Post subject: New Project xr6
Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:34 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: BA turbo, XH V8, EF V8

QLD, Australia

Attachment:
IMG_0789.JPG
So after finding out my ef xr6 is an imposter, (although i'm still very confused). I've recently purchased a factory ef 5.0 litre. It had been rear ended and has a crunched front end which is only panel damage. The car also has ba xr wheels with brand new tyres, new monroe gt shocks, reco'ed auto, new pioneer cd player and a decent exhaust. Has 191000 kms, all the sum of $1250. So after towing it back from bris vegas to my mates shed, which lucky for me has a hoist, the conversion begins. Fake ef xr6 manual to fake ef/el 5.0 litre auto.

Here's some progress pics

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: New Project xr6
Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:36 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1992 Ford Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Nice pick up. So was it an XR8 or something or a V8 Fairmont??

2000 AU Falcon - 17" BA XR6 Turbo's, 2.5" Catback exhaust...
1992 EB Fairmont - Stock!

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

or possibly gli?.. If so look for option 20 on complience plate.. white was a fav color for persuities..

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

goin by last pic xr would have had side skirts noan.. so eitha futura or mont or rarely a perduitie haha srry only looked at photos more after first post haha.

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:58 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1992 Ford Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Yeah i was just wondering as I haven't seen or heard of many V8 GLI and futura's and what not
Benny D wrote:
goin by last pic xr would have had side skirts noan.. so eitha futura or mont or rarely a perduitie haha srry only looked at photos more after first post haha.

2000 AU Falcon - 17" BA XR6 Turbo's, 2.5" Catback exhaust...
1992 EB Fairmont - Stock!

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:19 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

All thats left now is the motor and diff which should be out next weekend. My mate has an excavator so were going to lift the body off the subframe and diff which should be interesting.

Have already made a good start on the xr6, have replaced the wiring loom with the v8s, have kept the mid series (blue) bem for those extra features, as the v8 was a gli it only had the black low series. Now the dash is back in, so now I have to finish the interior which I started last year. I've added rear electric windows, fairmont door trims with a bit of a retrim, door lights and the footwell lights.

Started tiding up the front of the car a bit and added the auto cooler and power steer lines. Painted a bit of the engine bay which came up good.

Some more pics.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:52 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Your right mate, it's a gli. Didn't get any history with it seems very stock v8 to me.

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:12 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Have been busy on the old girl since the last post. The engine is out, the engine bay is all painted I'm quite happy with result considering ive used spray cans. Have also stripped the ef v8 and the shell has gone to the tip. We grinded the radiator support panel off then pulled the motor and box straight out with a bobcat, made it very easy.

So now my garage is chockers I have double of everything so I have heaps of stuff for sale which will be posted shortly on here and ebay.

Now its time to finish the interior and start stock piling parts for the v8. Heres some pics of recent progress.

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

Benny D wrote:

hey dude, not all xr's had sideskirts, it was an option, that should've been ticked more often in my opinion.
either definately looks interesting and gunmetal grey, have you considered keeping it manual, is there anyway to maybe just change the out put shaft etc.??
hmm gunmet grey elxr front bar manual 5L
with ghia interior loving. :D

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:58 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Yeah would love to keep the manual but I have to change the input shaft and I think I need a v8 bellhousing plus the gearbox needs a reco. Will use the auto for now then swap to manual later. Should be sweet when its done though.

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:23 am 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Has been awhile since last post, haven't done to much as work has been quiet, (f**k). Have purchased a couple of small things though, got some extractors from ebay for $106.50 pick up 20ks from my house, (sweet) and some underdrive pullies from a fellow fordmodder. I've painted my front bar with pressure packs, not to bad a result, done some wheel arch detailing, polished brake lines and fitted monroe gas struts and ultra low king springs. Still heaps more to do but slowly getting there.

Have decided to remove the serpentine setup and make some brackets for alternator and power steer pump as I'm not using the air con comp anymore. Should help with some extra power to.

Here's some pics

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:32 am 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Engine is getting pulled down as soon as my mechanic mate stops buying and building his own toys. Have a couple more pics of polished fuel rail, underdrive pullies and monroe shocks with ultra low kings springs.

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:10 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Hi all, it's been a while again since much progress has happened as money and time are tight, which i'm sure most of you know about. But have managed to do and purchase a few things.

The 5.0l has been stripped down and have started cleaning up some of the parts. Block looks pretty good so won't need much work. Have cleaned up the rocker gear (what a tedious job). Started degreasing pistons but have now decided to gets new ones. Hopefully can send block and crank away in the next few weeks. Looks like crank will need a regrind as it's a bit worn.

Scored some extractors for $100, but not sure whether they'll be used yet. Also got a au xr8 70mm throttle body which has been modified to suit e series TPS and some 24lbs injectors both for $180.

Started buying some new stereo gear which is not needed yet, but was so cheap I couldn't refuse. Got a jvc tv/dvd touchscreen for $399, a sony xplod 2 channel amp for $62.50 and a mate gave me a 15" orion sub in box for free (sweet!!!!). Have also run a fusion 4 guage wiring kit through out car.

Interior is almost done just needs a bit of wiring to finish (door lights), and I need a new passanger electric window reg, all others are new.

Painted up my calipers today and put some paint on my rotors as they were pretty rusty and also waiting for a ball joint kit to arrive this week so I can put front back together. Oh and fitted some kmac "strong ones" adjustable camber kit.

So sorry for boring everyone with my rant, but this is probably about as exciting as fordmods has been lately. Haha. Heres some pics.

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:13 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

And some more

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]