Post subject: Re: Taxi's xh xr6 uterus
Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

snap0964 wrote:
It's an XHI, and it's not a hybrid.

so that would explain the ef front and dash ashcook was talking about then....and someone must of put the el intake piping on it then...

cheers phill

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ashcook wrote:
Its got an EL rocker cover too.

someone must of fitted that up too :) , cant work it out myself but at least the cam is cheaper now thought i might had to get a au one and its only 3.27 lsd in it too ash :( but found a 3.45 for $300...

phill

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

XH are certainly a parts bin special. Better then average chance it come from Ford that way.
It seems like anytime they had excess of some part they threw them in the next XH coming down the line.
No 2 are the f**k same................ :lol:

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

EVL098 wrote:
XH are certainly a parts bin special. Better then average chance it come from Ford that way.
It seems like anytime they had excess of some part they threw them in the next XH coming down the line.

keep hearing this matt but as long as it goes A-B and little bit of 1/4 mile work to im happy,need to use them micky T's :P ...you still keen for mid january wsid night ??? tank vs ute lol...

phill

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

taxi 5L wrote:
EVL098 wrote:

keep hearing this matt but as long as it goes A-B and little bit of 1/4 mile work to im happy,need to use them micky T's :P ...you still keen for mid january wsid night ??? tank vs ute lol...

phill

Believe me Phill I aint knocking the XH. If I could have found a good one for the right price I would be currently trying to work out what bit come from where. They are definately sexy.
Im up for it for sure mate. Need to get the oil leak in the box fixed first so it passes scrutineering , but the gearbox joint reopens Jan 2 so that should work.
Are you sure the XR on street slicks and a manual with LSD has what it takes to takes to take on the overweight , underpowered , slushbox equipped with single spinner boat? I might even put a set of fully hectic 15" steel chasers on for the event. Rear only but for full bogan spec performance.
Then I will be a rebel and drive home with the numbers still on the windows and the steelies on...........yeah you are going to hand me my a*** but I will be the one with street cred :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

EVL098 wrote:
taxi 5L wrote:
EVL098 wrote:

phill

Believe me Phill I aint knocking the XH. If I could have found a good one for the right price I would be currently trying to work out what bit come from where. They are definately sexy.
Im up for it for sure mate. Need to get the oil leak in the box fixed first so it passes scrutineering , but the gearbox joint reopens Jan 2 so that should work.
Are you sure the XR on street slicks and a manual with LSD has what it takes to takes to take on the overweight , underpowered , slushbox equipped with single spinner boat? I might even put a set of fully hectic 15" steel chasers on for the event. Rear only but for full bogan spec performance.
Then I will be a rebel and drive home with the numbers still on the windows and the steelies on...........yeah you are going to hand me my a*** but I will be the one with street cred :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Its doesnt feel that quick too me but i just got out of twin turbo so thats why :twisted:. I'll be running ba 16'' stockies for that tubbed look :mrgreen: but should be a fun night.

Yeah still working the bitser out but once i know what parts are in it i'll be happy but the xr front does it for me...

phill

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Gunna have to pencil that night in. Will check my roster Wednesday and see when Im available.
BOGAN performance!
Flanno shirts at 50 paces.................. wonder if I can get a clip in mullet for my helmet?

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

EVL098 wrote:
Gunna have to pencil that night in. Will check my roster Wednesday and see when Im available.
BOGAN performance!
Flanno shirts at 50 paces.................. wonder if I can get a clip in mullet for my helmet?

Flanno's it is then lol im good for the 13/1 as im still on holidays then but any wednesday will do..just check wsid site and theres a saturday 23/1 as well after 4pm like a wednesday night

phill

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

ashcook wrote:
taxi 5L wrote:
ashcook wrote:
Its got an EL rocker cover too.

someone must of fitted that up too :) , cant work it out myself but at least the cam is cheaper now thought i might had to get a au one and its only 3.27 lsd in it too ash :( but found a 3.45 for $300...

phill

Check your rego papers and see if the numbers are matching. Take the 6FPAAA off the beginning of the VIN and you will have the engine number.

3.45 to suit a ute is great! That'll be much better. I've got a 3.23 in my AU ute. Its good around town but does lag that extra bit of punch off the bottom. But I have a 3.45 in my 351 XF ute. Very nice :mrgreen:

Matching number engine ash,its get ups alright but i might get some 3.7's and locka centre for it,might as well do it once proply....

phill

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

ashcook wrote:
I think you must have the bitsa of bitsa's Phill. Maybe it was not just a Friday arvo parts bin special but a public holiday weekend friday arvo one? Nothing wrong with that though. At least with the XH's you have lots of options to use many other models parts to upgrade with.

Be interesting to see if it has a coil pack or a dizzy?

Its got a dizzy in it, i knew they bitser's but this one is pretty bad for it with 95dt head on a 6/97 lol...

phill

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF wagon

NSW, Australia

Sounds like an XHII with EF XR front bar to me.

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:59 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

afaik the 95dt head is only on xhxr6?. as el up untill late 97? had the ef 94dt head untill the 96dt hybrid..unless the 95dt was a short term fill in between the 2 models..
i would say the head is the original... is the block painted? or is it bare steel/rust??
as after a certain date ford stopped painting the blocks...

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

My XHII had same interior as that with the XR checkered pattern seat inserts, Bit hard to tell what his trim inserts are like with seat covers on. also in the 3rd pic, the bonnet and front bar seem to not line up right?- is it missing something there?

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

identical to the interior pic. Mine was one of the last off the production line AFAIK. Build date was 11/98. I just found some pics of my old ute. damn i miss that ute!

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

ashcook wrote:
Its got a dizzy? Man, an EF based XH1 with an EL motor and EF head? Dude, that has to be a one off yeah? Maybe the head has been replaced? Bit hard to tell that one though.

I think you win the most mixed up factory fitted car award :lol:

Theres no goo around the front of the head at all,looks factory to me but you wouldnt know like you said...

phill

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 6  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next