The Barge-NF 5.0 

Page 4 of 6 [ 77 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: My new NF Fairlane 302
Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

very nice m8
looks like the same rims ive got my EL running on, my NF when i bought it had them on it any idea what they are called ?

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

These are just copies, but the original wheels were an Alan Jones Racing design, called Signature. The originals are 3 piece I think, these are just cheap copies. I like them though.

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:03 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 2002 BA XR6

SA, Australia

Nice car mate you always wanted one of these. Ive got a 98 nl fairlane ghia gold ext. cuppacino int. With conchordes that im looking to swap for other rims and tyres. Plus im looking for super low springs to make it the same as my white one was. Anyway looks mint mate well done.

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Got a few sets of wheels for sale at the moment. Give me a txt when you are ready to chat too mate, anytime. I'll have a look and show you mine.

I know the one you bought, looked nice as. Hope work is going well.

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Well I got my intake manifold plate. :D

The lane is now powered by an AU motor. So I now have the Explorer Manifold, 24Ib injectors, bigger throttle body, GT40P heads and whatever else they had. The performance difference is nothing short of incredible. Soon I'll get a cam, roller rockers, valve springs and underdrives. After that is 3.73s and a Lokka, a high stall and a shift kit.

I did very little work, it was mostly done by a member on here who can reveal himself if he wishes. We painted the block, heads and lower manifold before it went in. I looked at rocker covers, but decided to paint the originals for now. Went with black wrinkle finish. We did the extractors too. I have heaps of progress pics, but I'll just throw these up for now.

Also got my Leather auto shifter and handbrake handle, and replaced the Sony DVD deck with an Alpine one.

I gave the car a bit of a clean too. I put the NF grille back on, the NL grille doesn't look right with the AJR copies. I have some NL Moulds on the way so I'll try it again with those. It cleans up ok, will get detailed when I can be bother organising it. Also got some Black SA "Premium" plates.

Might get some 19s soon, the 17s look a little small.

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Fkn awesome work dude!! I can almost imagine how much better it goes with all the added bonuses of the AU V8 donk. I like the sound of those plans for the motor and drivetrain - skid vid's pleeeease? :twisted: :lol:

Good to see you finally found a leather handbrake cover - all these little upgrades make the interior look so much better. Keep it up :wink:

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

geez the car is coming along very quickly !!

nice work

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Thanks guys. I'll see what I can do with skid footage lol. Goes good now, very happy. I just want to get some bigger wheels next.

Also really need to get stuck into a boot install.

Dyno day is on the 13th, so I'll be able to see where its at and I'll get a J3 done.

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

90 bucks for headlight protectors? I thought they'd be 90 dollars each or something.

Sweet ride, hope I can grab a lane or LTD one day.

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

How did I miss this thread? very nice NF indeed! not a fan of NL grille myself looks a bit like the car is giving you a s**t-eating grin. Just put on a full 3" exhaust and advance tri-y's myself and am driving around like a d**k enjoying the sweet noise! (mind you Ilike the BA copies! mine are 18's though!)

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

I think the Advance headers are what I have. I'm still driving around like a d**k, the exhaust note changed alot with the Explorer and the GT40Ps.

I wasn't a big fan of the NL grille with the AJR copies, I think it looked good with the BA wheels though.

Yours looks great on the BA wheels, the 18s are much better. 17s look a little small on the rear of a LWB.

What will you do next on yours? Dailys are allowed to be fun :D

Rick Deckard, a lot of genuine Ford bits are very reasonably priced. The rest are ridiculous though :?

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Next thing is the front struts ( I bought a full set of Pedders coils and shocks for $300 only six months old) as I already had rear Pedders coils and shocks, but only front coils (low), I did have an Explorer and a**. bits'n'pieces but she is on gas and I want to find some extra Kw's as is first as it is really restricted by the gas ring but I drive the M5 everyday so I need the economy!

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

What sort of economy are you getting? They seem to do quite well if driven sanely.

Wouldn't the explorer help the economy though? Mine seems alot more effortless with the new motor.

Yours will look excellent with that suspension, the Pedders stuff seems to be good gear.

Im thinking of putting the XR8 wheels back on mine after cleaning them up.

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

I too was part of the dyno madness here in Adelaide yesterday. The NF threw down a disappointing figure of 128.5kw, sounded good though :D The AFRS are pretty messy, I'll get it sorted, tuned and back on the rollers. It should be running rich, I've been told it may be the fuel pump. Either way it needs more fuel. I'll be putting a larger MAF housing on too, I still have the small E-Series one. The good thing is I'm happy with how it goes now, so I'll be very happy when it goes better.

Also after a set of NF wheels, something different for a while. I have DF LTD wheels here but I'm not sold on them.

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Should respond quite well with a few tweaks and a tune dude. That AFR line does look to be running a little on the lean side, pretty much the exact opposite to what I've got with my EF :lol:

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 6  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next