Fordmods Logo

My EF Fairmont GHIA 1995 

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: My EF Fairmont GHIA 1995
Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:14 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 1995 EF Ford Fairmont

QLD, Australia

just got the new head and a new engine mount today to replace the collapsed one.
$385 for the head and mount including postage from victoria, too my door didnt seem to bad i thought
considering the head is in dam near perfect condition i was pretty pleased with my self.

so i cleaned up the head and got it ready to go on, then put the new heater pipe and water pump on, but need to take a visit to the wreckers because it appears i have lost my water pump bolts :( but i have found 3 that i think are the right ones but cant find the long one, anyone able to help me with this? also need to get a new pulley. (accidentally threw the old water pump out.)

i have now decided not to bother with the engine swap as its alot of time to spend with no added advantage so im going to keep my eye out for an XR6 engine in my region hopefully something pops up.

not much has happened in the interior, except i have recently done the blue led swap, which was alot easier than i thought it was going to be.

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

dude i want those wheels.... are they e-series offset or using spacers?

would consider a swap for mine plus cash my way :)

ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-pre-au-18-inch-apec-apache-six-rims-t86042.html

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Good to hear you got that replacement head sorted. I agree with ya on the engine swap, i think the "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" rule applies here. Unless the old one is tired and on the way out or something, stick with what you've got.

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:09 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
dude i want those wheels.... are they e-series offset or using spacers?

would consider a swap for mine plus cash my way :)

ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-pre-au-18-inch-apec-apache-six-rims-t86042.html

haha naa sorry man,
i just cant part with them rims lol and there pretty beat up too but i still like em.
and naa there aint no spacers, so yeh pre au offset.

KWIKXR wrote:
Good to hear you got that replacement head sorted. I agree with ya on the engine swap, i think the "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" rule applies here. Unless the old one is tired and on the way out or something, stick with what you've got.

yeh its taken me along time to sort something out aye.
yeh i had the same thought, the engines on bout 300 thou k's but was still running sweet.
only reason it was taken off the road was cause it had a busted water pump but my dad decided he wanted to do other things too it, which is kinda how i ended up with it.

im just going to clean up the engine bay and s**t get it all tidy and then if a nice engine pops up i might throw it in but who knows, alot of work aswell especially in the summer heat.

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Black EB 5 Speed EL Front End

QLD, Australia

so whats been happening with your Monty lately

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:12 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

jerrytorry wrote:
so whats been happening with your Monty lately

funny u asked me that i was thinking about updating this :P

Ok so the car is running now :D :D was very happy when i got it running, only a couple minor issues getting it running nothign to major had a small oil leak and a water leak but that was easily fixxed, forgot to put one of the power steering pump bolts on so the power steering pump moved and the belt jumped, that was quick to fix aswell.
the car is ALOT louder than i remember was really happy, just gotta get soem extractors, a new cam (1636 regrind im thinking) and a electronic shift kit and the car should be good performance wise for the moment.
just recently i dropped the diff oil and was really clean since it hasnt been changed in about 3 years thought that was pretty good, still gotta service the auto.
im now just putting the interior back together, mounted the 6x9's up f**k that was a pain in the a**, never realised how much that gas tank got in the road until now.
so the back half of the car is back together just the front now, gotta get some speakers for the front before i put the trims back on. saw some nice splits the other day think they where kevlar response splits saw them in jay car for a nice price of 90 bucks i think Kwikxr has some and he said they were really good might look into them more, still gotta organise a head unit aswell.
i want to pain the dash fascia but that can wait till after i get the road worthy done and get it registered. just gotta get some money together for that and all will be good.
photos of the car and that will be up when i find the bloody camera cable it seems as though my sister has decided to lose it, bloody women such a pain in the a** and im not even married lol

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Yep, i have those Kevlar Response splits in my EF. Very solid performing set of splits IMO - well worth it, especially for the price that Jaycar are letting them go at lately.

Good to hear the car is running mate, looking forward to seeing more updates :wink:

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:00 am 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

ah ok then thats kool, they had a set that was 130 and then a set that was 80 how many rm's are yours i think the 80 ones where 50 rms and the 130 where 60 rms

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:13 am 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

hmm just wondering but will an AU centre consol fit in an EF without too much modification?
does anyone know of any body who has done it?

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

facer01 wrote:
ah ok then thats kool, they had a set that was 130 and then a set that was 80 how many rm's are yours i think the 80 ones where 50 rms and the 130 where 60 rms

I got the 50rms ones, they ran out of the 60rms ones when i went. The 50rms ones have 6" woofers, i think the 60rms ones must be the 6.5" woofer version.

Regarding the AU console, im not to sure. Can't say i have seen it done in EF/EL's but the boxcar boys fit them fairly easily. Main problem i see is how the console meets the dash. On the box cars, the AU console can slip in under the dash, whereas with EF/EL consoles kind of clip together with the dash surround if you get what i mean. It could work, but i reckon there will be more involved than doing the mod on a boxcar :wink:

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:08 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

KWIKXR wrote:
facer01 wrote:

I got the 50rms ones, they ran out of the 60rms ones when i went. The 50rms ones have 6" woofers, i think the 60rms ones must be the 6.5" woofer version.

Regarding the AU console, im not to sure. Can't say i have seen it done in EF/EL's but the boxcar boys fit them fairly easily. Main problem i see is how the console meets the dash. On the box cars, the AU console can slip in under the dash, whereas with EF/EL consoles kind of clip together with the dash surround if you get what i mean. It could work, but i reckon there will be more involved than doing the mod on a boxcar :wink:

ahh ok then thats good aye ill have to grab a set of them aye, going by what you have said they appear to be a good set of speakers and at only 80 bucks.
yeh thats kind of what i thought, because they have like the slide together sort of clip and if the au dash doesnt have that then there will be a bit of a problem lol.

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:47 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

as it sits now

6x9s mounted up

putting it back together

took bonnet lining off and painted it
photos being gay dunno how to fix em

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3