Fordmods Logo

My First Car 

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: My First Car
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:18 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford ef xr6

NSW, Australia

Yer your right mate. Probably order some carpet very soon and give it ago. Still not quiet sure about the seats though ai. I want a black and red theme Colour in the car so im thinking getting another xr6 seat and just getting the seats covered in black leather with the tickford symbol embroyded. What should i do with the doors and dash i know what your saying with paint but what actually can be painted and what looks good. Im trying to get rid of as much grey as possible. I also need a EF owners manual so if anyone has one for sale just let me know.

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 94 ED falcon

QLD, Australia

Hey man,

regraegan wrote:
I want a black and red theme Colour in the car so im thinking getting another xr6 seat and just getting the seats covered in black leather with the tickford symbol embroyded.

Black and red theme can be done you could just ask for the 2 tone theme out side and inside part of each seat and even choose what colour stitching. I think its just a little extra for the tickford symbol but will look good and give the seats some "character".

regraegan wrote:
What should i do with the doors and dash i know what your saying with paint but what actually can be painted and what looks good. Im trying to get rid of as much grey as possible.

Again pay that bit more and get the extra material and do the door inserts yourself and paint the rest of the door.

You can paint anything on the dash its all plastic and vinyl so as long as you do the prep work (cleaning sanding) and buy the right paint(plastic or vinyl / acrylic or enamel) you will be right.

Paint the major things (most of the dash top ect) black and then give the things like door handles, dash surround (main part that wraps around the cluster and down around the head unit) and other small bits a hit of red. Just be remember things like the clock and air con controls will always be grey unless you pull off some tricky s**t, maybe cut out some circles in tape and cover each air con symbol.

Do you mean the owners manual that sits in the glove box or a repair manual.

Regards,

Michael.

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:30 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Yer that sounds good man start planning out this weekend got some more bloody test this week at school so after that should be able to get crackin into it. The owners manual in the glove box tell me what to undo where to do it. I know each model is different. Just before i owned a holden Eh premier it was a good car to work on but couldnt afford to keep it. Really lovely car but at the end of the day ford is better haha.

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:41 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

ashcook wrote:
Hey mate, welcome! Good to see another Newie boy on here.

You can add pictures as an attachment or use a site like photobucket. I have no idea about photobucket and simply use the attachment method. Just make sure your photo isn't to big for it to upload.

Where in Newie are you at and what type of performance mods are you looking for? Or a better question, how much do you want to spend? ha :D

Where abouts are you from at newe?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:47 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

They are BA xr6 ones man. Sorry havent posted in a while. Planning on getting the carpet very soon. I want the roof linning done aswell and a couple of other little things in the car. Any ideas of car upholsterer around Newcastle that are pretty good. I dont care what price im looking at I just want the car to look good :)

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6, EA Brock Falcon

VIC, Australia

mint ef xr mate looks mint great first car. wheels and colour coded bumpers et it off nicely, finish off the tickford kid i reckon would help improve, not that there is much you can do with such a nice looing car from stock.

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Thanks askcook Ill get in contact with him as soon as possible. Yer i was looking at getting the tickford kit just waiting for something to come up :). I have a little bit of spare time this weekend anyone have any sujestions what i could work on at little cost haha.

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6, EA Brock Falcon

VIC, Australia

get some l.e.d's for the interior if you dont already, paint brake calipers if its going to be a nice weekend

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Sounds good. Break calipers sound like a good one to start off with

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:30 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Hey everyone sorry havent added anything in a while gave the car a wash the other day and took a phoot with my parents new car. Ford BF MK 2 XR6 turbo goes awsome. School cert nearly over so can start working on mine now :)

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2