Fordmods Logo

taxi's twin turbo eb 

 

Page 4 of 8 [ 108 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 508

Joined: 28th Feb 2009

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

Godzilla_STT wrote:
This setup looks like the one they did a few years back in Zoom i think is was on a XF falcon ute??

Also was this car for sale on eBay recently??


The twin turbo set up has always been in this car since 06 it use to have BST-40L plates on it,the car was on evil bay for about 4mths on and off then..

phill
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

Looking forward to the time when I get to come for a run in this weapon.

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 508

Joined: 28th Feb 2009

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

EVL098 wrote:
Looking forward to the time when I get to come for a run in this weapon.


soon matt,just working thru engineering process at the moment and trying to sort what auto i want to run and just had my xg ute on the hoist and its f**ked,nearly every spot weld is broken on the left side lower control arm and when you rev the motor it changes the camber on it :shock: ..and i went to sydney and back today with it....

phill
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 56

Posts: 1597

Joined: 20th Mar 2005

Ride: EDL Fairmont Wagon/AU XR8 Ghia

Location: Riverstone
NSW, Australia

I am guessing that by you replying, you made it back with the EB OK, hope there weren't any dramas on the way. That's a bit scary to read about the ute too, bet you're glad nothing happened either up or down from Newie today!!!

Cheers
RD

 

_________________

=1994 ED Wagon GLi body/EL Fairmont spec with *ALL* EL running gear.=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=65695
=1998 EL Futura Sedan - The EF Fairmonts Replacement=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=106588

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 508

Joined: 28th Feb 2009

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

racedirector wrote:
I am guessing that by you replying, you made it back with the EB OK, hope there weren't any dramas on the way. That's a bit scary to read about the ute too, bet you're glad nothing happened either up or down from Newie today!!!

Cheers
RD


All good bruce was very shocked when we found everythink cracked and spot welds broken,at least i know why it walks around on gear changes now..

phill
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

Scary s**t to find!
Its amazing the amount of times you find something that could be a major f**k waiting to happen and you always find it after you have been travelling at 100km plus for a period of time!

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 508

Joined: 28th Feb 2009

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

EVL098 wrote:
Scary s**t to find!
Its amazing the amount of times you find something that could be a major f**k waiting to happen and you always find it after you have been travelling at 100km plus for a period of time!


And with car and float in tow too,will work out what to do tomorrow,might blast the joins and get everythink rewelded...

phill
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 45

Posts: 2688

Joined: 21st Oct 2007

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane + G220

Power: 143 rwkw

Location: Lake Macquarie
NSW, Australia

s**t Phill,
haven't been having much luck lately have ya!

 

_________________

Image
E-Series Fairlane/LTD? forums/post746329.html#746329
Mick's Garage forums/viewtopic.php?t=65504

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 508

Joined: 28th Feb 2009

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

NCIILANE wrote:
s**t Phill,
haven't been having much luck lately have ya!


I'll work it tomorrow,little bit ticked off about because i bought it off a mechanic owns/operates his shop but unless you were looking hard with lights and chasing squeaks with 2 people it could of gone over looked but theres alot of cracks and broken spot welds...

phill
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 508

Joined: 28th Feb 2009

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

Been ringing the engineers today,heres my to do lists..
-emission test
-noise test
-shorter shocks in the rear to stop my diff hitting the exhaust (4'' exhaust under diff)
-make some rings to go around intercooler piping holes on inner guards
-fit new front bar that hasnt had rio cut
-fit polution gear back up (put it in and make it look like it works)
-brake upgrade,2 out of 3 said that
-Heat shields everywhere
-Box the pod up

What brake upgrades are available for eb's,2 want bigger rotors on it.The newy engineer didnt care about brakes for it but he is booked out afor a month before he can even look at it...

phill
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:26 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

taxi 5L wrote:
Been ringing the engineers today,heres my to do lists..
-emission test
-noise test
-shorter shocks in the rear to stop my diff hitting the exhaust (4'' exhaust under diff)
-make some rings to go around intercooler piping holes on inner guards
-fit new front bar that hasnt had rio cut
-fit polution gear back up (put it in and make it look like it works)
-brake upgrade,2 out of 3 said that
-Heat shields everywhere
-Box the pod up

What brake upgrades are available for eb's,2 want bigger rotors on it.The newy engineer didnt care about brakes for it but he is booked out afor a month before he can even look at it...

phill


did you try john wilson at akz engineering???
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 508

Joined: 28th Feb 2009

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

TROYMAN wrote:
did you try john wilson at akz engineering???


I rang athol mullin up here first then john wilson at akz engineering and a mob down at sydney called consul motive.All 3 want the same except athol didnt care about the brakes on it...

phill
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 508

Joined: 28th Feb 2009

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

ashcook wrote:
Did you try VTOL? I'd give him a call, he did mine.


where abouts are they based ?? cant find them...

phill
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:21 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

taxi 5L wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
did you try john wilson at akz engineering???


I rang athol mullin up here first then john wilson at akz engineering and a mob down at sydney called consul motive.All 3 want the same except athol didnt care about the brakes on it...

phill


hmm maybe there is a difference for turbo aplication compared to supercharged??
i didnt need emisions or brake upgrade!!!
and i only got mine done last month!!!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 508

Joined: 28th Feb 2009

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

TROYMAN wrote:
taxi 5L wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
did you try john wilson at akz engineering???


I rang athol mullin up here first then john wilson at akz engineering and a mob down at sydney called consul motive.All 3 want the same except athol didnt care about the brakes on it...

phill


hmm maybe there is a difference for turbo aplication compared to supercharged??
i didnt need emisions or brake upgrade!!!
and i only got mine done last month!!!


the emission test is not a worry just run low boost and kept it on the lean side,just got to get bigger rotors and calipers or maybe just buy a supercharger for it lol probly work out about the same...

phill
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 4 of 8  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:19 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names