY on the gear box and SCT device!

I hate arriving at my destination as then I have to get out of my car!

New Build Thread
the-garage-f53/the-beast-v2-0-phil-s-2013-ford-focus-st-t122703.html

Old Build Thread
the-garage-f53/phil-s-bf-sr-gt-build-thread-lots-of-pics-t98705.html

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:43 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Yeah It was bloody lucky. Cant belive ford hey. Apparently they do a full inspection of the car before giving it the all clear ( yeah right)
I will only go to my local mechanic now. Its good because I know him fairly well, I can get an account and pay work off if I need to. And he does heaps of work on Taxis. Most of them up here are BA falcons, so he knows heaps about them.

The xcal3 sct box was a bargin. I seen a locked xcal 2 box go for $300 on ebay the other day. I was like WTF. Its locked and the guy sold the car. Someone bought a $300 paper weight. There must be so many people getting ripped off. When I spoke to Cappa they said they get calls daily about flash boxes on ebay lol

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

Mate, what a score! You're so lucky ford didn't damage your gearbox. Of course, if it had of f!cked up, they would of denied it being their fault, and make you pay for all the sh!t repairs they make. It was the same when my BCM f!cked up and kept cutting in and out, I took it in to Ford, and for $400 they "fixed" the problem. All they did was pull my dash apart (which apparently took them 3 days?) and then put it back together and told me it was okay. I picked it up and the speedo still wasn't even working. I was like "WTF dude? It's not even working now, and you're trying to give it back to me?" Good thing I was wearing my uniform that afternoon, and demanded to speak to the dodgy C*** supervisor, and got my money back. F!cking rip offs. Ended up going to an auto leccy and getting it fixed for $200.

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:15 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

TheKrazeD wrote:
Mate, what a score! You're so lucky ford didn't damage your gearbox. Of course, if it had of f!cked up, they would of denied it being their fault, and make you pay for all the sh!t repairs they make. It was the same when my BCM f!cked up and kept cutting in and out, I took it in to Ford, and for $400 they "fixed" the problem. All they did was pull my dash apart (which apparently took them 3 days?) and then put it back together and told me it was okay. I picked it up and the speedo still wasn't even working. I was like "WTF dude? It's not even working now, and you're trying to give it back to me?" Good thing I was wearing my uniform that afternoon, and demanded to speak to the dodgy C*** supervisor, and got my money back. F!cking rip offs. Ended up going to an auto leccy and getting it fixed for $200.

Yeah I know. f**k ford service centre lol. My mechanic was like wot the hell. How long ago did u have it serviced by ford? I said about 2 weeks ago. It has the check list on the invoice saying cooling system check - all ok etc. My mechanic said there is no way they even looked at it. they have just changed the oil and filter.
The only reason I took it to ford was to try and get them to replace the brake lines as they were recalled. Ford said they already checked them and they are fine? I doubt it. My mechanic said the rear left one cracks or something. I will prob replace them with braided lines down the track.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

This issue was like 18 months ago lol

Oi, do you know any good shops on the sunny coast that do a good paint job for a fair price? Got quoted $8,000 just to have my bodykit fitted and painted... like wtf people

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:04 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

TheKrazeD wrote:
This issue was like 18 months ago lol

Oi, do you know any good shops on the sunny coast that do a good paint job for a fair price? Got quoted $8,000 just to have my bodykit fitted and painted... like wtf people

Na sorry I dont know anyone. I could ask my mechanic. If I had the tools and the space I reckon I could do a decent paint job on panels and doors etc. I used to do heaps of graffitti murals. Cant see it being that much different to an aerosol can. I want to get a new bootlid and a xr8 bonnet one day. Would be so much cheaper if I could paint respray it myself.

$8000 stuff that. You could get another car lol

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:19 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

^ I just had a look at your build thread. Hows the manual conversion going? I had thoughts of doing a turbo conversion and putting a manual trans in as well. But I looked into it and I think it would cost too much. Pity you cant just bolt a turbo onto the NA. I might get my diff converted into a lsd thats prob it.

I have a mate at work who is right into cars. He reckons hes spent 70k on his skyline. Ill ask him if he knows any decent cheap paint shops. would prob be in brisbane though.

Post subject: Re: Milzy's 2003 BA XT/SR Falcon
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:18 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Well today I went to the muffler shop. I had the back muffler chopped off and replaced it with a straight through pipe with a hot dog.

I diddnt get a pic of it up on the lift. I will post one up tomorrow from underneath. So far Im pretty happy with the sound. Its definately alot louder and sounds way better on idol. It does done a bit at about 2000 rpm under load, but then stops at 2200 - 2500 rpm. Went for a fairly long dive around the streets and on the motorway. It wasn't droning doing 100km. Hopefully as it carbons up it will sound even better.

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:53 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Well my Xcal3 arrived yesterday. I was so happy (short lived) I plugged it in and loaded the cd rom. This is when things went bad. It updated itself and somehow got corrupted. It totally messed up the flash tuner and it no longer was working.

I email herrod. They said I would have to send it in and they could look at it. I couldnt get a definate price off them. Herrod said maybe they can fix it, but it might have to go to the US and they can fix it. I was f**k spewing. I had this thing for 10mins and it was stuffed.

I ended up getting onto sct just now on their website. And it was awesome they remote linked into my computer and I was chatting to a guy on a chat window. He erased it and loaded all the software and reflashed it. It works again Yes!!!

But this also has made me think. If they can do all that remotely. As if they cant unlock these flash boxes. Someone is making serious money in Australia with this technicality. In the US you can send them in locked and for $65 they will unlock so its like new. Here in Austalia you have to buy a new one for $800 double the price of a USA one.

If someone was smart enough to get the Australian firmware or software. I reckon you could buy a USA one off ebay and update the firmware to the AUS version yourself. and it would cost half the price for what they sell them in Australia.

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 2013 Ford Focus ST

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Oh wow!! SCT are good! LOL you check he didnt do anything else while he was in there hahaha. Seriously thats soo cool they can just remote and erase it all! Look forward to seeing more updates :-)

I hate arriving at my destination as then I have to get out of my car!

New Build Thread
the-garage-f53/the-beast-v2-0-phil-s-2013-ford-focus-st-t122703.html

Old Build Thread
the-garage-f53/phil-s-bf-sr-gt-build-thread-lots-of-pics-t98705.html

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:28 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Yeah at first I was so p****d off with SCT. I was like this thing is practically brand new I havnt even used it and it updated itself and screwed itself up AGGGGHHHHH

Then Herrod wernt much help. I searched the web and a few people in the US had the same problem. SCT has all the US software for the XCAL3 you can download. But not for the Ausssie XCAL3. Someone in a mustang forum said he had the same problem and SCT remote linked into his computer and fixed it. I thought screw paying herrod to fix it and waiting for weeks, I'lll ask SCT directly.

It was wierd to see someone live take over your computer. At times we were fighting for the mouse lol. He was trying to do his thing and im chatting to him on the chat window. But it was pretty cool. I dont know I hope he diddnt dig around in my hard drive haha

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:54 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

The next mod I have decided to do is this

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...?t=89767&pp=25

I found 3 of the parts on ebay

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280798028... 4.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/300740422... 4.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290741560... 4.m1497.l2649

total of $62. Now I just need to get a 300mm long straight piece of silicone hose. I waiting to hear back from some Uk supplier if they can custom cut a piece to that lenght. I'll post up the link if they get back to me. Should get it all for under $100.

Should look rice when its all done :lol:

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:56 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

I have these pedals on the way as well.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290730152... 4.m1497.l2649

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 5  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next