Fordmods Logo

SLO247's EL Futura Manual 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: SLO247's EL Futura Manual
Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 2091

Joined: 3rd Apr 2008

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

The EL is a Jan 98, Factory T5 and 3.23 LSD, Galaxy Blue and with the Hybrid Motor.

Has:
Pacemaker 4499's
2.5" Mandrel Bent catback, EL XR6 tip, to fit the factory kit
King Superlows, Monroe GT Gas Shocks
System with Pioneer Deck, Alpine Type R Coaxials, rears unplugged, Monoblock and Pioneer 12" DVC in sealed box
17" BA2 XR8 Copies
Tint
Tickford Snorkel, Opened up Intake tube


All I have done so far is polish the headlights, chuck the stereo in and change the steering wheel, twas proper f**k.

I'm going to slowly muck around with it, make it look better, quicker, muck around with the interior. The usual s**t.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Last edited by SLO247 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SLO247's Garage
Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6166

Joined: 8th May 2007

as much as i reckon EF tailights look better, against that nice blue the orange ones suit it perfectly

oh and VCT for the win !!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SLO247's Garage
Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2477

Joined: 10th Mar 2007

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

Location: Auckland
New Zealand

Mate, that is a pretty sweet EL!! Awesome colour, i can almost see how good this thing would look with a Fairmont front end :mrgreen:

Nice AU too, looks very tidy. Should look great when it's sitting a little lower 8-)

 

_________________

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SLO247's Garage
Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 4326

Joined: 30th Oct 2006

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

Location: Grafton
NSW, Australia

Thats the one you swapped? Certainly looks clean enough!

 

_________________

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SLO247's Garage
Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:39 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 2091

Joined: 3rd Apr 2008

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

FordFairmont wrote:
as much as i reckon EF tailights look better, against that nice blue the orange ones suit it perfectly

oh and VCT for the win !!


I agree, but I reckon the EF ones would look good against this colour too.

KWIKXR wrote:
Mate, that is a pretty sweet EL!! Awesome colour, i can almost see how good this thing would look with a Fairmont front end :mrgreen:

Nice AU too, looks very tidy. Should look great when it's sitting a little lower 8-)


Thanks. I reckon an EL XR Front would look sweet too?

krisisdog wrote:
Thats the one you swapped? Certainly looks clean enough!


Yep, this is the one mate. I want to pull the gas off, should be a different car. You have a manual, do you reckon this should go pretty well? Has a Hybrid Motor, PH4499s, 2.5 Mandrel Bent exhaust, and the big snorkel. I reckon I might steal some of your interior ideas too. :D
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SLO247's EL Futura Manual
Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 2091

Joined: 3rd Apr 2008

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

I've been playing with the EL.

I removed the gas system, and advanced the timing. Had to change the balancer because it was spun, but got it all sorted. Had to replace so much stuff that was drilled/hacked for the gas install. :?

Fitted an EL XR6 6TAC ECU.

Its like a different car, goes really good :D Lots of fun to drive, the diff is tight and it skates nice :D

We tried a 0-100 time, got 7.75 Seconds with a very slippery launch. Is that any good? Redbook says 8.2 for a stock EL Manual, its done 260K so I figure its going ok :D

Also got some fun bits today to put in. Will have fun tomorrow arvo.

-XR Wheel and Black cruise buttons, EL XR Style
-EL Police Cluster, so when I get diff gears I can adjust the speedo.
-A Fairmont Bootlid Liner, to cover the sound deadening
-Trip Computer
-Footwell lights
-Fairmont Console Lid
-EF Tail-lights! Will look heaps better.
-AU Rocker Cover-Part way through polishing. The factory EL one has actually gone Porous in a few spots, and weeps oil through the casting, haven't seen that before :shock: . Its a pity because its the mintest one I have seen otherwise :cry: .

Also going to remove the towbar, and pull out the headlights and polish the s**t out of them, want them to be properly clear.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SLO247's EL Futura Manual
Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2477

Joined: 10th Mar 2007

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

Location: Auckland
New Zealand

Nice scoring!! Lots of goodies there man, should look great once everything is put into the EL :mrgreen:. It's amazing what a few small changes can do for the look and feel of the car aye :D

Which ratio diff gears are you looking at fitting?

 

_________________

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SLO247's Garage
Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 4326

Joined: 30th Oct 2006

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

Location: Grafton
NSW, Australia

SLO247 wrote:
krisisdog wrote:
Thats the one you swapped? Certainly looks clean enough!


Yep, this is the one mate. I want to pull the gas off, should be a different car. You have a manual, do you reckon this should go pretty well? Has a Hybrid Motor, PH4499s, 2.5 Mandrel Bent exhaust, and the big snorkel. I reckon I might steal some of your interior ideas too. :D


Musta missed this post lol. Yes it will go pretty well as you've found out by now. I've just got a stock motor in mine atm with the same basic mods and it still goes well enough. Go for your life with the interior mods, IMO it brings it a bit more up-to-date than the blue-grey over... blue-grey lol. That and black doesnt look tacky like spraying the dash in whatever your exterior colour is :lol:

Should throw a cam in it, billet AU cams are back in stock I do believe, will certainly liven things up again.

List of goodies looks good too man, guessing you're gunna spray the airbag cover black as well? I used satin black VHT on mine, theres no way you'd want to go gloss!
Should spray the rocker cover and then polish the fins and writing, you're a keen man to polish the whole thing.

 

_________________

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SLO247's EL Futura Manual
Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 2091

Joined: 3rd Apr 2008

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

KWIKXR wrote:
Nice scoring!! Lots of goodies there man, should look great once everything is put into the EL :mrgreen:. It's amazing what a few small changes can do for the look and feel of the car aye :D

Which ratio diff gears are you looking at fitting?


I have it all in now, I'll take some pics later, and go for a drive to test the new wheel :D

Footwell lights aren't working though for some reason.

I'm not sure what Diff gears would be good behind a T5. I'm thinking 3.7s should be around the sweet spot, to get some extra go.

Just found a leaky injector too, so should go a bit better and save some fuel once I fix that, I'll go get some O-rings.

krisisdog wrote:
SLO247 wrote:
krisisdog wrote:
Thats the one you swapped? Certainly looks clean enough!


Yep, this is the one mate. I want to pull the gas off, should be a different car. You have a manual, do you reckon this should go pretty well? Has a Hybrid Motor, PH4499s, 2.5 Mandrel Bent exhaust, and the big snorkel. I reckon I might steal some of your interior ideas too. :D


Musta missed this post lol. Yes it will go pretty well as you've found out by now. I've just got a stock motor in mine atm with the same basic mods and it still goes well enough. Go for your life with the interior mods, IMO it brings it a bit more up-to-date than the blue-grey over... blue-grey lol. That and black doesnt look tacky like spraying the dash in whatever your exterior colour is :lol:

Should throw a cam in it, billet AU cams are back in stock I do believe, will certainly liven things up again.

List of goodies looks good too man, guessing you're gunna spray the airbag cover black as well? I used satin black VHT on mine, theres no way you'd want to go gloss!
Should spray the rocker cover and then polish the fins and writing, you're a keen man to polish the whole thing.


I just threw it in as it was. I was thinking of doing the facia EL GT style, I have a spare here. If I do I'll do the airbag too.

Yeah it goes good, lots of fun. Still got a few more little things to do to hopefully get a bit more out, then its diff gears and a Cam next hopefully. Feel free not to answer this as I could always search, but what Cam would you reccomend? Still want it driveable, rough idle is fine though :D
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SLO247's EL Futura Manual
Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2477

Joined: 10th Mar 2007

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

Location: Auckland
New Zealand

3.7's should add a bit more fun into the equation for sure. With those gears I'd probably go straight for the AU equivalent of the e-series 977b then get a J3 dyno tuned to get the most out of it.

Jeez it must be awesome having a T5, I'm sooo over my s**t-house auto right now :lol:

 

_________________

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SLO247's EL Futura Manual
Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 2091

Joined: 3rd Apr 2008

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

It would be awesome if it idled properly.

Its just gone back to idling s**t. I have changed the ECU, and a brand new ISC and its started AGAIN!

Its perfect for a while, then after a while it starts holding the revs up at 1500 then 2500 then 3000.

It won't start without opening the throttle a bit either.

Idles fine without the ISC connected, still won't start without throttle though....

I really want it to all work properly :( I'm cracking the s**t pretty bad now.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SLO247's EL Futura Manual
Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 4326

Joined: 30th Oct 2006

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

Location: Grafton
NSW, Australia

Dunno what your starting issues could be... perhaps a dodgy TPS?
Might just have to just bump up the idle via the screw and live without the ISC if a different TPS makes no difference.

You should have 3.23s in your car atm, I'd assume EL futura's got the same diff as EF futura's, so I would go 3.7s as suggested. I got 3.45s as they were cheap and the diff was LSD and is still fairly tight.
As for the cam, perhaps a CT007 845 or 842B from Camtech Cams or a 977B equiv. from Wade. I had a 1673 and really it was a baby cam.
You'll need some bigger valve springs and probably a vernier gear to go with any cam, as well as a J3 chip to get the most out of it.

 

_________________

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SLO247's EL Futura Manual
Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:07 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 22

Posts: 209

Joined: 22nd Jun 2010

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1992 Ford Fairmont

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

What's the name of the colour?? It looks pretty good.
Nice car keep up the good work.
Thanks

 

_________________

2000 AU Falcon - 17" BA XR6 Turbo's, 2.5" Catback exhaust...
1992 EB Fairmont - Stock!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SLO247's EL Futura Manual
Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 2091

Joined: 3rd Apr 2008

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

krisisdog wrote:
Dunno what your starting issues could be... perhaps a dodgy TPS?
Might just have to just bump up the idle via the screw and live without the ISC if a different TPS makes no difference.

You should have 3.23s in your car atm, I'd assume EL futura's got the same diff as EF futura's, so I would go 3.7s as suggested. I got 3.45s as they were cheap and the diff was LSD and is still fairly tight.
As for the cam, perhaps a CT007 845 or 842B from Camtech Cams or a 977B equiv. from Wade. I had a 1673 and really it was a baby cam.
You'll need some bigger valve springs and probably a vernier gear to go with any cam, as well as a J3 chip to get the most out of it.


I might try a TPS actually, thanks. I'll have a look at those cams in a minute.


92EBFAIRMONT wrote:
What's the name of the colour?? It looks pretty good.
Nice car keep up the good work.
Thanks

Its Galaxy Blue, an AU Colour. Thanks :D
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:42 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names