Fordmods Logo

My twin turbo ea project 

Page 5 of 11 [ 162 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:53 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: cortina

VIC, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
i forgot to ask where did you get that bracket to replace the A/C? i'm getting a AU motor which has a dizzy so no A/C for me

you can still have air con just need a ef el compressor, i got the braket from ford

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

Looking at your car makes me proud to own an EA mate.. that is a thing of beauty...

Did they take out the aux shaft and put in an EL one? I ask because lots of people with AU motors and dizzy's seem to have aux failures.. both on here. (troyman for eg) and at the ford wreckers I am mates with. AU one seems to be weaker because it doesn't need to spin a dizzy under normal circumstances.

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

vermiltina wrote:
WILDEB wrote:
i forgot to ask where did you get that bracket to replace the A/C? i'm getting a AU motor which has a dizzy so no A/C for me

you can still have air con just need a ef el compressor, i got the braket from ford

oh really? just the guy i'm buying the motor says that you can't have A/C due to the fact AU's shouldn't have dizzy.

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:20 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
vermiltina wrote:
WILDEB wrote:

oh really? just the guy i'm buying the motor says that you can't have A/C due to the fact AU's shouldn't have dizzy.

well he must not know what he is talking about cause i have a compressor there just haven't put it on as i can't be bothered getting it all gased up and gear.. but i had no problem with having the compressor bolted on there. just need a ef el compressor and a little spacer to bolt it on.

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

vermiltina wrote:
WILDEB wrote:
vermiltina wrote:
WILDEB wrote:

well he must not know what he is talking about cause i have a compressor there just haven't put it on as i can't be bothered getting it all gased up and gear.. but i had no problem with having the compressor bolted on there. just need a ef el compressor and a little spacer to bolt it on.

and it clears a AU motor with a dizzy? sweet as.

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:47 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: XR6 XH Ute

VIC, Australia

Great car mate

The attention to detail is awesome. can't wait to see it with the snail.

How are the brakes? I've been looking at a set but wasn't really sure on quality.

Do you reckon the coil overs are worth the money? The look great but i hear alot of people claim there not worth it.

Cheers
Ben

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:26 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

vermiltina

nice car mate i see you have sunk a lot of time and a few dollars into building your dream car!

i would like to ask you about your au centre console?

do you have any technical info on how you did it?

i have seen a few pics on how others done it and it looks like you need to bolt it straight to the floor at the back of the console next to the where the seats bolt down to the floor.

Are there any screws to put in the bucket under the lid?

how do you mount it up under the dash just to the floor?

or do you need any special brackets?

any help would be appreciated on this because i would like to do it soon on my ed?

if there is a docco already out there can somone point me in the right direction?

if not once i have done it i will write one up.

thanks mate once again nice work on the ea!

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: A massive sideways utensil.

NSW, Australia

Great work! Ur car is looking fantastic!! Could you please give me the part number for the A/C bracket and pully?? Just everytime i go to Ford, they dont know what im talking about, and think im talking s**t unless i have a part number.. :?

XR6 conversion, CAI, 3inch intake, modified intake plenum, polished TB, 2.5inch exhaust, modified cat, pwr radiator and expansion tank, BTR, kevlar bands, JMM 3K converter, shiftkit, 3.91, 31spline spool, 31spline billet axel$, Nolathane, RDA golds, Custom interior, genuine GT's

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:52 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

joshie007 wrote:
vermiltina

nice car mate i see you have sunk a lot of time and a few dollars into building your dream car!

i have seen a few pics on how others done it and it looks like you need to bolt it straight to the floor at the back of the console next to the where the seats bolt down to the floor.

any help would be appreciated on this because i would like to do it soon on my ed?

if there is a docco already out there can somone point me in the right direction?

it fits straight in there, and bolts where the old one screwed down in the console its self. the front of the console isn't bollted on anywhere, i have just got a spacer in there to bring it up closer to the dash. apart from that it sits there really well.
if ya want some more pictures let me know and i can send them to ya

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:47 pm 
VIC Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: ed

VIC, Australia

yeah more pics on the console would be great and how u did it. ive got an ed wagon and i think it would look great with an au console

94 White ED Wagon
eaton M112 supercharger, lowered a tad, extractors, 2.5" exhaust, T5 , custom SureCam supercharger cam, 3.45 lokka, 2 piece tailshaft, poyair bags in the back, TSS front Skirt, Sprint skirts, XR wagon spoiler.
soon to get: AU diff, upc 330mm brakes, Vapor LPG injection.

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:53 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

vermiltina wrote:
joshie007 wrote:
vermiltina

it fits straight in there, and bolts where the old one screwed down in the console its self. the front of the console isn't bollted on anywhere, i have just got a spacer in there to bring it up closer to the dash. apart from that it sits there really well.
if ya want some more pictures let me know and i can send them to ya

Thanks for replying but unfortutly im going to mod my NF lane, but i think ausedwagon is interested in some pics.

Cheers

Josh

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:32 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

well i finished off the boot install today, its been sitting half done for a little while just haven't been bothered to get it done. came up alright.
also had problems with the security system locking which i think is now fixed.
also have had problems with the car not running as cool as i would have liked so i am looking towards a PWR 42mm or 55mm one.. which should keep it nice and cool

also i will get some more pictures of the au console for you guys that want them

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:59 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

That looks awesome mate its interesting to see how they do these setups

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:00 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EBII

VIC, Australia

That looks fvkn kouta man.
Great stuff

Brand New Distributor: $50 + other stuffs
forums/viewtopic.php?t=73696&highlight=ebii
... "And the mountains shall drop sweet wine and the hills shall melt"...

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:20 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

cheers guys,
well i done a little more to the car today. i modded and trimmed up the bit where the xbox 360 is housed along with the inverter and gear.

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 11  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next