sLowlane's 93 NC Fairlane 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: sLowlane's 93 NC Fairlane
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:19 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: NC Fairlane

QLD, Australia

So a few months back I was in need of a new daily driver as the au falcon was all clapped out... Was my bush basher/ drift pig as well as daily lol. I came across the NC at a mates, scored a bargain with it setting me back $600 and a carton of piss :lol: After replacing the engine mounts and harmonic balancer I had a smooth 5 litre and a nice registered daily. It was still grandpa spec at this point with standard height suspension, stocko's and a quiet exhaust system. Cardinal red with grey plastic bumpers, the paint was still quite nice but had a few blemishes.

After a couple of weeks on 15 inch stocko's I decided it needed some new wheels, a couple of hours drive later I ended up with a set of 18 inch chrome advanti volts for $300. Some changes were made to the sound system with 12 inch woofers in the trunk 6x9 in the rear and 6 's up front and a new pioneer head unit. It was time for the tow bar and bumper to go after that so I set about it deciding if I was to get a new rear bumper painted I might as well play around with some new colour options. I decided that colour coded bumpers would be the go but had trouble with the chrome strip being cracked and peeling.

Had the exhaust rearranged after noticing it wasn't putting out the tone it should be, the 2.5 exhaust now features a hot dog in replacement of the original muffler and is sporting a new chrome tip for wank factor. I had received quite a few comments on how high the car was and had enough so bought some super lows but have been advised not to lift anything after having appendicitis. The day after my surgery I picked up a new bonnet which caught my attention on eBay, the new look will have a ba/bf bulge in the front. Also picked up a few carbon fiber paint job bits and pieces, cowl, wipers and grill. I will be uploading some pics very shortly

sLowlane

Post subject: Re: sLowlane's 93 NC Fairlane
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:23 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

So, this is where the old girl started.

Attachment:
IMG_1201.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_1200.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_1195.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_1197.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_1194.jpg

This is how it still remains until I figure out what I want to do, I now no longer care about the chrome strips and will be having the whole lot colour coded as every other option has come up short or looks tacky. New suspension, bonnet, coloured door handles and many other changes are still waiting to be done. Also have found the right badges for front guard instead of the tickford badges that came with it :shock: The front gaurd will be replaced just before paint as a previous owner ran spacers for au offset rims and lost a wheel going down the highway.... not much wrong considering. For a while now it has looked like a work in progress but after a couple of months and a lick of paint it will be a whole different car. Limp mode on the gearbox stills plagues me with problems though, when driving somedays it'll run like a dream and shift perfectly. Other days not so much, won't get 5 metres out of the driveway and it's hit limp mode :x More up to date pictures to come....

sLowlane

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:21 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Have found the source of my problems, the gearbox has been scanned multiple times with no code appearing and no faults either :? After a few more thoughts the solenoids have been the cause of all my trouble :x so come Monday the box will be apart for a service and each solenoid will be tested and no more limp mode :D Fingers crossed!

sLowlane

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:06 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

With powercruise this weekend thought I'd do a few more mods and get the lane ready for a cruise out to qr. Now sitting a lot lower with a few cosmetic changes, the little things make a big difference :) closer to what i want, it's a good cruiser at the moment.

Attachment:
IMG_1224.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_1238.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_1242.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_1244.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:59 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Springs settled in and back from powercruise now find that I'm getting a knock when fully loaded and it's not bottoming out or bump stops like I thought :? Not sure if anybody else has problems with superlows on an NC Fairlane?

Attachment:
IMG_1253.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_1254.JPG

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:03 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

So an update after a while, had a carpark accident recently with my parked car being run into :cry: but luckily he didn't drive off so now the rear bumper is dead, my fiberglass backing broken, panel damaged and my supports are broken. While this is all getting fixed the rest of the car will be touched up and brought back to life and the bonnet will finally get some paint :) loving the ba bulge and will look a treat with some cardinal red splashed across it. Until then I'm stuck in my multi colored au with bare metal and bog showing everywhere :roll: bad timing as it was set for paint soon...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]