Fordmods Logo

Skinbag project 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Skinbag project
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:37 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford el falcon futura

QLD, Australia

Hey started this topic to share my baby and also get some hints/tips or help as I want to look after her and approve her looks and performance of my forgotten gen falcon.

I bought the car for $200 off my partners mum as she was told the transmission was buggered and was gonna cost more to fix then the cars worth so she was just gonna drive it into the ground and sell it to the wreakers my car dead set (charade) died a week earlier and needed a car to get to work so I told her ill pay what the wreakers will and do the Job for her, 2 weeks later I went to a mates place and told him about it and we had a look at the car and problems, main was trans auto, oil leak (6 litres a fortnight), and water leak. And a few little things mainly cosmetic, we pulled the transmission pan off and about 1 litre of oil came out.....$80 later trans like new, pulled rocker cover off he said that's the cleanest looking engine he's seen lol redone the gasket no problems topped up and new filter and air filter finally found the water leak which is heater hose and will be done this week.

Post subject: Re: Skinbag project
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:33 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Oh and I wish a had the old brake pads and rotors fronts dead set nothing at all maybe another week and the rotors would of been into the slits around the middle, ill get some pics up sometime today/tomorrow just working mainly cosmetic now and waiting for my driving cameras to come in to put roof lining back in. If anyone knows a way to paint the plastics I would like to know how and if anyone's done the seat fabric how many meters did you need to do it? That's mainly what I need to know at this point in time thanks.

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford

VIC, Australia

Welcome to fordmods mate...Great to have you here.

Sounds like a great project. What car is it and have you got any pics?

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:19 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Hey it's a el falcon futura I'm gonna try and get some photos up today, got my dash camera yesterday so I can start to get my roof lining fixed new fabric/foam and back in.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]