Fordmods Logo

My EF Fairmont GHIA 1995 

 

Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: My EF Fairmont GHIA 1995
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2477

Joined: 10th Mar 2007

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

Location: Auckland
New Zealand

Mate if your after something a bit different for your rocker cover, try Duplicolor's range of metalcast anodize paint. Its good s**t man. Did my rocker cover in anodize red and looks like a candy colour. Will cost you around $30 for the paint. You need 2 cans, one is a metalcast ground coat which has metal specs in it and provides the base for the anodize so basically this is the primer. The other is the anodize colour of your choice, theres red, blue, green, purple, gold, maybe a few others too. the anodize spray is like a dye, it just changes the colour of the groundcoat and you can see the metal specs shining through underneath if in direct sunlight. Looks mint if sprayed properly :wink:

As troyman stated earlier, its all in the prep, making sure you strip/sand back the surface to bare metal, clean it real well with wax and grease remover, then spray and walk away :lol:

 

_________________

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My EF Fairmont GHIA 1995
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:30 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 24

Posts: 294

Joined: 27th Sep 2009

Ride: 1995 EF Ford Fairmont

Location: Bundaberg, QLD
QLD, Australia

KWIKXR wrote:
Mate if your after something a bit different for your rocker cover, try Duplicolor's range of metalcast anodize paint. Its good s**t man. Did my rocker cover in anodize red and looks like a candy colour. Will cost you around $30 for the paint. You need 2 cans, one is a metalcast ground coat which has metal specs in it and provides the base for the anodize so basically this is the primer. The other is the anodize colour of your choice, theres red, blue, green, purple, gold, maybe a few others too. the anodize spray is like a dye, it just changes the colour of the groundcoat and you can see the metal specs shining through underneath if in direct sunlight. Looks mint if sprayed properly :wink:

As troyman stated earlier, its all in the prep, making sure you strip/sand back the surface to bare metal, clean it real well with wax and grease remover, then spray and walk away :lol:


sick as ill give that a look becacuse after looking at yours it gave me ideas i might give gold a look at seen as though my rims are gold it might look alright TBH opinions?
yeh this time round im really gonna strip it back and all that stuff i wanna use my EB rocker cover because it has the 4.0i stuff on the top but then ill have to drill holes in it for the ignition leads and will then have to fill the old holes which im not really interested in doing so ill probs just stick to the EF one.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My EF Fairmont GHIA 1995
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2477

Joined: 10th Mar 2007

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

Location: Auckland
New Zealand

I reckon gold would look good, like you said would go well with the gold centres on the rims. You could always try using an AU rocker cover, they go straight on, although they do have a few holes you might want to fill if your fussy and want to run the leads over the back half of the rocker cover like factory with the EF models - its all personal preference really

 

_________________

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My EF Fairmont GHIA 1995
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:15 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 24

Posts: 294

Joined: 27th Sep 2009

Ride: 1995 EF Ford Fairmont

Location: Bundaberg, QLD
QLD, Australia

KWIKXR wrote:
I reckon gold would look good, like you said would go well with the gold centres on the rims. You could always try using an AU rocker cover, they go straight on, although they do have a few holes you might want to fill if your fussy and want to run the leads over the back half of the rocker cover like factory with the EF models - its all personal preference really

yeh if it would look anything like urs in gold then id love to do it in gold :P
where did you get your paint from? ive been into auto barn and repco but they only had VHT stuff
so i think i might have a look at a proper paint place though.
not too worried about how the ignition leads run although i do feel that it looks better with them running towards the front but ohh well.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My EF Fairmont GHIA 1995
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2477

Joined: 10th Mar 2007

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

Location: Auckland
New Zealand

Haha thanks man, as long as you get the prep work sorted and spray it correctly according to the instructions you cant go wrong - and even if you do its only a matter of sanding it back a bit and re-doing it.

You should be able to get the Duplicolor paint at most auto stores mate. Over here in NZ, Repco stocks it and so does Supercheap so they should have it there. Im suprised that Autobahn doesnt have it, from what my unlce in Brisbane tells me, autobahn has everything :lol:

 

_________________

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My EF Fairmont GHIA 1995
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 638

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Ride: 1994 Ford EF Fairmont Ghia Sedan

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

lol i think he means Autobarn

Autobahn is in Germany and is called a freeway :mrgreen:

 

_________________

1994 ford fairmont ghia - Currently 302 with T5 - Work in progress :P

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My EF Fairmont GHIA 1995
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2477

Joined: 10th Mar 2007

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

Location: Auckland
New Zealand

comhelp wrote:
lol i think he means Autobarn

Autobahn is in Germany and is called a freeway :mrgreen:

My bad, got that mixed with Audiobahn a mate of mine just got a couple audiobahn subs so i must of still had that stuck in my head somehow :lol:

 

_________________

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My EF Fairmont GHIA 1995
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:20 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 24

Posts: 294

Joined: 27th Sep 2009

Ride: 1995 EF Ford Fairmont

Location: Bundaberg, QLD
QLD, Australia

KWIKXR wrote:
Haha thanks man, as long as you get the prep work sorted and spray it correctly according to the instructions you cant go wrong - and even if you do its only a matter of sanding it back a bit and re-doing it.

You should be able to get the Duplicolor paint at most auto stores mate. Over here in NZ, Repco stocks it and so does Supercheap so they should have it there. Im suprised that Autobahn doesnt have it, from what my unlce in Brisbane tells me, autobahn has everything :lol:

hahah we only have a small autobarne here :P i think there upgrading store size soon so hopefully some new stuff comes :P
ill have a look at super cheap this week sometime and ill see if i can find it but if i cant find it then ill go to a paint speacialist or see if autobarne or supercheap can order it in for me :D hopefully a mate at autobarne can gimme some discount haha
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My EF Fairmont GHIA 1995
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:30 am 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 24

Posts: 294

Joined: 27th Sep 2009

Ride: 1995 EF Ford Fairmont

Location: Bundaberg, QLD
QLD, Australia

quick update HKS sticker is now gone just need something to replace it :P
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My EF Fairmont GHIA 1995
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:08 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 24

Posts: 294

Joined: 27th Sep 2009

Ride: 1995 EF Ford Fairmont

Location: Bundaberg, QLD
QLD, Australia

Another update just got the paint for my rocker cover set me back 40 bucks for a can of base coat and then the paint
so I'll be painting it this weekend :)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My EF Fairmont GHIA 1995
Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:26 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 5582

Joined: 20th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

Location: Seven Hills, Sydney
NSW, Australia

Good news re sticker removal.

Looking forward to seeing how your painting goes.

Cheers
BenJ

 

_________________

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My EF Fairmont GHIA 1995
Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:00 am 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 24

Posts: 294

Joined: 27th Sep 2009

Ride: 1995 EF Ford Fairmont

Location: Bundaberg, QLD
QLD, Australia

BenJ wrote:
Good news re sticker removal.

Looking forward to seeing how your painting goes.

Cheers
BenJ

Yeh same :P
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My EF Fairmont GHIA 1995
Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:14 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 24

Posts: 294

Joined: 27th Sep 2009

Ride: 1995 EF Ford Fairmont

Location: Bundaberg, QLD
QLD, Australia

just stripped it back looks pretty decent atm although there are still come little bits that will just come off with a quick sand :D
im planning on painting it this weekend.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My EF Fairmont GHIA 1995
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:59 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 24

Posts: 294

Joined: 27th Sep 2009

Ride: 1995 EF Ford Fairmont

Location: Bundaberg, QLD
QLD, Australia

Ok so rocker cover is painted didnt turn out as well as i hoped because i ended with over lapp paint lines dont ask me how but because the paint is sooo think i couldnt get rid of them completely but did as best as i could.
i also repainted my throttle body with the base coat im thinking about doing a sort of faded effect on the throttle body (going from thick paint to very light)
i also have to finish polishing my BBM got slack for awhile and gave up kinda
but finished my thermostat and some brackets and things
all turned out really well will get soem piccys of everything soon
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My EF Fairmont GHIA 1995
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:33 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 24

Posts: 294

Joined: 27th Sep 2009

Ride: 1995 EF Ford Fairmont

Location: Bundaberg, QLD
QLD, Australia

UPDATE:
Just went to see the head bloke today bad news :(
the head for the ED engine has about 4 seperate cracks in it Who knew a head could crack after sitting in the shed for like 4 years?
ahh well now i need to find a replacement head
i also got the gasket set,head bolts and water pump today so thats a little bit of good news

If any one has a good head that will fit on an ED or EF engine gimme a buzz.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:02 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names