Fordmods Logo

Nicco's EF - New Direction - Page 19 

Page 26 of 31 [ 454 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 31  Next

Post subject: Re: Nicco's EF - Next Stage Plans on Page 17
Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

nicco wrote:
4LEDboy wrote:
Ooooh I like the sound of this!

its a shame about the blower not fitting :( those laminova are a pretty trick bit of gear, have you thought of making up a W2A manifold with the laminova cores? With a refigerated coolant tank just for the hell of it? :mrgreen:
Yeah, it is a bit of a shame I'm not going the blower any more, but I'm pretty excited by the prospect of this set up. And yeah, I'd absolutely love to do a laminova inlet manifold; I've always been fascinated by w2a intercooling. Economics and time have both factored into it though.

Geoff has been thinking about a laminova cooler for Snort, but it won't be readily available any time soon. I could go out and get one made one off for me (the high level maching required to do the job properly is outside my personal skill set) but then that comes down to $$$.

At this point I'll be more than happy with an air to air. Having said that, the runs are on the board for the a2a coolers anyway, they will still do the job.

80crm wrote:
Now what fuel is the 401rwkw tune going to be on?Now what fuel is the 401rwkw tune going to be on?
I'm reserving the right for Brad to come in and slap me around the head for this comment (:lol:), but I'd love to see it done on 98. It is a street car after all. Never say never in any respects though.

67RCE wrote:
Benjii wrote:
80crm wrote:
Now what fuel is the 401rwkw tune going to be on?
Is E85 Available in QLD?
No reliable E85 on the pump.
Benjii, no, Brett is right, not on the pump. If it was I'd be very interested in running it. Brad and I have already thrown a few ideas around regarding this.

E-Flex is on pump but that Brisbane only at this stage, and it varies between 70% and 85% Ethanol. CSR/Sucrogen E85 is the only reliable stuff available at this stage, but it is $2.50/L in 205L drums.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Post subject: Re: Nicco's EF - New Direction - Page 19
Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Much better idea! :lol:

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 26 images

Ride: '97 EL XR6

QLD, Australia

I think 401rwkw on 98 seems reasonable. It will be interesting to know the planned boost and just how much room Brad will give you to achieve it.

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:39 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

Thats a shame about the blower mate, but you should have an amazing result with the TT setup! Are you looking at selling the blower kit any time soon? PM me a price if you are.

Cheers, Wiggy

Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

Dan - :lol:

Cliff - I'll give out some more details when the fine print has been settled on.

Wiggy - PM incoming, yes it is for sale.

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Post subject: Re: Nicco's EF - Next Stage Plans on Page 17
Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

nicco wrote:
I'm reserving the right for Brad to come in and slap me around the head for this comment (:lol:), but I'd love to see it done on 98. It is a street car after all. Never say never in any respects though.

No slapping needed, it's been done before.

You're doing a good job of explaining it.

By the way your fuel pump and reg should be waiting you to pick up when you get back.

Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Awesome, thanks for that.

I'm back in Townslum on Tuesday. Do you mind if I drop in that arvo to see you after work?

Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Yeah tuesday after work is cool.

We need to sort out a new cam shaft!! and what you want to do with the blower cam.

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Okay, been a little bit like Christmas this week, but cost me a hell of a lot more :lol:

Pics:

EMS 6860

LS1 coils

MSD Ignition Leads (cut to length yourself kit)

Aeroflow fuel filter

MagnaFuel fuel pressure regulator

MagnaFuel fuel pump

I also picked myself up a Cigweld 175i welder. Stick, MIG and DC TIG. I'm going to be playing with that and putting together the pipework for the intercooler and so on with it. It's also going to be used for other dumb, random projects once the car is all finished. :lol:

Today I'm going through and getting the wiring for the EMS sorted. Just gotta get it all organised. Brad supplied me with an EF ecu that will be donating it's plug to the cause.

So except for the herniation of far too much money this week, it's been nice to get a lot of the parts here and ready to go.

Brad has also sorted out the cam issue for me which is good. Engine progress is coming along well.

Did anyone get up to the Ingham car show this weekend?

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Don't forget I have the other multi pin plugs for the extra wiring that isn't supported by the stock plug.

Also have the pin outs and voltage/signal tables for your car.

Didn't make up to Ingham.
Of all things do be doing on North Queenslands weekend of bogan burnouts, dyno comp, Wet 'T' comp, that always turns into a titty fest, I was fitting LPG to an 1989 Mitsubishi Express van.

Although that last time I went was the year a bloke drowned in the creek at the back of the camping area. Right behind our camp site, we actually watched it happen, one of my mates jumped in after him but couldn't save him.
It was then called a drunken hoax as the SES couldn't find him. Then two days later He floated and we got called into the cop shop to make statement AGAIN..

Went back the next year with work, and no safety changes had been made, so we stopped going.

Wouldn't mind heading back one year, but hard when you have a family that aren't to keen on going.

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 26 images

Ride: '97 EL XR6

QLD, Australia

Goodies and more goodies!

I didn't get a chance to head up to Ingham either.
I had planned to work on the XR with a mate or two, but nothing came of it. Which is fine since I just had to pay a $430 vet bill, so I didn't get a chance to buy my new gaskets.

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef XR6t

QLD, Australia

So Nicco,
your going down the path of twin turbos? Made any decisions on what turbos you are using? im keen to see how they fit up :)

Just think, theres going to be 2 of everything dump pipes oil and water lines. Are you going internal gates or?

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/ef-turbo-build-t103080.html

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Hi Corbin, yeah, to of everything will be interesting come time to fit it all up. Going to be a challenge to say the least. :lol: I'll pm you specs for the turbos.

I've been working on the wiring for the EMS while I've had some time off. Unfortunately I'm quite slow. So it's not finished yet. Coming along though.

Also, I had a bit of a play with the J3 chip and finally managed to get it to run smoothly. So I'm going to head down to the drags this Saturday night and have a play. See what I can do with the supercharged set up before it comes off. It'll be a full street style run; best part of a tank of fuel in it, spare tyre, sound system all in place.

Until I spoke with Brad this arvo, I was going to be happy with a 14 considering how slippery the track is, but he's informed me he managed a 14.7 with his old XR6. Hopefully I can beat that. :?: :lol:

On unrelated news, picked up a few things from the framing joint today that I thought I might share.

From my Bathurst road trip last Feb:

And for those of you how know the band Kyuss:

Anyone else see these guys live? I think I have permanent hearing damage from the concert, but I managed to snag front row in Brisbane! Good times! :mrgreen:

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

I was going to try and one up those last pics.
But my work camera doesn't have a close-up mode.

I've just picked the head up after having the seats cut and was going to show every one the sexy looking exhaust seats that run a conventional top cut and seat cut but with a radius from the seat cut into the port instead of the normal 3rd angle cut.

Intake seats are a 4 angle job to suit the 2mm over sized valves we are using.

Now I just need to remove all the metal that getting in the way of the air flow.
-that makes it sound easy-

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EL Gli

SA, Australia

hows this coming along interested in seeing what it can do

Sort by  
 Page 26 of 31  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 31  Next