Fordmods Logo

PROJECT [STOJET] MY EL FAIRMONT AU11 V8 

Page 2 of 8 [ 114 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Post subject: Re: MY EL FAIRMONT SOON TO BE V8 TURBO
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

VIC, Australia

So long as theres plenty of coke for him his happy lol and us boys will be drinkn the good stuff so kris is getting a demotion i hear hahahah whose taking his position

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6, EA Brock Falcon

VIC, Australia

that is one sexy el fairmont :)

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Well donor car arrives in a few hours, here some pics

Soon as its home will start parting out what is not need eg hard lid front end wheels interior etc.. Then sat will be the removal of engine and box to start to put it in the el

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Well the motor was out on sat and into my car here are some pics

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: MY EL FAIRMONT SOON TO BE V8
Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

At this stage we have decided to get ti up and running na as im plannign a holiday end of year so turbo project will start early next year.

So plans will be get everything up and running with au computer, di filippo 4-1's will be heer tommrow so i will put them on and finsh wiring this weekend.

Looking at getting a crane 2040 cam and valve springs tune and put my 3,9's in. And see how we go with that setup for now id say it shoudl give me an honest 175-185rwk hope for at least another 70 more when turboed.

Painted the engine cover today all white will get around to painting the tickford in red. And will be polishign the intake manifold top half in a few weeks and rocker covers to dress the engine bay up a little

Last edited by stoj79 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

Easy 200rwkw NA with a tune easy done mate.

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Well if thats achievable i wont be complaining till the funds come up again before the turbo project start

Sweet wagon btw if mines sounds anything liek that with the same cam i wont be complaining :P

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

stoj79 wrote:
Well if thats achievable i wont be complaining till the funds come up again before the turbo project start

Sweet wagon btw if mines sounds anything liek that with the same cam i wont be complaining :P

Thanks stoj, I have a Crane 2040/FMS E303 in the wagon but the heads even though they're ported, still let my combo down. There's Timmeh who used basically AU3 XR8 parts in his EL XR8 and he got a smigen under 200kW at the wheels and then you have XH5LWEPN who has the same Crane cam with a set of AFR165s and he was up near 230 odd kW at the wheels the last I looked.

Should keep you entertained until turbo time :)

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Looking forward to it btw u ddint change vavle springs when u did this setup?????

im pretty sure i have the 1.72 rockers which will give ma a little more lift and i doubt the standard springs will keep up are u runnign 1.6 rockers

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Still using stocker rockers and stock springs. I'm keeping the revs down in mine until I have money to play properly. I used to rev it hard when it was a manual but no need to do it now because it's an auto again. With the standard 1.6s, it has a tad under 500 thou lift.

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

How did u go about installing & wiring in the AU ECU???

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Havnt got there yet hoping i can get some ideas shortcuts etc will be attempting it all on the weekend

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU1 XR8

Good to see more turbo v8 eseries growing in numbers, if you arnt aiming for high horsepower ie 300rwkw id recommend gt3582r (xr6 family) it will make more than enough power while having very good around town squirt.

You will need a crossover pipe from header to turbo flange, id recommend behind the transmission as to keep heat out of the engine bay.

If that au engine makes 200rwk you wont need much boost to smash 250, also its not so much the internals that you have to worry about its the block splitting as there made from particle board in mexico.

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeh i will be sourcing another block possibly the earlier pre 79 block as there stronger in the webbing but may even consider supercharging if the au kit comes alive and makes good power

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:11 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EF2 Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

how did you go with the AU ecu as im looking at doing this?

Cobra Motorsports

1996 EF2 Fairmont Ghia For Sale

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 8  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next