Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
That car looks very f**k hot

The AU model will always surprise me...... its the only car that can look horrible most cases ive seen, but at the same time theres examples out there like yours that i would happily fork out money for :)

Cheers.
Yeah the AU can be like that. IMO its just the AUI-II fortes etc that let it down. All the T series looked great from series I-III, series I XR's were okay but by the end of series II and III they looked awesome, the utes werent too bad and the Fairmonts in series II and III looked great with the body kit and spoiler etc.

BOTTLEDUP wrote:
No worries mate, its here at work so whenever you've got time is cool.

Current Trendz did the TE's tint, but anyone half decent should be able to do a good job. I'm running 5% on the rear screen and 18% on the sides, touch wood I've had no problems from the fuzz to date.

Yeah im running 5% on the ute and the Missus had 18% on here old Fiesta. I have quite a good relationship with a tinter over here in Malaga so they'll more than likely do the job. I like the sound of 5% on the back and 18% on the sides.

Also my mate sourced his old headers from his AU 220 so i scored them for nothing. The cats have been cut off them so i'll be looking at getting the exit pipe from the collector cut off and have a slightly larger one fitted with a new flange etc, ready to be mated to a pair of Magnaflow cats. Should unlock some hidden power from the beast.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Well the Ghia got lowered today. All work was carried out by WA Suspensions and as said we went for Lovells SL springs and KYB black struts/shocks. Really happy with how it turned out, not too low, not too high, just right. Should settle a tad more which will end up looking sweet IMO, especially once some 19's are tucked under the guards.
As far as handling goes, i must say, the Fairmont Ghia has not lost its well known comfort. It still rides SO smooth, really nice and soft but alot more sporty now. I think some witeline swaybars would finish it off nicely.
Going to try and book it in to get the front guards rolled ASAP before it settles and then it'll be too late, have heard the AU's are prone to ripping out the front guards.
Unfortunately no pics tonight as by the time we got home it was too late so will have a couple up by tomorrow night.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Alright finally got some new pics of the new ride height. Unfortunately didnt get any with the factory optioned wheels but now its too late and she's wearing new boots now.
The new boots are 19x8.5" Kaotiks on the front with Federal 595 235/40/19 tyres and the rears are huge 19x9.5" with Federal 595 265/30/19's. They were not originally the type of wheel that we were looking at for the Ghia, but they were a mate of mines wheels and i got a good deal for them. Plus the missus loves them and once i bolted them up i was sold on them too.
The huge rear rubber fills out the rear AU guards nicely an di think with some nice black tint they'll suit the car very well. Will have a bit of a black and blue theme going, and also i think the chrome lip matches the chrome strip around the car and the badging.
So heres the pics from today, sorry about the dirty car, crap weather over here again so a good wash is out of the question.
Let me know what yous think wether it be good or bad, all opinions welcome.

Cheers Jeff

STREETBUILT RACING

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:35 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

i think it looks great jeff.

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

Whats with everyone and the angled pics! :lol:
Makes it hard to picture how they really look.
I know your an artist Jeff with all things mechanical but can I have a straight side on pic? :D

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Timmeh wrote:
Whats with everyone and the angled pics! :lol:
Makes it hard to picture how they really look.
I know your an artist Jeff with all things mechanical but can I have a straight side on pic? :D

Oh come on its only as hard as tilting your head.
Makes it easier to fit the whole car into the pic :wink:
Here ya go anyway.

STREETBUILT RACING

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

Yeah they look awesome. Good choice. Classy and tough in one package.

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Timmeh wrote:
Yeah they look awesome. Good choice. Classy and tough in one package.

Yeah, like i said they werent what i originally had planned for it. We were thinking more along the lines of T3 Pursuits, Azzuro's or the AU rebel wheels or even something from the BA range. I wanted to keep it nice and classy to stick to the "Fairmont Ghia" name.
But i think these wheels gave it a really unique look, and as you said classy but still Tuff.
We're both happy so thats all that matters ;)

STREETBUILT RACING

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Looks great Jeff.

Quote:
So heres the pics from today, sorry about the dirty car, crap weather over here again so a good wash is out of the question.

All honesty, i still havent cleaned my car since i had my throttle body adjusted at your joint, i think theres still white paint on there since the drags too, no numbers, just washed off roughly. :D

I thought them rims seem familiar!

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

i might go against the grain here and say imo the wheels on page 3 would look better " if " they were polished, or had them chromed

But still a sweet looking ride

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

schnoods wrote:
Looks great Jeff.

Thanks Jas.
You slack bugger. The poor thing needs some TLC on that exterior :lol:
Yeah they are Davo's old rims mate, couldnt resist.

FordFairmont wrote:
i might go against the grain here and say imo the wheels on page 3 would look better " if " they were polished, or had them chromed

But still a sweet looking ride

Yeah, thats why we were looking at the Tickford Azzuro wheels to go on it, as they are an almost identical rim but in 18".
We definately wont be getting rid of the 17's though. They were optioned to the car so we'll keep them. I doubt they'll ever get polished or chromed though.

Jeff

STREETBUILT RACING

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:22 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: BA

VIC, Australia

Very nice looking car. I like the cruiser idea, subtle and clean but still tough.

Tyler

Silver 2003 BA XT - 2 ported 12" Alpine type R subs, 5 by 7 Alpine type R rears, 5 and half inch Alpine splits up front, Alpine head unit.

Blue dome and footwell neons. Debadged and deaerialed. Custom front grill.

Wheels and lowering to come next, then exhaust.

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

WA, Australia

Jeff I've got the 18" GTP rims on the back of the TE atm, and I must say they really look good. They've got the wrong tyre on so they do rub a bit (which is bloody annoying) but you might want to have a look sometime and see what you think of them... Going REALLY CHEAP!! :D

TE50 T1 P01

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

BOTTLEDUP wrote:
Jeff I've got the 18" GTP rims on the back of the TE atm, and I must say they really look good. They've got the wrong tyre on so they do rub a bit (which is bloody annoying) but you might want to have a look sometime and see what you think of them... Going REALLY CHEAP!! :D

Dave, i'll hopefully be there again on Saturday so i can check them out then if they are still on, if not take a pic for us.
Can ya msg me what you'll b asking for them. The missus will kick my a** if i came home with some more rims, but at the right price i'll take the risk ;)

STREETBUILT RACING

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

WA, Australia

Tell her to look on the bright side its only two wheels atm! LOL

TE50 T1 P01

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 8  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next