Fordmods Logo

PROJECT [STOJET] MY EL FAIRMONT AU11 V8 

Page 7 of 8 [ 114 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: PROJECT [STOJET] MY EL FAIRMONT AU11 V8
Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

VIC, Australia

Moved a little further with the interior last few days, still waiting on black carpet to arrive. So in the mean time ive removed the velour off the door trim and replaced it with perforated vinyl.

Also picked up rear seat today which is a ba xr6 leather/suede type in immac condition just needs a wipe down of the dust. The front wont trouble me to much fitting but the backs another matter, i have to make it work !!!!!

Also painted the dash yesturday which has come up quite good

pics below of how its coming together

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

jot some details down as you do the rear seat conversion and post them up, that rear seats will look good in any E series.

how did you go wiring up the AU V8 Alternator mate?
if i remember correctly the E series V8 alternators use 3 or 4 wires where as the AU V8 alternators use 2 wires at the plug?

any light you can shed on that would be good, cheers

Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Had a a friend wire up all the electronic side of things so not sure what was doen with the alternator

I was hoping someone has put a ba seat in the back of a ef/el will be tackling it on the weekend with some mates

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

I've done it in mine, some custom brackets for the seat back, something to help prop the seat base up and mount it to the floor, and gutting the side bolsters to fit over the wheel arches :P

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

do u have some pics mate of what u did to the base and the brackets also are u seats able to be split folded

cheers

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

stoj79 wrote:
Had a a friend wire up all the electronic side of things so not sure what was doen with the alternator

I was hoping someone has put a ba seat in the back of a ef/el will be tackling it on the weekend with some mates

see if you can find out how he wired up the alternator can you mate?
iv got an AU V8 alternator sitting here, i can mod the mounting points to suit but no idea about the wiring..

FTG have done it in one of their BA engine into E series test cars if i remember correctly, give them a call

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Just finished installing the door trims back on the car the pics dont do it justice looks fantastic

Hopefully will be removing interior and installing carpet and attempting the rear ba seat on the weekend fingers crossed

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:02 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Power: 120 rwkw

New Zealand

Holy f**k that looks really good. I actually think I might need to unsubscribe from this thread; I just don't think I will ever be happy with my EF fairmont V8 now.

Nice work stojet... maybe even a little bit to nice. :wink:

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

bottlejack15 wrote:
Holy f**k that looks really good. I actually think I might need to unsubscribe from this thread; I just don't think I will ever be happy with my EF fairmont V8 now.

Nice work stojet... maybe even a little bit to nice. :wink:

Hahaha i know that feeling, ya think ya car is pretty s**t hot, then take a quick peek in the garage section at some dudes new mod, and then look at your own car and think damn it, i wish mine had that.

The black interior looks f**k sweet dude, such a shame ford didn't do that colour originally!

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeh thanks guys pretty of homework to get the right look tryign different material etc glad that stage of it is over

heres a few more pics

Ive had this idea of doin this for about 6 months just was a matter of finding the time and motivation

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Nice work. Got any pics of the centre section of the dash and console?

Just to top it off, there's a new mob on ebay selling steering wheels for EF-AU. I've currently seen a woodgrain one and a carbon fibre one. The woodgrain is almost a perfect match for the LTD woodgrain trim. They're $250 but you have to get them wrapped in leather.

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeh ive seen that but its not in the gt wheel just plane wheel and ltd walnut effect once carpet goesd in tommorow i will put the ceneter console in and put the dash back togther sunday ill have a crack at the rear xr seat.

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Threw the carpet down and a few thigns throw in just to see how its gonna look

Still need to put underlay under the carpet attach the plastics to the carpet so it secures to the door step.

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

That does look good dude! Nice work. I'd love to have some color changes done to my Eb Ghia's leather interior, but can't justify the money, considering other projects need money spent on them too. :(

It's projects like this that keep us motivated to do more mods tho! Keep it up dude.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thanks torana guy jobs not done yet though seats will definately test my patients will seee how we go

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 8  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next