Fordmods Logo

My 09 FG 

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: My 09 FG
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 92 EB s

NSW, Australia

I like cars that sound like performance models of that car.
I got justfords standard sports exhaust.
its not loud at all but turns heads.
Nice idle and when she passes 3300rpm sounds like raw power. Not needforspeen underground cannon on a exel type s**t...

Also I saw a turbod exel at hexam two days ago. Lol

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

grats on the FG from all reports the atmo 6 is a sweet drive.

they do 14.5 stock give or take, thanks to the 6speed box. the BF2 XT with 6spd option did the same time.

The biggest pity in my opinion is they dont give the xr6 a bit of extra tickle to plant it a bit higher than the bogo model. a 220kw version of the i6 is easily doable on a 95 octane+ diet from factory. would really place it as a warm performance model for both the driving enthusiast and family man at the same time. without enroaching on the xr6t territory, since the torque curve would provide a totally different driving experience.

but then again Ive been drinking am am rather free with my opinion on anything.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:18 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 09 FG XR6

Power: 208 rwkw

NSW, Australia

with the exhaust and tune at my cuzinz shop djr performance in taree she made 208kw at the wheels it had a flat spot at about 3300rpm found to be caused by the broad band manifold so i disconected it and it's nice and smooth now and about 30nm more torque must be due to the was the 4495's work but it drives awsome now just the right amount of power for the brakes and chassis with a lsd in it it will be the right mix i think good on fuel too and cheap p plate legal inshurence;)

2 FOR TURNING & 2 FOR BURNING

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

when the full exhaust system got fitted, did you have any problems with the o2 sensors? ive been told changing exhaust components will set of the engine light, and it needs to be flashed to not recognise the rear o2 sensor? ive got a g6e, and have a set of extractors, hi flow cat, and a stainless steel twin 2.5 inch system off an xr6 turbo here to go on it. any things to look out for, or any issues youve found?

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:30 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

yes the engine light will come on and log a code p040 or somthing like that but i got mine tuned out best to get a tune with a exhaust any way to make full advantage of it and a ba/bf xr6 turbo exhaust wont fit straight up the fg exhaust is different what i did was use the rear of a fg GT and then from there i got a custom 3'' pipe made up with 1 muffler to a stainless cat and 4495 extractors don't settle for 4490's if you want to make power the extra cost is about 10kw at the rears on the dyno
did you put a xr8 snorkel and air box on? and remove the restrictor?

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

the exhaust is from an fg xr6t, not a ba. i think there will still need to be a few mods done to it tho. will be ordering the xr8 box from ftg shortly too. have found a place that will put something called a bullet on it (some software thingamajig) to get rid of the engine error code, at a price of approx $300. the guy says they can do a generic tune for $195 extra, or a custom for an extra $700 or so. depends how much cash i have left after i get back from holidays and get the exhaust done. im not out to break any land speed records either, but a bit better take off, a nice burble, and some better economy are all good in my book.

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:00 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon FG

NSW, Australia

brad17djr wrote:
with the exhaust and tune at my cuzinz shop djr performance in taree she made 208kw at the wheels it had a flat spot at about 3300rpm found to be caused by the broad band manifold so i disconected it and it's nice and smooth now and about 30nm more torque must be due to the was the 4495's work but it drives awsome now just the right amount of power for the brakes and chassis with a lsd in it it will be the right mix i think good on fuel too and cheap p plate legal inshurence;)

I've got the same flat spot in my modded FG XR6!! How do you disconnect the broadband manifold??

208kw is insane power too, I suspect the dyno was a little generous. How does the car go 0-100? I wouldn't mind seeing a video of its acceleration on a flat road to compare with mine. I've got 4490s, dual 2.5 inch (huge, i know), stainless intake and custom tune.. and the car goes like a bat out of hell. I get consistently 5.8 seconds to 100, it almost behaves like a b series turbo - at 3500+ revs it just hammers (RPM needle goes nuts, loses traction) which I suspect is due to the large system. But that broadband manifold you mention has got me interested, because my dyno graph shows a dip at around 3300 which my tuner could not get rid of.

Cheers

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:50 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

the broad band vacume line is under the throttle body it's a b**ch to get to but when you do just put a bolt into the end of the line and thats it my car made the same power but more torque with it disconected but that might just be with the 4495's trial and error i gues what did yours make on the dyno and wsid runs?

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:29 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon FG

NSW, Australia

brad17djr wrote:
the broad band vacume line is under the throttle body it's a b**ch to get to but when you do just put a bolt into the end of the line and thats it my car made the same power but more torque with it disconected but that might just be with the 4495's trial and error i gues what did yours make on the dyno and wsid runs?

Thanks,

I had a look today, found what you described but it seemed pretty tightly connected so I just left it.

Mine made 180rwkw, which I think is a more realistic figure for yours. I've had it dyno'd at another tuner as well and it read about 200kw (no way in hell), and another dyno at an exhaust shop read 190. Dynos all spit out different figures depending on alot of factors, particularly how the car is strapped to the dyno. My tuner explained how you can make a dyno read whatever you want it to read, he could have made mine read 200kw+ by playing with the dyno and the strapping but it just isn't realistic for these motors. Just look over at the other forums, a young bloke had his car on a dyno which was a BF Falcon with a couple of mods and it read over 200rwkw, which it certainly did not have. These FG motors are strong, but 200+rwkw is practically unachievable with the NA6, I'd say yours would realistically have about 180rwkw - around the same as mine. Mine was also tuned at the one of the leading Ford tuners in Australia - so the tune is pretty much at potential.

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:36 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Hey Fordfreak is right, this should be in the garage :)

Ill move it there for you :wink:

Love your car by the way,

Cheers.

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:30 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

cheers xrlane

so what does your car do down the quarter mile?
and what did it make stock?

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:55 am 
Fordmods Junkie

brad17djr wrote:
cheers xrlane

so what does your car do down the quarter mile?
and what did it make stock?

Who Me :lol:

I have never put a car on a dyno or down the quarter, so I cant answer that for you :lol:

Im starting a new project soon so I will be getting that one dyno tuned.

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:56 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2008 FG XR6

I've seen you around Penrith, parked at the PCYC. I'm the guy in the white FG with F6 R-SPEC wheels and no spoiler. I'm curious to know where oyu came across the GS rear bar for your exhaust.

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:56 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

ahh yer lol traffic offenders program the rear bars stock i just cut it out with a jigsaw and smoothed it out and the exhaust was from my old work at sinclair ford

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:32 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2008 FG XR6

You too huh? How did you go? I got my Section 10, happy as Larry.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next