Fordmods Logo

NZEA's EA Fairmont Build Thread (now with some pictures) 

Page 9 of 15 [ 211 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next

Post subject: Re: NZEA's EA Fairmont Build Thread (now with some pictures)
Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Hey - You can give me back my seats and door inserts!... I should really not bother, since I got nowhere to store them... Hmmm. Is the LANE carpet the same colour by the way? I shouldn't have told you that the lady told me about that Fairlane! I should have just bought all the bits and sold them... I can be such a douche.

Like SOMEONE took the free wheeling pullie off that EL poverty pack I wanted.... Teach me for listening to you and not taking it straight away....

Where's my cash by the way? I don't even have enough for a coffee right now, so don't have enough gas to come out and key your car........

Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:41 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB

New Zealand

XFWagon wrote:
tow bar insert please?

Bugger, I saw you asking on the futurlanes thread and I meant to look but totaly f**k forgot, along with other things. Went back today to get the electrid mirror switches today and f**k forgot again!! I will no doubt be up there again soon, between me and fiend we should be able to suss it out

XFWagon wrote:
Do itttttt

I did :D

SLO247 wrote:
Car sits right

Good to hear! I got the after noon off yesterday and I did it!

Got the front and back seats, door cards, new boot carpet and trim(again) all out and stacked into my car(which i gutted of seats in 5 and a half mins) in about two hours.

fiend wrote:
Hey - You can give me back my seats and door inserts!... I should really not bother, since I got nowhere to store them... Hmmm. Is the LANE carpet the same colour by the way? I shouldn't have told you that the lady told me about that Fairlane! I should have just bought all the bits and sold them... I can be such a douche.

Like SOMEONE took the free wheeling pullie off that EL poverty pack I wanted.... Teach me for listening to you and not taking it straight away....

Where's my cash by the way? I don't even have enough for a coffee right now, so don't have enough gas to come out and key your car........

The carpet is grey, so are the seats they're just a bit dirty. For $50 bucks it included carpet and roof lining but mine were just as good on both counts. You're not a douche, you're a f**k good dude. I am a huge fan of this interior, so so plush. I am constantly looking for idler pulleys now for you...

Checks in the mail...might be out your way tomorrow so will drop by and see you.

Got the seats in last night, minus the bolsters which will require some cutting of plastic. Hey I didn't know the front seats were electric! Now have electric front lazy boys... :D

Pics by tomorrow I promise, wish I had of got one with the EF back seat and all the EF door cards in, I'll at least get a pic of door cards and lean the seat up against car or something....

LSD will be going in with a bit of luck this weekend too, I'll be working all weekend so will just park the car in the bulk store and do it bit by bit on smoko and lunch.

1989 EA Falcon column shift - SOLD
1990 EAII, BBM, EL ECU, T5, LSD - SOLD
1993 EBII Fairmont Ghia V8 - SOLD
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Huge thanks to BenJ, TROYMAN, fiend and XR-Lane. The E-series knowledge/motivation pool.

Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Sounds great.

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:18 am 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

heres the EF rear seat and door trim that were in

(sorry for my s**t phone pics)

The fairlane front and rear seats, and centre console

I had to bend the latches down for the back seats to fit in properly, eneded up sitting it next to the old fairmont one and the brackets were way longer. Fairlane on the left fairmont on right:

So I cut them off their respective seats, just the back bracket that bolts directly to the car(held on by 8mm rivets, f**k cheap a*** MrFord!!)
Again Fairlane on left, fairmont on right:

I had a good supply of M6 bolts and nylock nuts on hand ( :lol: ) but that was 2mm to small. Enter the redundant keyboard rests! These things are what the M6 bolts and nylocks were salvaged from and they have brass bearings in them to!

So I drilled out all the holes to 9.5 and pressed em in, using a washer between plates and a small one before the nylock:

The bearing in its new home:

This gave me back the leg room I had seemingly misplaced in the back seat.

The bolsters are entirely different, fairlane is much larger:

Doesnt have the notch cut out for the c pillar plastic either:

So i just pulled it off and cable tied it onto the fairmont one as best I could.

Whilst putting the door cards in, apart from a bit of a headache with my wiring, the mirror switche was sitting out proud. I flattened out and L bracket and riveted it on like so:

Ended up sitting nicely

Anyway enough from me for the minute.

Moneys waiting here for ya fiend! :lol: Didn't make it out the other night sorry!

2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Huge thanks to BenJ, TROYMAN, fiend and XR-Lane. The E-series knowledge/motivation pool.

Last edited by NZEA on Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Looking the goods BeNZ.

Pity you trashed my Fairmont rear seat! A little bit too much work to bother swapping all the bits over to get the really good condition EF Fairmont Sedan seat in to the Futurlane to replace the better than average (but not perfect) Fairmont wagon rear seat, so looks like the tip is scoring some more Ford parts?...

Those EF Mont door cards... Hmmmmm... Maybe you could find somewhere to keep those for me? I could do with replacing the front left after carrying long bits of wood inside the car and it getting smashed around a little...

Looking good Ben. I know you'll be under a wagon with a clutch issue shortly.......

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:05 am 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

fiend wrote:
Looking the goods BeNZ.

Pity you trashed my Fairmont rear seat! A little bit too much work to bother swapping all the bits over to get the really good condition EF Fairmont Sedan seat in to the Futurlane to replace the better than average (but not perfect) Fairmont wagon rear seat, so looks like the tip is scoring some more Ford parts?...

Those EF Mont door cards... Hmmmmm... Maybe you could find somewhere to keep those for me? I could do with replacing the front left after carrying long bits of wood inside the car and it getting smashed around a little...

Looking good Ben. I know you'll be under a wagon with a clutch issue shortly.......

Thanks mate. Do not despair!! The seats I cannabilised for the install were my oooold fairmont ones!! The EF ones are still whole!

With the door cards, I have more than four EF ones here in storage, I ended up using the two left hand ones of yours and found better nic ones for the other side. They won't be seeing the tip either so don't worry...

I'm gonna rip the skin off the ooooold seats and and use keep them for possible templates, so if your ever thinking of re-upholstering you know where they are!

2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:15 am 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

Heres some pics of the springs that went in, new in blue:

And on the strut!

Done the front first :D

Then the lot, as you may be able to see, front guards and bonnet are faded as f**k...

2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Last edited by NZEA on Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Hey - Those do look like progressive springs dude... See the way the spring coils get closer together at one end? That would indicate to my limited knowledge that they are progressive of some description or another. Either way, score.

I may take the old electric window switch off your hands as it will be placed somewhere nice for operating the pan and tilt cameras on the car. Was thinking of putting a camera in the engine bay with infrared, but that's just overkill. When your screen only has three inputs, why bother wasting the last one on that? Will most likely put a camera out the front air damn thing someplace instead...

And then save up for a replacement video switching unit so there can be more cameras... There's a thought - Rig it all up to a wireless system and I'll be able to see what my car is seeing from my living room.
:roll:

Sheez, don't I have my own thread to spout this crap onto?

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:55 am 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

fiend wrote:
Hey - Those do look like progressive springs dude... See the way the spring coils get closer together at one end? That would indicate to my limited knowledge that they are progressive of some description or another. Either way, score.

I may take the old electric window switch off your hands as it will be placed somewhere nice for operating the pan and tilt cameras on the car. Was thinking of putting a camera in the engine bay with infrared, but that's just overkill. When your screen only has three inputs, why bother wasting the last one on that? Will most likely put a camera out the front air damn thing someplace instead...

And then save up for a replacement video switching unit so there can be more cameras... There's a thought - Rig it all up to a wireless system and I'll be able to see what my car is seeing from my living room.
:roll:

Sheez, don't I have my own thread to spout this crap onto?

f**k it, spout away, fur seals...

You mean the electric mirror switch? It's yours, again, :lol: I'll bring that and $40 out to you soon as I can...and some money for the lubrizol...

Man I was trying to keep the set full incase I wanted those cards back in...bully

2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:59 am 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

Half waxed bonnet:

For your amusement:

...I put a screw driver in my eye end of last year.

2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Last edited by NZEA on Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

They seem to go missing from pick-a-prat quite quickly, but you're handy to the car yard so should be easy to replace really?!... I've caught up on all the little odd jobs out that way pretty much, so ain't been back since getting a long distance view of that red Lane you got the interior from.

Wonder what an EF would look like with a EA interior? Actually - No, I don't wonder. Forget it. Ick.

Get off Fordmods and do some work.

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:41 am 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

Ahaha. I think the lane interior suits the EA and ofcourse the seats. Real plush. Just thinking aloud ere...I'm a fan of subtlety. Like the red console lid and gear boot that were in were just to much for me. As would the bucket seats I was looking at would have been. I want it to be fast enough but not look it you know. with the ltd interior its so comfy, almost considered putting old springs back in for more cushion but couldn't stand the body roll. Plus it needs an alignment so would not make any brash decisions before that either way.

Was beginning to look far too much like Benj's old red beast, which I'm a big fan of. But it is my intention to have a coon that best suits my needs and tastes. Such as blatentley being undertaken by you Mr Fiend, producing an utterly unique piece of custom motoring madness. The upside of having an E series is that it's relatively cheap and theres a myriad of parts and technical information out there to fix whatever you want, that's not broken.

The ltd interior brings a warmth and comfort to the vehicle lacking since the addition of the EF bits and pieces. If I wanted a race car with buckets and s**t I wouldn't have bought a bloody 6 cyl falcon in the first place!! So if I can achieve a decent amount of rice shaming power and reliability whilst having the homeleeness of electric front lazy boys then I would have achieved my goals.

2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:50 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EB S pack

VIC, Australia

Eww I wasnt amused by the eye pick almost made me chuck! How'd you manage that!? Looks painful!

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

Oh man that eye is not lookin good, how did you get the screwdriver up there?! Looks almost as good as the time i was clipping branches with secateurs and slipped, put my bottom teeth through my bottom lip/face lol.

Damn that bonnet looks the goods, all you did was wax it? might have to get onto some of that s**t!

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

My Le Mans Red EB had terrible Paint Fade. It was like a chalk almost. If you rubbed your hand on the bonnet you would get red on your hand.

When I first polished mine, I was amazed at how well it came up.

Well worth the effort.

Looking great.

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Sort by  
 Page 9 of 15  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next