Fordmods Logo

NL Fairlane 6cyl 145kw cam, t5 manual etc 

 

Page 8 of 10 [ 143 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: NL Fairlane..*update* dark agents on and whitewalled
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

619GIE wrote:
decided to get some led driving lights
Image
Image
will be wired up on a on/off switch on tues
n put pics up

They look like they might be the same as my ones, but I cut mine to length.
Image
Image

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: NL Fairlane..*update* dark agents on and whitewalled
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 196

Joined: 16th Nov 2009

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: NL Fairlane

Location: Noosa
QLD, Australia

REW93N wrote:
619GIE wrote:
decided to get some led driving lights
Image
Image
will be wired up on a on/off switch on tues
n put pics up

They look like they might be the same as my ones, but I cut mine to length.
Image
Image


yeh they are mine f**k out the other week blew a fuse.. didnt know what the f**k was goin on, car wouldnt start had racq come n they wanted me to tow it, drove it home n realised it was the l.e.d lights one s**t itself n melted the wire.. got different ones to wire up now will post a pic up when i get around to puttin them on

 

_________________

Image
now has t5 manual conversion, 1521a cam, extractors, j3 etc :) the-garage-f53/nl-fairlane-t87847.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: NL Fairlane..*update* dark agents on and whitewalled
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

619GIE wrote:
yeh they are mine f**k out the other week blew a fuse.. didnt know what the f**k was goin on, car wouldnt start had racq come n they wanted me to tow it, drove it home n realised it was the l.e.d lights one s**t itself n melted the wire.. got different ones to wire up now will post a pic up when i get around to puttin them on


I'm waiting for it...
What fuse went... just in case. Haha

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: NL Fairlane..*update* dark agents on and whitewalled
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:51 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 196

Joined: 16th Nov 2009

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: NL Fairlane

Location: Noosa
QLD, Australia

REW93N wrote:
619GIE wrote:
yeh they are mine f**k out the other week blew a fuse.. didnt know what the f**k was goin on, car wouldnt start had racq come n they wanted me to tow it, drove it home n realised it was the l.e.d lights one s**t itself n melted the wire.. got different ones to wire up now will post a pic up when i get around to puttin them on


I'm waiting for it...
What fuse went... just in case. Haha


haha im hoping the light is better on these ones.. um it was the 1st red 10a top left
i just dont want it to happen again if i put these new ones on

 

_________________

Image
now has t5 manual conversion, 1521a cam, extractors, j3 etc :) the-garage-f53/nl-fairlane-t87847.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: NL Fairlane.19's, whitewalls,l.e.d driving lights
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 55

Posts: 1566

Joined: 12th Apr 2008

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

Location: Wattle Grove
NSW, Australia

Play it safe use an inline fuse!

 

_________________

Image
NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
ZD build thread under construction at post1136180.html#p1136180

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: NL Fairlane lowered on dark agents.. convert to manual??
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 196

Joined: 16th Nov 2009

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: NL Fairlane

Location: Noosa
QLD, Australia

head on the lane is near gone! so soon the lane will be getting 4499 extractors,j3 chip,cam gear (all for $400 unsure if the chip is blank or not) head reco port n polish

still deciding on what cam to go, would like to go a 997b or 1521a but i read with an auto id need a stally so that leaves me with goin the 1636, i do know a dude with a xr6 manual conversion :)
be pretty cool to have a manual fairlane

what are ur thoughts??

 

_________________

Image
now has t5 manual conversion, 1521a cam, extractors, j3 etc :) the-garage-f53/nl-fairlane-t87847.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: NL Fairlane lowered on dark agents.. convert to manual??
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

619GIE wrote:
head on the lane is near gone! so soon the lane will be getting 4499 extractors,j3 chip,cam gear (all for $400 unsure if the chip is blank or not) head reco port n polish

still deciding on what cam to go, would like to go a 997b or 1521a but i read with an auto id need a stally so that leaves me with goin the 1636, i do know a dude with a xr6 manual conversion :)
be pretty cool to have a manual fairlane

what are ur thoughts??

Not sure how it'd go with the longer wheel base and everything.
Common sense dictates (Being that the lanes and the falcons etc all have the same engine/trans) that the tailshaft would be longer, so the box wouldn't reach properly.
But that's without really knowing, just using common sense.

That's my two cents, anyway.

It'd be awesome to see, none-the-less.

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: NL Fairlane lowered on dark agents.. convert to manual??
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 1700

Joined: 24th Nov 2005

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

Location: Dunedin
New Zealand

619GIE wrote:
pretty cool to have a manual fairlane

what are ur thoughts??



Do it. You will never EVER look back, trust me!

 

_________________

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: NL Fairlane lowered on dark agents.. convert to manual??
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:58 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 196

Joined: 16th Nov 2009

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: NL Fairlane

Location: Noosa
QLD, Australia

REW93N wrote:
619GIE wrote:
head on the lane is near gone! so soon the lane will be getting 4499 extractors,j3 chip,cam gear (all for $400 unsure if the chip is blank or not) head reco port n polish

still deciding on what cam to go, would like to go a 997b or 1521a but i read with an auto id need a stally so that leaves me with goin the 1636, i do know a dude with a xr6 manual conversion :)
be pretty cool to have a manual fairlane

what are ur thoughts??

Not sure how it'd go with the longer wheel base and everything.
Common sense dictates (Being that the lanes and the falcons etc all have the same engine/trans) that the tailshaft would be longer, so the box wouldn't reach properly.
But that's without really knowing, just using common sense.

That's my two cents, anyway.

It'd be awesome to see, none-the-less.


yeh i know its possible i memba back when i first got it i wanted to go manual conversion n ther was a lady that had a silver nl with a 5spd in it that she did herself n didnt live to far away.. forgot wot forum that was on tho was ahwile ago now

 

_________________

Image
now has t5 manual conversion, 1521a cam, extractors, j3 etc :) the-garage-f53/nl-fairlane-t87847.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: NL Fairlane lowered on dark agents.. convert to manual??
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 196

Joined: 16th Nov 2009

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: NL Fairlane

Location: Noosa
QLD, Australia

XFWAGON wrote:
619GIE wrote:
pretty cool to have a manual fairlane

what are ur thoughts??



Do it. You will never EVER look back, trust me!


haha :) whats the go with the tailshaft when doin a conversion??

 

_________________

Image
now has t5 manual conversion, 1521a cam, extractors, j3 etc :) the-garage-f53/nl-fairlane-t87847.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: NL Fairlane lowered on dark agents.. convert to manual??
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 55

Posts: 1566

Joined: 12th Apr 2008

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

Location: Wattle Grove
NSW, Australia

Go manual! I just put a T5 into my 5.0 NF - awesome! and the tailshaft went straight in with no mods whatever!

 

_________________

Image
NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
ZD build thread under construction at post1136180.html#p1136180

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: NL Fairlane lowered on dark agents.. convert to manual??
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 196

Joined: 16th Nov 2009

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: NL Fairlane

Location: Noosa
QLD, Australia

fairlane6970 wrote:
Go manual! I just put a T5 into my 5.0 NF - awesome!


lol so far havnt herd anyone say not to :) have u had any issues after doin it?? that the only thing im not up for.. somthin happening n not knowin wot it could be

 

_________________

Image
now has t5 manual conversion, 1521a cam, extractors, j3 etc :) the-garage-f53/nl-fairlane-t87847.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: NL Fairlane lowered on dark agents.. convert to manual??
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 196

Joined: 16th Nov 2009

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: NL Fairlane

Location: Noosa
QLD, Australia

fairlane6970 wrote:
Go manual! I just put a T5 into my 5.0 NF - awesome!


lol so far havnt herd anyone say not to :) have u had any issues after doin it?? that the only thing im not up for.. somthin happening n not knowin wot it could be

 

_________________

Image
now has t5 manual conversion, 1521a cam, extractors, j3 etc :) the-garage-f53/nl-fairlane-t87847.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: NL Fairlane lowered on dark agents.. convert to manual??
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 1700

Joined: 24th Nov 2005

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

Location: Dunedin
New Zealand

Just make sure you get an E series T5, I made the mistake of getting an AU T5 and had to shorten the tail shaft.

But you will love it, it makes the car so much more enjoyable and also better on fuel.

 

_________________

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: NL Fairlane lowered on dark agents.. convert to manual??
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 55

Posts: 1566

Joined: 12th Apr 2008

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

Location: Wattle Grove
NSW, Australia

Only issue I've had is that my handbrake doesn't work which never bothered me when auto but now I spose I better sort it out eh! btw I have a pedal box for sale on ebay atm if you are interested.

 

_________________

Image
NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
ZD build thread under construction at post1136180.html#p1136180

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 8 of 10  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:29 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names