Fordmods Logo

Project XG-FPV DOHC Barra 182 

 

Page 10 of 11 [ 163 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: Project XG-FPV DOHC Barra 182
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:43 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 53

Posts: 5586

Joined: 14th Jan 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

There were a couple of guys on here that fitted ED/EF handles - see below. AU/BA will need the whole recess welded in.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

 

_________________

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project XG-FPV DOHC Barra 182
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:03 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Online
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 355

Joined: 16th May 2012

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

snap0964 wrote:
There were a couple of guys on here that fitted ED/EF handles - see below. AU/BA will need the whole recess welded in.

Ha thanks snap-that's actually where I got the idea from,I just like how flat the BA ones are (smooths the whole door)+having a cable to open the doors is very appealing,will take pics when I do it aswell :wink:

 

_________________

XG ute now powered with DOHC-BARRA 182/Tiger extractors/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter
Mods to come AU XR6 3:45.1 LSD/New wheels and full respray
the-garage-f53/project-xg-fpv-dohc-barra-182-t128753-60.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project XG-FPV DOHC Barra 182
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:29 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Online
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 355

Joined: 16th May 2012

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Will be having a better look at they way they work-may have to use a rod like MAD2 said,but yea taking templates from both doors to remove handle/recess and surrounding area from BA/BF and to cut the same from the XG doors to TIG back in :| -will definitely be a challenge :shock:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

 

_________________

XG ute now powered with DOHC-BARRA 182/Tiger extractors/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter
Mods to come AU XR6 3:45.1 LSD/New wheels and full respray
the-garage-f53/project-xg-fpv-dohc-barra-182-t128753-60.html

Last edited by johnnyeHCF on Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project XG-FPV DOHC Barra 182
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:09 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Online
User avatar

Posts: 2707

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

johnnyeHCF wrote:
Will be having a better look at they way they work-may have to use a rod like MAD2 said,but yea taking templates from both doors to remove handle/recess and surrounding area from BA/BF and to cut the same from the XG doors to TIG back in :| -will definitely be a challenge :shock:



havn't actually taken the BA doors apart yet to see if they are the exact same as AU. i'm presuming. before cutting work out what way the door snib/lock needs to work with handle. nothing worse than finding out something canna work after major surgery :mrgreen: . when fitting central locking to a car years ago i found that the actuating rods wouldn't work well with the way it was recommend to fit [on door snib buttons]. instead i actually ended up fitting straight to door lock [main mechanism had an extra connection that wasn't used] with a lot less hassles re operating it. but i had to make my own rod to make it all work
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project XG-FPV DOHC Barra 182
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:42 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Online
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 355

Joined: 16th May 2012

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Ok got some pics of both XG & BA outer door handles from inside the door,they are opposite side doors but I think this may work if I modify a BA rod to work with the XG locks.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

 

_________________

XG ute now powered with DOHC-BARRA 182/Tiger extractors/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter
Mods to come AU XR6 3:45.1 LSD/New wheels and full respray
the-garage-f53/project-xg-fpv-dohc-barra-182-t128753-60.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project XG-FPV DOHC Barra 182
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:25 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Online
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 355

Joined: 16th May 2012

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

On further inspection Even the locks and strikers it may be possible to modify them to work with the XG doors,the cable is for the inner door handles which I may be able to use on the XG inner handles with some slight modifying of course 8-)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

 

_________________

XG ute now powered with DOHC-BARRA 182/Tiger extractors/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter
Mods to come AU XR6 3:45.1 LSD/New wheels and full respray
the-garage-f53/project-xg-fpv-dohc-barra-182-t128753-60.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project XG-FPV DOHC Barra 182
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:42 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Online
User avatar

Posts: 2707

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project XG-FPV DOHC Barra 182
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:00 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Online
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 355

Joined: 16th May 2012

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Mad2 wrote:
awesome! ... pics make it look soo simple lol :shock:



Yea I agree :lol: but it does give some hope of it actually being doable and have XG doors that hopefully work as good as BA doors would definitely make it a worth while mod IMO 8-)

 

_________________

XG ute now powered with DOHC-BARRA 182/Tiger extractors/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter
Mods to come AU XR6 3:45.1 LSD/New wheels and full respray
the-garage-f53/project-xg-fpv-dohc-barra-182-t128753-60.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project XG-FPV DOHC Barra 182
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:01 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Online
User avatar

Posts: 2707

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

johnnyeHCF wrote:
Yea I agree :lol: but it does give some hope of it actually being doable and have XG doors that hopefully work as good as BA doors would definitely make it a worth while mod IMO 8-)



you do realise that the BA/BF doors are basically AU doors :roll: :mrgreen:


now all you have to do is work out what spot to put the handles :roll: :lol: can you change the ignition lock to later style tibbe or are they already tibbe ?? if they already are tibbe ..... why not change the door lock to the AU/BA/BF style too? ... less scratch of ya paint?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project XG-FPV DOHC Barra 182
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:56 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 53

Posts: 5586

Joined: 14th Jan 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

XG/XH are tibbe locks, and their system is basically same as EB-EL, with door handles modded to suit.
XF would've been harder as the locks are different, and the outside handle action is opposite.

Have a flick through BenJ's build thread (the index page 1) - IIRC there's pics of AU handles in EB doors.

 

_________________

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project XG-FPV DOHC Barra 182
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:23 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Online
User avatar

Posts: 2707

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
XG/XH are tibbe locks, and their system is basically same as EB-EL, with door handles modded to suit.
XF would've been harder as the locks are different, and the outside handle action is opposite.

Have a flick through BenJ's build thread (the index page 1) - IIRC there's pics of AU handles in EB doors.



didn't know if they were or not & XF would have needed a small lever to reverse the handle action
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project XG-FPV DOHC Barra 182
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:29 am 
Tyre Shredder
Online
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 355

Joined: 16th May 2012

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Mad2 wrote:
johnnyeHCF wrote:
Yea I agree :lol: but it does give some hope of it actually being doable and have XG doors that hopefully work as good as BA doors would definitely make it a worth while mod IMO 8-)



you do realise that the BA/BF doors are basically AU doors :roll: :mrgreen:


now all you have to do is work out what spot to put the handles :roll: :lol: can you change the ignition lock to later style tibbe or are they already tibbe ?? if they already are tibbe ..... why not change the door lock to the AU/BA/BF style too? ... less scratch of ya paint?


Yea door locks are the same as EB/ED so no need to change them,just the handles and maybe latch mech's & strikers,see how I go :roll:

 

_________________

XG ute now powered with DOHC-BARRA 182/Tiger extractors/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter
Mods to come AU XR6 3:45.1 LSD/New wheels and full respray
the-garage-f53/project-xg-fpv-dohc-barra-182-t128753-60.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project XG-FPV DOHC Barra 182
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:34 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Online
User avatar

Posts: 2707

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project XG-FPV DOHC Barra 182
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:04 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Online
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 355

Joined: 16th May 2012

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Mad2 wrote:
how did ya go with the :?:

Hey Mad2 ,did test them out a bit to see if it is possible but haven't done it yet till I work a few other bits out,heres a couple of pics of a mock fit of lock and inner handle,hows the manual barra coming along?,nearly done 11,000 kms since the conversion hey-very reliable ye ol ute :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

 

_________________

XG ute now powered with DOHC-BARRA 182/Tiger extractors/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter
Mods to come AU XR6 3:45.1 LSD/New wheels and full respray
the-garage-f53/project-xg-fpv-dohc-barra-182-t128753-60.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project XG-FPV DOHC Barra 182
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:17 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Online
User avatar

Posts: 2707

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

johnnyeHCF wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
how did ya go with the :?:



Hey Mad2 ,did test them out a bit to see if it is possible but haven't done it yet till I work a few other bits out, heres a couple of pics of a mock fit of lock and inner handle,hows the manual barra coming along?,nearly done 11,000 kms since the conversion hey-very reliable ye ol ute :)



pics look goood! .... manual barra & manual AU .. both the same lol ... nothing done yet :roll: older i get .............. the slower .... i get's . . . . :lol: picked up a few parts for the wagooon. wanna see it run :x
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 10 of 11  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:35 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names