Fordmods Logo

NZEA's EA Fairmont Build Thread (now with some pictures) 

Page 12 of 15 [ 211 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post subject: Re: NZEA's EA Fairmont Build Thread (now with some pictures)
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:17 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

unless you bump your idle screw up enough the ecu will always try bring it back down to 725rpm.

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:05 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB

New Zealand

This is what I've been offered, opinions?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=232586371

1989 EA Falcon column shift - SOLD
1990 EAII, BBM, EL ECU, T5, LSD - SOLD
1993 EBII Fairmont Ghia V8 - SOLD
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Huge thanks to BenJ, TROYMAN, fiend and XR-Lane. The E-series knowledge/motivation pool.

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Mate - Where were you when I was wrecking the GT2 turbo?.. You could have bought the whole car for $500 and used it as parts. Had the huge brakes, 16" mags, leather interior, momo s**t, optional extra's everywhere. Sheeez...

Oh wait......... Didn't I meet you coz you wanted heaps of cheap crap I was throwing away from an EF Fairmont? Ah well, the Mont and the Soobie were being wrecked at the same time. The soobie just had a warrant and rego so was outside my house legally...

What a funny world.

Swap it, and I'll give you a race.

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:35 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

with the 3500 AU fairlanes getting around, i'm considering taking some cash for the car and moving up...xfwagons old man is gonna check this suby out for me in the meantime...good barstards

:lol: your a funny mother f**k some times

2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Huge thanks to BenJ, TROYMAN, fiend and XR-Lane. The E-series knowledge/motivation pool.

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

The first mod I'd do to the bloody AU is work out a BA interior install!!! And after spending years in a BA XR6, I still prefer the old EF! Crikey d**k.

Get the Soobie and I'll race ya. Once you get sick of swallowing black oily crap you might want to move back to the lazy old six that you don't have to rev the a*** off just to make it over a footpath on route to your carport.......

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EDL Fairmont Wagon/AU XR8 Ghia

NSW, Australia

fiend wrote:
Get the Soobie and I'll race ya. Once you get sick of swallowing black oily crap you might want to move back to the lazy old six that you don't have to rev the a*** off just to make it over a footpath on route to your carport.......

I'd like to see that.... I used to own one of these things. We topped out @ 225Kmh on the way to Bathurst.......

=1994 ED Wagon GLi body/EL Fairmont spec with *ALL* EL running gear.=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=65695
=1998 EL Futura Sedan - The EF Fairmonts Replacement=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=106588

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:28 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

:lol:

Also just got offered this:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=231828617

2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

racedirector wrote:
I'd like to see that.... I used to own one of these things. We topped out @ 225Kmh on the way to Bathurst.......

I used to own the 1992 GT2 (big brakes and all) and yes, they are quick enough. Just quietly, how fast do you think a Ford inline six will go?! I know people say they rattle and feel dangerous at anything around 180 or above, but I've been way past that and it was all working smooth. I have a niggling worry about driveshaft type things, so ain't doing it again until a decent retainer is installed...

Anyway, since the speed limit on open road is 100km/h the "race" would be purely 0-100, obviously.

I think I'd give that Soobie a decent tickle.

BENZ wrote:
But he says he already got a real Falcoon not long ago. One with coil packs, I kid you not.

Those Grand Wagons (or Lancasters) are bloody ugly high things, and it's a non turbo with a slush box. Mate - Have you driven a non turbo boxer? With a auto? You won't be loosing much rear tyres Benz mate, at least that's a good point?

Those two litre boxers normally aspirated are crap, but the 2.5 might just be able to drive the ungainly looking thing up a ski field with you and the family. Ask if he has a spare Thule roof cargo system. I bet you he has, but if he doesn't his mate will.

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

HEY - That "GRAND" wagon is in ALEXANDRA, Central Otago. It could be worth it - they have not heard of rust in Central Otago Benz mate - and that area was the Soobie capital of the planet for years. Honestly - They still have LEONE's (with 2wd / 4high & low ratio selected via a handle next to the handbrake) and the old Sobbie UTE's down there you know!... Hell, come to think of it, there are still a number of Austin Princesses getting around those Central Otago and northern Southland quartz chip highways.... Now, there's a real car....

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:04 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

Yeah but he text me saying he wanted it and then rung me cos i hadnt text back yet, says hes been looking at my auction all week and then his mate came round and convinced him. He also told me not to trust those bogans from ranfurly(where the other suby is from) :lol:

You have one quick 6 mr fiend, i don't doubt that.

:lol: my uncle lives in alex and has, along with his AU, a prefect! :lol: and I have experienced a certain degree of unrusted central cars, you have a mighty point there.

He wanted cash for driving to picton etc i said i dont have a penny so he's currently raiding the piggy bank and gonna ring me back...the 2.5 should be alright, and rest assured, if it's not, turbos and gears will be looming. Also he will put a new wof and fix the CV for me, not bad.

2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Hey - Cool... Sounds like the goods alright. I'll throw him another one of those mags you've got as a spare to help things along if you like... Be a real shame to see it go Ben, all that Ford knowledge and everything is turning into a Soobie... WTF? That's just bloody unfair... You'd better pull out the old spit and polish if this fella is serious enough to drive 1000 klicks and catch a bloody boat @ $200 each way! You still got all those spare bits to load in the boot and throw his way?!!!

**ONLY** sell things to people in Ranfurly mate...

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:44 am 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

Well he hasn't rung back so who knows, might have to offer a bit of help on the gas, definitely will chuck all the bits and pieces in the boot for him. I've still got those injector for you if you want them?

:lol: Yeah the guy in ranfurly is the one that said "swap for a phat leggie bro? turbo! 89RS" on my auction, but straightened up a bit after he realised I was not in fact, that much of a mongrel.

I'm making money with this swap and it just means that when I get sick of it and sell it, a newer ford is on the way :D Those 6's are just too easy to work on not to get another. AU model fairlane sounds like me :D

2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

Lol yes Fiend, we have loads of Leones in Dunedin as well, one down my street in fact. Baby blue.

And a few princesses as well, s**t loads of WRX's, like belly buttons, everyone has one.

I sent you another Txt Ben, Dunno how much to trust this guy from Ranfurly though. Dodgy as farmers that way. The thing has prob' had its tits rung out. All the losers down here seem to drive a subaru in some form or another lol.....and no, i'm not kidding.

The N/A Subes go like s**t too, i drove round a 2003 2.5 legacy limited for a while last year, what a pile....i think my 91 laser is just as good in terms of pull if not better :lol:

Ben, totally go for the NU Fairlane!!! How could you not, super luxury, VCT, and cheap cheap cheap!! only problem is choosing a colour...heaps of choice, from what i have seen you can either choose white, white or white... DO IT!

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Now MOSGIEL. Now we're talking. Cars from Alex to Mosgiel are well worth a look. You'll need to replace the heater hoses in all of them (coz none would have been changed since original in the fifties) and probably look at some new gaskets from where the old cast head has come away from the exhaust (usually cylinder three for some reason) and the rubber tyres will need to be replaced at they would have perished into a flat spot... But surprisingly - ALL CARS COME WITH CURRENT WARRANT OF FITNESS AND REGO....
:lol:

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:27 am 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

Yeah sweet texting away...thanks heaps for this aye. Bloody hell, check this out for a laugh :

https://www.carjam.co.nz/report/?ref=908C1FE3

at the cost of $12 I just saved one big head ache, 1 year into a five year loan. I rung the finance company and they said they couldnt tell me much but could tell me to be very careful if buying this car, haha. I just texted the guy:

'any money owing on the car?'
'yeah i paid 5 for it last year and i think theres still 2 owing, i dont think i can do the swap the petrol is gonna cost me $300'
'mate I think I could help you out with the gas but I'm not buying a car with money owing on it'
'yeah i can understand that. I'll talk 2 bank 2day an c if i cn take a 2g over draft and pay it off 4 u'

ffs :roll:

2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Sort by  
 Page 12 of 15  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next