Fordmods Logo

PROJECT [STOJET] MY EL FAIRMONT AU11 V8 

Page 5 of 8 [ 114 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: MY EL FAIRMONT SOON TO BE V8 TURBO
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Good to see its all running well and its not often u see a conversion from a 6 to 8 in a E series.

How easy/hard was to wire in AU ecu and harness??? did u just buy 2nd hand harness and ecu and wire it in urself or electrician???

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

VIC, Australia

U need to know the right people otherwise ur chances of bypassing smartshield are near hopeless.

Having said that still a few things to iron out few more wires to do. Most auto elecs pretty much didnt want a bar of it when i mentioned what i was doin and basically told me how deep are your pockets as they said anywhere from 2k to get it all goin and even that wasnt a gaurentee.

Everything was taken from an xr8 III. So had all the necessary gear to start with.

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

if u use AU1 gear then theres no smart shield

Yeh most electricians would stear clean of this job as its abit hard but they want quick and easy money jobs which is fair enough but why pass a job if u can make money and have another customer.

So does the AU111 ecu control everything including dash, trans, aircon revs, power steering revs???

or do u still have he original ecu in place to do the rest and AU111 ecu just for engine???

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Just a bit of an update bought a few goodies last few weeks for the car

Purchased a trickflow track heat manifold of an aff member had it powder coated black and made up a sticker for trickflow to sit the right way on our aussie v8's

Also a tfs 1 cam and just waiting on valve springs

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU1 XR8

Nice looking manifold you got there mate is that comparable to the rpm2 manifold?

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Im guessing it would be bud, has had the lower half de bured and cleaned up so flow willnot be an issue.

Its all getting fitted on thursday

Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU1 XR8

Nice let us know seat of the pants feel ok m8.

Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Valve springs arrived today tommrow i go to pic up my hooker mufflers and the plan is get the new exhaust fitted wed then all the top end gear thursday then some time in the near future after thata re tune

Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

New exhaust was fitted up on wed twin 2.5 inch system with 2 2.5 inch venom 200cpi cats and 2 aerochamber mufflers then dumped at the diff

Finally heard the car come alive again today the cam manifold and valves and a double row timing chain all in sounds very grumpy havnt yet taken it for a spin still at the merchanics just has to do a pressurise test and see then how it goes

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Great work dude

Looks like everything is coming together well and should go well once its all tuned

The aerochamber mufflers will make it sound abit old school but i prefer the magnaflow sound.

Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

id be interested to see what power it makes with the gt40p's and track heat manifold. I was tempted to buy it at 600 but i wouldov needed to change cam resulting in me to notch pistons to take full effect of the operating range of the track heat.....

In n/a form the stock explorer would be a much better match to 5500rpm (with gt40p's) as the trackheat manifold would loose power/torque everywhere below 5500rpm..... However, the track heat will perform good when you add boost :). It flows about 260cfm as opposed to the explorer around 200-5cfm (so not only is the rpm range mismatched there also would be some loss of velocity happening with the much higher flowing manifold to the smaller flowing heads). Have a look around on corral about this topic, some good info about track heat on gt40p's.

Youl be making peak power around the 5500rpm with the tf1 cam. Id keep the explorer manifold on ya though, just in case your unhappy with the way power comes on....

Iv got gt40p's, explorer manifold and crow 621371 cam making 190rwk plus in an auto.... which is currently being changed atm with twisted wedge 170 alloys, ported explorer manifold (to flow over 250cfm) and raptor v supecharger.

Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

The plan down the track will be alloy heads then boost took it for a spin tonight seems to pull along pretty strong once the tunes done will see what comes of the results. The tfs1 is very very grumpy but i dont mind keeps everyone guessing at the lights.

Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Had the car on the dyno to checked afr's managed 175 un-tuned will sounds promising add some more timing lean out a few spots were its a little rich hope to aim for 185-190 once tuned.

Then will be looking at adding some boost to the mix mid august followed by some alloy head in october. Also next few weeks will be adding 3.9 diff gears to funk it up around town

Post subject: Re: MY EL FAIRMONT SOON TO BE V8
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Had the car on the dyno today, run into a few dramas that were yet to sort out first run is always great then it would drop off for every other run but up to 20-30rwk which was very strange . So we checked timing as we run the car up and instead of total timing to be 34deg it was 25 so for some reason the comp is leaning things out. :S best run was 183rwk so gained 8 from previous tune. But picked up more torque through the midrange.

Next step will be to get a bigger maf and tb for a re tune then wait til the blower comes on board.

If we can squeeze power to 190 would be real nice and a great base for boost.

More to come once a few more issues are sorted

Post subject: Re: MY EL FAIRMONT SOON TO BE V8
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

So the ECU was backing the timing off? What fuel were you running on the dyno run?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 8  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next