Fordmods Logo

Switch's 96 Ford Falcon EF GLI 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Switch's 96 Ford Falcon EF GLI
Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:08 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 1997 Ford Falcon EL Futura

NSW, Australia

Hi guys. This is my first post on these forums but have been regularly visiting and reading many of the very informative and interesting threads. An awesome website. Kudos to all of its contributers.

So a little background first i suppose. My name is Dallas Im 25 currently studying diploma in I.T at tafe and am still on my damn L's however i like to think my driving skills are pretty decent and im just about ready to go for my P's but what good is your P's if you dont have a car to drive? So i went on my quest to search for a car. I knew what car i wanted as my dad drives a 95 EF and i absolutely love the sound and the way it drives. Unfortunately buying a car was a bit out of my price range as being a student doesnt net me alot of cash. So i was trying anything and everything to get a car, any car! but had no luck. Untill one fatefull day when my sisters boyfriend told me his mate at work is gonna trash his car since he was getting a new one... The car was a 1996 Ford Falcon EF GLI and he was offering it to me for only 100 bucks. It must have been fate im sure! Anyways 2 months later i picked up the car. I wasnt ready for the horror unleashed inside this vehicle.

Inside the car was covered with some foreign sticky residue. probably a hundred spilt coffess along with a crapload of tobacco. It absolutely stunk. I do not know how the previous owner drove around in this.

After removing the seats and throwing away the center console. I brang out the Vax and went to town on the carpet and seats. The amount of filth inside the carpet was amazing. My girlfriend was nice enough to buy me some southern cross seat covers.

The end result.

Went to the wreckers bought a centre console and a few other items for 50 bucks all up.

Onto the outside!

The outside was not perfect either. it had never been washed, had alot of dents and scratches, not to mention the paint was peeling away nicely.

So after a clean we decided to sand down the bonnet. With a little help from my Dad and my sisters boyfriend Shaun(pictured) as mentioned earlier :) we got down to business.

Applied primer and put it back on the car as i couldnt afford paint at this time lol

I have also done the same to the boot and have just started painting it black today as ive always wanted a black car and have never seen an EF falcon in black. The entire car almost needs repainting anyway so why not.

EDIT: Finished with the Boot for now. Running out of time to get it perfect as i have a big council cleanup that needs to be done by tomorrow... So I still need to get a little orange peel out and clearcoat it but for now im happy with it.

Sanding proved difficult on the peeling clear coat but we got there

Primer

Painted

Thanks for taking an interest in what is my first car and my first build! Its been both a blast and sometimes frustrating but in the end im sure it will be worth it. I intend to keep this post updated as i progress through.

Last edited by switchx_o on Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Switch's 96 Ford Falcon EF GLI
Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: EF Falcon

SA, Australia

looks like a great project car!!! well done on the clean up! 8-)

Falcon Build http://www.fordmods.com/post1285079.html#p1285079

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:59 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 1997 Ford Falcon EL Futura

NSW, Australia

Thanks!

Updated post with boot paint goodness

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:27 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 1995 EF Ford Fairmont

QLD, Australia

boot looks awesome good work!

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

amazing job with the clean up. that interior was gross! then painting looks good too

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]