Fordmods Logo

Project XG-FPV DOHC Barra 182 

Page 11 of 30 [ 449 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 30  Next

Post subject: Re: Project XG-FPV DOHC Barra 182
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:17 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

johnnyeHCF wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
how did ya go with the :?:

Hey Mad2 ,did test them out a bit to see if it is possible but haven't done it yet till I work a few other bits out, heres a couple of pics of a mock fit of lock and inner handle,hows the manual barra coming along?,nearly done 11,000 kms since the conversion hey-very reliable ye ol ute :)

pics look goood! .... manual barra & manual AU .. both the same lol ... nothing done yet :roll: older i get .............. the slower .... i get's . . . . :lol: picked up a few parts for the wagooon. wanna see it run :x

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Hey guys, have been working on the new harness, sorted out the 4-speed auto glitch and added a relay for the wideband AFR gauge plus outputs to read the sensors with the SSI4 and pocket data logger, should tidy up the engine bay alot, I also painted the rocker cover on my spare barra 182 (which was the original engine I planned on using in the ute) I'm considering going manual with a EF T5 or using the BA 5 speed with hydraulic clutch ,will see how it goes when I start prepping for paint, here's some pics.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Last edited by johnnyeHCF on Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Hey guys, long time no upyadate,so still driving the ute with only a couple of upgrades -one being a PWR trans cooler and new steering wheel and blinged shifter,ute has done around 25,000 kms but it does have some rather major rust in the back tray (in front of petrol tank is a huge bloody hole) and a few smaller bits,so I had been looking for a rust free X-series ute for a while but all the utes I looked at had rust in the usual places-that is until I found an Nissan XF that had absolutely no rust and all the panels are straight as-has been taken back to metal etch primed and undercoated-has been lowered to low with king springs front and reset leafs in back + a XH XR8 3:45 LSD has been fited aswell ,so the process starts full paint job and barra conversion (fully engineered) so am going BF engine this time using a late BF EGAS motor but run on 95/98 pulp (sump modded for turbo drain for later upgrade) and have a choice of either ef T5,BA T5z, 4-speed auto or zf 6-speed auto,am leaning towards the ef T5 mainly because its an almost new box with new cube shifter fitted and have a new xtreme clutch kit for it and the simlicity factor,good thing is I have nearly all the parts I need besides a new body rubber kit so hopeffully end up with a bloody nice ute :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by johnnyeHCF on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:06 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Thanks mad, has anyone tried using a boss 260 TB on a XR6T or a BA/BF I6 I know that the bolt pattern is different and standard TB is going from 75mm ID to nearly 85mm ID,I would imagine that this may be of benefit to a worked XR6T-maybe :shock:
Got a airbox from a BA XR8 to use with the XF(with a K&N filter)-should be good as my big pod and a sealed unit getting air from beside the radiator.

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:06 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

johnnyeHCF wrote:
Thanks mad, has anyone tried using a boss 260 TB on a XR6T or a BA/BF I6 I know that the bolt pattern is different and standard TB is going from 75mm ID to nearly 85mm ID,I would imagine that this may be of benefit to a worked XR6T-maybe :shock:
Got a airbox from a BA XR8 to use with the XF(with a K&N filter)-should be good as my big pod and a sealed unit getting air from beside the radiator.

File comment: Fixed up my XR6 headights-painted the frames and got new cupes and rings.

no probs maaaate :lol: are those the factory or twinlight units :?: they look similar to mine that's all. & no idea re tb.

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Not 100% sure to be honest,got the cups & rings and the indicator lenses from twinlight-is there a way to tell the difference?

P.s you can get new semi sealed light kits for these aswell :wink:

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:24 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

johnnyeHCF wrote:
Not 100% sure to be honest,got the cups & rings and the indicator lenses from twinlight-is there a way to tell the difference?

P.s you can get new semi sealed light kits for these aswell :wink:

as i said .. look similar to mine & refer to your reply :mrgreen:

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:59 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

All the XR6 lights were hella units, no aftermarket replacements. They had reflector high beams, projector low beams.
Was it you Mad that had those twin reflector style lights - I've seen a couple of those type, they weren't twinlight, and they predated the XR6 type lights I think. Maybe they were aftermarket units for an EA or whatever. I'm not sure whether the XG XR6's got the same headlight setup as the EBII XR6's.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

snap0964 wrote:
All the XR6 lights were hella units, no aftermarket replacements. They had reflector high beams, projector low beams.
Was it you Mad that had those twin reflector style lights - I've seen a couple of those type, they weren't twinlight, and they predated the XR6 type lights I think. Maybe they were aftermarket units for an EA or whatever. I'm not sure whether the XG XR6's got the same headlight setup as the EBII XR6's.

Yea the replacements I got for mine are Autopal units semi sealed reflector units-and the old ones inthere were autopal aswell,there actually the same as the early holdens with twin style lights,so Im only assuming that these may not be original lights

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:37 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

snap0964 wrote:

maybe snap? ... i was talkin about the ED XR lights & had previously mentioned the Twinlights.

these are [i believe] aftermarket Twinlights [which remind me of yours johnnyeHCF]

these are factory ED XR lights

totally differant lights with plastic bases not metal as per 2nd pic above..

also can someone let me know if the pics work ..... thanks :mrgreen:

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:21 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Yeah, pics work. You can see an Autopal logo on that headlight. And you can see on the EB/ED the indicators are separate, as opposed to the XG's.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:37 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

johnnyeHCF wrote:
snap0964 wrote:

Yea the replacements I got for mine are Autopal units semi sealed reflector units-and the old ones inthere were autopal aswell,there actually the same as the early holdens with twin style lights,so Im only assuming that these may not be original lights

Autopal are also used on Valiants as replacements. so yep it's all aftermarket

snap0964 wrote:
Yeah, pics work.

thanks snap.

snap0964 wrote:
You can see an Autopal logo on that headlight. And you can see on the EB/ED the indicators are separate, as opposed to the XG's.

aftermarket & factory on the EB-ED have seperate indicators. the differance appears to be the material of the light frames. aftermarket = steel frames & factory = plastic frames [all xr from EB/ED to AU - i'm not including BA-FG coz they use plastic anyway], far as i know the lights were glass front with a metal base.

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Hey guys, so got my new engine mounts for the XF today-decided to go with the Castlemaine Rod shop Heavy duty mounts and have to admit they are really good (power rating on these would be pretty high) especially for the price compared to Tuff mounts or the RRS mounts,I'm still a bit undecided about what transmission to use atm-the rod shop make a crossmember trans mount for the ZF and I have a good standard Falcon 6-speed with torque converter + engine to box wiring but the ecu/pcm I have is from a XR6,can anyone tell me if there's a difference between the mechatronics from a standard falcon and the XR6 n/a ZF's?

May have to start a new build thread for the XF-well maybe???

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Just thought I'd update on the XF build -may start a new build thread soon,never got as far as I wanted with the XG as it was always on the road (daily driver),have got a BF series 2 EGAS engine to boost which I'll be pairing with a EF T5/AU bell,UPC big brake kit 330mm front and will be using a AU ute diff lsd for the rear with wilwood twin piston calipers to match offset at front.
Nearly ready to paint the engine bay and rocker cover to match.

Sort by  
 Page 11 of 30  [ 449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 30  Next