Fordmods Logo

PROJECT [STOJET] MY EL FAIRMONT AU11 V8 

Page 3 of 8 [ 114 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Post subject: Re: MY EL FAIRMONT SOON TO BE V8 TURBO
Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

VIC, Australia

Still trying to work it out mate not getting much help on this which makes it a little difficult thers a plus near the fuse holder on the right of the steering wheel i need to chase the wire back to the ecu which is being a pain.

If i had a diagram or if there was a sticky on this woudl be great

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:41 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EF2 Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

is the ecu smartshield or smartlock??

Cobra Motorsports

1996 EF2 Fairmont Ghia For Sale

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

No idea its au111 have to do some ringing around tommrow

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:07 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

ahhhk, that means it has Smartshield.... you can attempt to transplant this system into your EL, i'll be interested to watch if you do this. OR 'EMF' used to have a little black box that could fix it or... there are rumors that it can be flashed off... dont know how true they are and i've sent out a few emails / pm's to investigate this.

Cobra Motorsports

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

well car goes to the merchanics end of the week to finish fuel lines ps line a few other little things and then matt branch from bpr may be able to shed some light on the smartshield so we can get it to kick over

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:41 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

awesome mate, keep me upto date as im going to be following your path [au xr8 conversion that is... not turbo... yet :twisted: ]

Cobra Motorsports

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Just picked up a dominator convertor 3500.

Been deaging on with wiring loom but have managed to find someone who ill 90% confident he can disable smartshiels on ther standard loom.

So next few days i will endevour to put the auto pedal box back in and then just a matter of fuel lines and then off to the tuner to fiddle with the loom and get it started.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Good stuff dude,

Ive been that AU series 1 ecu dosent have smartsheild but not 100% sure

I asked the same question about using an AU ecy in a E series and a member msg me that apparently XH5LWEPN has a mate who done it.

E series ecu is good but its people do have trouble with chips of not reading or contact not good and so on hence why i think flash memory is great.

Also the guys on fordforums recon you can use a BA onwards ecu in a E series but it takes abit of mucking around and i personally dont see a huge benefit so stick to AU ecu.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

The guys thats doin it as there heaps more parameters in the au ecu over the el such things as removing the auto limp home mode to run my bigger convertor and modify shift points and firmness etc along with engine mods etc.

Starting to look towards a raptor at this stage as im only after around the 250rwk mark my work better and also being that ive just purchased di filippo 4-1's makes more sence and alot easier to install.

Will see how i progress. I have about 5 weeks till my lisence is back so will have to be up and runnign buy then.

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Is this going to be a daily driver???

You can do a T700 or AOD conversion to ur car and have it fully manualised valve body and not worry about BTR and all its electronics???

These guys are the only high performance AOD tranny builder in Australia that i know off and can build something that holds 500hp with converter for $4000.00 or there abouts

http://www.automatictransmission.com.au/default.asp

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Will be a daily for a little while then a weekender once the chargers on and different cam

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:57 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

stoj79 wrote:
The guys thats doin it as there heaps more parameters in the au ecu over the el such things as removing the auto limp home mode to run my bigger convertor and modify shift points and firmness etc along with engine mods etc.

Starting to look towards a raptor at this stage as im only after around the 250rwk mark my work better and also being that ive just purchased di filippo 4-1's makes more sence and alot easier to install.

Will see how i progress. I have about 5 weeks till my lisence is back so will have to be up and runnign buy then.

didnt you have a raptor on your 6 cyl before???????

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Sure did sold it this time last year to a guy in canberra. Best bang for buck i think with the setup ill have, simple to install and tune which is one thing i never did on the 6 cylinder setup but thats another story.

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:12 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

ok..
wether you go turbo or a raptor on the v8 i think the 250rwkw should fairly easy to get...

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Funds have dried up over christmas so not alot of work will be happening here intill money comes available.

Hoping to have it up and runnign for the ford day coming up in feb in geelong

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 8  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next