Fordmods Logo

SLO247's EF Fairmont-Now with more Concordes 

Page 7 of 10 [ 147 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post subject: Re: SLO247's EF Fairmont
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Here is the latest on the fairmont, for KWIKXR. I've added the new style Ghia badges, put the original moulds back on until I find the bumper ones to match, and polished the lips on the wheels. Not long ago I replaced the headlights too. I need to lower the back more, I may take out the spring insulators and see what happens. New wheels and springs are also on the cards soonish, along with different numberplates. I'm going to try to find a polishing attachment for the drill so I can do the wheels more.

This is just to show everybody the EF Ghia optional Leather/Velour trim. S1 had this standard and full leather optional, S2 was the opposite. They did the same with the EL Ghia too, didn't look right with the trim pattern in them though.

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

That is one clean looking Fairmont 8-). Should look very nice once the clear repeaters and moulds go back on eventually. Has a classy look with the chrome striping IMO so with front and rear striping to match it should set it off nicely.. Love the tint job it had done on it, looks like 5% when it's in the dark :lol:

What rims do you plan on getting? For reason i think i remember you mentioning FTR's?

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

I would swap these wheels for FTR's, or a set of Concordes.

I'm thinking maybe Apec Apaches in black, or ANZ Tycoons. I'd like to go with black wheels with a chrome/polished lip.

I'm liking the EF Side moulds at the moment, has a clean original look. I want to put the clear repeaters on but they look retarded with the EF Moulds.

Today I pulled the towbar tongue off, and moved the towbar plug to the boot, looks better too.

Really need to get some mesh and make a replica FBT grille too, should look awesome with that, and the chrome moulds.

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

I'm on the gold coast on holiday at the moment. Should be taking FordFairmonts concordes home with me too. There are some nice cars up here, a yard nearby has a very mint looking Regency red EL XR for $4k.

Before I left, I picked up a shallow mount 8" Pioneer free air sub, and mounted it to the shelf using an MDF spacer, some nuts and bolts and rubber washers. What else can I do to stop it rattling the shelf? Sounds like crap. The stock 5x7's in our AU XR6 sound better, can manage some bass reproduction and produce no rattling...

Also got some 6.5" Alpine Type R Coaxials. Tips on getting them into the front doors? Then the Pioneer Coaxials in the doors can go into the shelf.

I think I'd also like to get some EF Mont velour seats for it. The 50/50 trim is so ugly, and the back seat leather is starting to go a bit hard, and looks s**t. I'll badge the car as a regular Fairmont. It sucks having the S1 and missing out on the extra bits.

In other news, my neighbours kindly enlarged a dent on the rear drivers door, so now that looks s**t too. :roll:

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:31 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EFII Fairmont XR8

TAS, Australia

SLO247 wrote:
I'm on the gold coast on holiday at the moment. Should be taking FordFairmonts concordes home with me too. There are some nice cars up here, a yard nearby has a very mint looking Regency red EL XR for $4k.

Before I left, I picked up a shallow mount 8" Pioneer free air sub, and mounted it to the shelf using an MDF spacer, some nuts and bolts and rubber washers. What else can I do to stop it rattling the shelf? Sounds like crap. The stock 5x7's in our AU XR6 sound better, can manage some bass reproduction and produce no rattling...

Also got some 6.5" Alpine Type R Coaxials. Tips on getting them into the front doors? Then the Pioneer Coaxials in the doors can go into the shelf.

I think I'd also like to get some EF Mont velour seats for it. The 50/50 trim is so ugly, and the back seat leather is starting to go a bit hard, and looks s**t. I'll badge the car as a regular Fairmont. It sucks having the S1 and missing out on the extra bits.

In other news, my neighbours kindly enlarged a dent on the rear drivers door, so now that looks s**t too. :roll:

6.5's should fit? I fitted a pair of JVC'c to my front which were badged as 6"-6.5" and they went straight in.

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

I think it depends on the size of the basket, I have tried them in the shelf but they didn't quite sit flush, so probably wont in the doors. Might try some MDF spacers if it will all sit under the door trims still. Will also have to make sure the glass doesn't hit the magnets, it will f**k the tint.

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:01 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

So you got FordFairmonts concordes :lol: Are you going to keep them that colour or paint them mate?

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Was going to bring them back, would have been too hard though. He is an excellent guy to deal with though.

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:09 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Must be for sale again then :)

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:20 pm 
SA Cruise Moderator

Ride: Ford Ed

SA, Australia

Some 6.5inch fit some don't!!

My soundstream ones didn't fit in my ED so we made hole a little bigger..

Adelaide E Series

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

I may just use some tin snips and roll the lip back a bit, if the magnets won't hit the windows. Thanks for the tip. :D

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:34 pm 
SA Cruise Moderator

SA, Australia

SLO247 wrote:
I may just use some tin snips and roll the lip back a bit, if the magnets won't hit the windows. Thanks for the tip. :D

Yea thats what we did. will get pics tomorrow if wanted??

Adelaide E Series

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Sounds good, thanks. :D

When is the rest of this cappa interior going in?

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:02 pm 
SA Cruise Moderator

SA, Australia

Started doing.. all i need to do now is the loom and dash!!!

Will go out htere now and get a pic for ya..

Adelaide E Series

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Should look nice. I have an EL Ghia woodgrain/chrome shifter surround here that would fit in well. You can have it for $50. In any case be sure to get pics of it all up. There are some Chrome handles with cappa surrounds for sale on here too.

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 10  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next