Fordmods Logo

RobDog's EL Falcon Turbo - alternator charging issue 

Page 13 of 17 [ 254 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post subject: Re: RobDog's EL Falcon Sapphire Turbo
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL Sapphire

VIC, Australia

stelios wrote:
awsome build dude 8-)

Thanks mate its been a while to get it all done but very close now :D

'98 EL Turbo Falcon Sapphire
With custom everything..

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef XR6t

QLD, Australia

Where are you getting it tuned?

Yeh about the pedders coilovers, have you looked into them much? Do you know what the rears are like? Are they just an adjustable shock or is there someway of making them height adjustable without changing springs? The guy at pedders quoted me a bit over 1900 ish for the set of four. I think that's trade price...

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/ef-turbo-build-t103080.html

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

xr6_corbin wrote:

Yeh about the pedders coilovers, have you looked into them much? Do you know what the rears are like? Are they just an adjustable shock or is there someway of making them height adjustable without changing springs? The guy at pedders quoted me a bit over 1900 ish for the set of four. I think that's trade price...

Mate, jump on BoostedFalcon. there is a group buy on XYZ Coilovers for $1250! Height adjustable!

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

67RCE wrote:
xr6_corbin wrote:

Mate, jump on BoostedFalcon. there is a group buy on XYZ Coilovers for $1250! Height adjustable!

Yeah had a look at that. Have heard good things about the pedders coilovers though. Has anyone tried these xyz ones? I seen the front set advertised on eBay a while back for these. Just not sure how good build quality would be. Not saying they won't be of good quality. Just never heard of anyone using them before.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:18 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

67RCE wrote:
xr6_corbin wrote:

Yeah Ive been following that thread. Dont sound too bad but im not up for getting some just yet but Ill be interested to hear peoples feed back on them.

With custom everything..

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:57 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AUIII Fairmont

wow thats mean you earnt my first post on these forums haha
i reckon some nice shiny rims and take the spoiler off :P

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

trip wrote:
wow thats mean you earnt my first post on these forums haha
i reckon some nice shiny rims and take the spoiler off :P

Yeah, Im pretty happy with the Typhoon rims at the moment. Not a big fan of chrome ones.

Well as it stands at the moment its at the tuner. I had to leave it there for a few days unfortunately as its about 3 hours from where i live but will hopefully be picking it up next weekend.
Had to sort out a few issues to do with wiring but pretty sure its all sorted now and the tuner is setting up all the cold starts and making sure its got good driveability and cruising.
It saw a little bit of dyno time but hasnt had its full power tune yet. I was talking to the tuner and at the moment its seeing about 6.5 psi without the electronic boost controller hooked up.
Will be going back onto the dyno soon hopefully to see what it can do :P
Cannot wait to get it back and start driving it! :twisted:

With custom everything..

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

How much boost will the final tune have? I'll be interested to see how much it makes with the GT 4202. Do you know how much power 6.5 psi made?

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:07 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Not sure yet how much the final tune will have. Will sort that out with the tuner before they do it. They were getting some cruise mixtures and stuff right to start with and no I'm not sure what it made on 6.5 psi. Will talk to them today and hopefully sort some of those questions out..

With custom everything..

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Well Im pretty happy with how things turned out for a while but at the same time we had a bit of a set back.

It got tuned up on the dyno using just the wastegate and was making about 230 rwkw on 6 psi. :)
This was pretty good we thought but we decided to plug in the electronic boost controller and see if we could get it going good at about 8-9 psi.

Unfortunately while trying to get it to control the boost it was seeing some high pressures and blew head gasket out and we had to stop. A bit of a pain but s**t happens.

The head gasket was done about 2 years ago and I thought an AU MLS was used but when we checked it it turns out it was only a composite one. :x

It has the tune for 6 psi so I will do the head gasket and should be able to drive it on 6 psi just using the wastegate...
So fingers crossed it doesnt take me very long and i will be driving it soon!!

With custom everything..

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Ah that's a bummer mate, Good power figure for 6 psi! Should get it back on the dyno once you do the head gasket! What clutch you using?

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Yeah I was pretty happy with that when we got to it. It will be back on the dyno when its done and probably use a manual boost controller to up the boost a little bit instead of trying to use the electronic one since it didnt go so well last time :lol:
No clutch... its an auto haha. A clutch will come later on one day.

With custom everything..

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

RobDog wrote:
Yeah I was pretty happy with that when we got to it. It will be back on the dyno when its done and probably use a manual boost controller to up the boost a little bit instead of trying to use the electronic one since it didnt go so well last time :lol:
No clutch... its an auto haha. A clutch will come later on one day.

Haha I feel stupid now! What boost controller do you have? Electronic controllers are the ducks nuts! What did it spike to on the dyno?

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:54 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Haha. Its an inbuilt one in the ECU. Would be great if we had got it to stay at a lower boost.
It was hitting about 15 psi. Had a few runs at this level but the head gasket didnt like it much after a while :lol:

With custom everything..

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Oh ok, you should get an eboost. I've got one and no spiking problems whatsoever. Holds boost perfectly. Only boost variations is between hot and cold weather but only varies about 0.3psi at most Definatly recommend them! It will also come on a bit better with an electronic one than a boost tee.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Sort by  
 Page 13 of 17  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next