my el xr6 1521a cam, turbo, locker manual etc 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: my el xr6 1521a cam, turbo, locker manual etc
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:27 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: El xr6 manual

SA, Australia

hi guys new here, and also new to these fords :roll:

thought id make one of these up as ill be doing a fair bit to it so may as well show some of you what im up to...

its a 97 el xr6 factory manual, origanally blue..

it was involved in a accident, i bought it after then and thats where build 1 started.
new front panels were sourced, lights etc, stripped it back and painted it ppg black with green flake effects.. lowered it on some black and polished 18s with spacers, minispool, and some dash highlights, also fitted pacemaker extractors and made up a exhaust. the plan was to have a reliable burnout car that looked great, added some hid lights and big stereo i entered it in the local AUTOFEST car event, went in everyting , car performed well, no hassles until a big tip in and stripped the alloy on the studs of the spacer on rhf and wheel went thru the gaurd and ripped it off and smashed the door in, so did a fix and completed the burnout comp, and won the 6 cyl class!! with a blown head gasket. then car has sat for over a year.

now i have got it back to my place, new head gasket, fitted wade 1521a cam with 110 lobe sep and adjustble cam gear , new springs, new lifters. and a j3 chip to suit the cam.
have resprayed the car ppg deep black, and kawasaki green dash highlights,

also got bbs 17s with semi slicks on it,

and have just picked up a full brand new turbo conversion kit. with front mount, ecu the lot.. will be ditting it all up tuesday.

ill find some pics and post up. but i will now need to build up a motor pretty soon as my next event im entered is in 3 weeks haha.

heres a few pics from build number one..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]