Fordmods Logo

texan newb 1981 fairmont coupe build 

 

Page 3 of 6 [ 89 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

 
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:00 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 46

Posts: 35

Joined: 18th Aug 2008

Ride: fairmont coupe

Location: ft. worth
NSW, Australia

these are some of the fairmonts from around here,the potential is there,once you get past the plain body(sleeper).
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

 

_________________

Im a Texan! The best country trapped inside the USA!
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 110

Joined: 17th May 2008

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: BA

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

Awesome read. Good to see something different. Like USA!

 

_________________

Silver 2003 BA XT - 2 ported 12" Alpine type R subs, 5 by 7 Alpine type R rears, 5 and half inch Alpine splits up front, Alpine head unit.

Blue dome and footwell neons. Debadged and deaerialed. Custom front grill.

Wheels and lowering to come next, then exhaust.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 5889

Joined: 2nd Mar 2006

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: '14 Grand Cherokee

Location: Port Lincoln
SA, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
who the hell drinks Budweiser? it's an american beer. i'll enjoy myself a nice Victoria Bitter. lol. it's nice to see you can actually handwash your cars in the US. we can't due to water restriction because of the drought.


i believe he is drinking Bud Light, not Budweiser... i think they are 2 different beers?

nice build thread by the way 8-)

 

_________________

11/93 ED OPT20 GLi | Full Boat Spec

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3374

Joined: 11th Mar 2008

Ride: EA SVO, AU2 Forte

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

alfy wrote:
WILDEB wrote:
who the hell drinks Budweiser? it's an american beer. i'll enjoy myself a nice Victoria Bitter. lol. it's nice to see you can actually handwash your cars in the US. we can't due to water restriction because of the drought.


i believe he is drinking Bud Light, not Budweiser... i think they are 2 different beers?

nice build thread by the way 8-)
oh are they? my bad. i don't think it law that we have to convert a US car to RHD. not sure.

 

_________________

Daily driver: AU2. 5 speed. 19" FG luxos. Full exhaust. Lowered. AU3 XR leather interior, converted to full power windows. 3.45 LSD. IN THE FUTURE: Tickford 6
Weekend driver: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. TCE 2800 stall. T76 turbo. Locked diff. On E85. approx 320rwkw. 11.5 @121mph

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 5889

Joined: 2nd Mar 2006

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: '14 Grand Cherokee

Location: Port Lincoln
SA, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
alfy wrote:
WILDEB wrote:
who the hell drinks Budweiser? it's an american beer. i'll enjoy myself a nice Victoria Bitter. lol. it's nice to see you can actually handwash your cars in the US. we can't due to water restriction because of the drought.


i believe he is drinking Bud Light, not Budweiser... i think they are 2 different beers?

nice build thread by the way 8-)
oh are they? my bad. i don't think it law that we have to convert a US car to RHD. not sure.


i think you can get cars club registered in SA to be left hand drive. maybe normal too, not 100% sure. at least we dont have to put those dumb stickers on the back of the car anymore saying "CAUTION - LEFT HAND DRIVE" :lol: lol

 

_________________

11/93 ED OPT20 GLi | Full Boat Spec

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3374

Joined: 11th Mar 2008

Ride: EA SVO, AU2 Forte

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

alfy wrote:
WILDEB wrote:
alfy wrote:
WILDEB wrote:
who the hell drinks Budweiser? it's an american beer. i'll enjoy myself a nice Victoria Bitter. lol. it's nice to see you can actually handwash your cars in the US. we can't due to water restriction because of the drought.


i believe he is drinking Bud Light, not Budweiser... i think they are 2 different beers?

nice build thread by the way 8-)
oh are they? my bad. i don't think it law that we have to convert a US car to RHD. not sure.


i think you can get cars club registered in SA to be left hand drive. maybe normal too, not 100% sure. at least we dont have to put those dumb stickers on the back of the car anymore saying "CAUTION - LEFT HAND DRIVE" :lol: lol
i think we do here in Vic. why's it need a caution?

 

_________________

Daily driver: AU2. 5 speed. 19" FG luxos. Full exhaust. Lowered. AU3 XR leather interior, converted to full power windows. 3.45 LSD. IN THE FUTURE: Tickford 6
Weekend driver: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. TCE 2800 stall. T76 turbo. Locked diff. On E85. approx 320rwkw. 11.5 @121mph

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 5889

Joined: 2nd Mar 2006

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: '14 Grand Cherokee

Location: Port Lincoln
SA, Australia

to be honest im not entirely sure.

you would think itd be better getting out the left hand side of a car parked on the left hand side of the road lol

 

_________________

11/93 ED OPT20 GLi | Full Boat Spec

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 1934

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Ride: BA Falcon XR8

Location: Bunbury
WA, Australia

The car in the two top photos (the one with the red pinstriping), is that what they call a Gran Torino?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3374

Joined: 11th Mar 2008

Ride: EA SVO, AU2 Forte

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

alfy wrote:
to be honest im not entirely sure.

you would think itd be better getting out the left hand side of a car parked on the left hand side of the road lol


yeh true. but it makes it hard to overtake people because you can't see passed the car.

 

_________________

Daily driver: AU2. 5 speed. 19" FG luxos. Full exhaust. Lowered. AU3 XR leather interior, converted to full power windows. 3.45 LSD. IN THE FUTURE: Tickford 6
Weekend driver: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. TCE 2800 stall. T76 turbo. Locked diff. On E85. approx 320rwkw. 11.5 @121mph

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:07 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 1775

Joined: 10th Jul 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

Location: Waurn Ponds
VIC, Australia

ybuy4n wrote:
More Grunt wrote:
you can really see the dna in the a and c pillars between this car and its aussie brother the XD.

how much does she weigh mate, or is she one of them girls that dont like to say :P

it weighs 2650#(title weight).now it is about 2800#,3000# with me sitting in it.


a little over a metric ton, thats not bad at all!! with a 5.0 stroked out, will be making awesome hp/ton.

cant wait to see it in action (if only in pics lol) thank you for sharing this with us from the other side of the world!

 

_________________

enough isn't enough

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:49 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 48

Posts: 402

Joined: 22nd May 2007

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: '03 BA-LTD.

Location: s/e melb
VIC, Australia

good to see a car thats been done in "pimp" purple.
all jokes aside looks great ! what are the future plans ? what sort of power is it making? any 1/4 mile action yet?
look forward to see how things go.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:39 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3374

Joined: 11th Mar 2008

Ride: EA SVO, AU2 Forte

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

just over a tonne? holy crap thats light

 

_________________

Daily driver: AU2. 5 speed. 19" FG luxos. Full exhaust. Lowered. AU3 XR leather interior, converted to full power windows. 3.45 LSD. IN THE FUTURE: Tickford 6
Weekend driver: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. TCE 2800 stall. T76 turbo. Locked diff. On E85. approx 320rwkw. 11.5 @121mph

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:19 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 3184

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

Location: Townsville
QLD, Australia

with the RHD thing, over here any car less than 30 years old has to be converted.

 

_________________

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:38 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 46

Posts: 35

Joined: 18th Aug 2008

Ride: fairmont coupe

Location: ft. worth
NSW, Australia

fordman351 wrote:
The car in the two top photos (the one with the red pinstriping), is that what they call a Gran Torino?


not gran torino,it was the fairmont FUTURA model.it was the more advanced looking futuristic model(at the time).

 

_________________

Im a Texan! The best country trapped inside the USA!
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:41 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 46

Posts: 35

Joined: 18th Aug 2008

Ride: fairmont coupe

Location: ft. worth
NSW, Australia

steveurban wrote:
good to see a car thats been done in "pimp" purple.
all jokes aside looks great ! what are the future plans ? what sort of power is it making? any 1/4 mile action yet?
look forward to see how things go.

the car is actually called wedgewood blue.looks purple with th overcast sky.
future plans are to try some N2O(nitrous),then maybe a blowthru turbo/carb setup.
no dragstrip action yet,hoping to come soon.

 

_________________

Im a Texan! The best country trapped inside the USA!
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 3 of 6  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:50 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names