Fordmods Logo

The Boat. It should of been stripped............ 

 

Page 27 of 27 [ 404 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 55

Posts: 1566

Joined: 12th Apr 2008

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

Location: Wattle Grove
NSW, Australia

Good news Matt! hopefully it's all coming together now!

 

_________________

Image
NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
ZD build thread under construction at post1136180.html#p1136180

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

Thanks Ross.
Trust me Ash it has already been fairly well spanked and more to continue!

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

I forgot to add that a pair of Venom 2.5" 100CPSI cats have been ordered and should be here tomorrow.
So then they will be fitted up and the Y pipe changed to 2.5" before the 3" merge.
It should pull a bit more out of it.

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 4285

Joined: 8th Dec 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

Location: ** In the Shed! **
VIC, Australia

Nice to read that it's playing nicer these days, good on ya dude!

It sounds like the ECU is learning & leaning it out a bit if it's picking up power lower down in the rev range. The ECU won't know what size injectors, but it will know that the engine is too rich & lean the injector timing off as much as it can to get the mixture closer to it's target range.

Gotta love a big v8 when it takes off & makes you feel like you just got launched into a low orbit! :cool: I can't wait to have mine on the road.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

 

_________________

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 508

Joined: 28th Feb 2009

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

ashcook wrote:
I can't remember Matt, what pipe is on it now? Was it 2.5 right through?

Be interesting to see what you think of the Venoms. Be a bit hard to judge though when you are changing the whole system in one hit.


pretty sure its 2.25'' dual into 3'' at the moment Ash.The 2.5 into 3 should be good as the old orange car run the same and had plenty of mid range to topend in it..

phill
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

Correct Phill it is the factory 2.25 duel into 3" Not really anywhere near a duel its just the Y pipe off each bank.
It was leftthis way to give it some more backpressure when it had stuff all power so it got away from the mark a bit quicker.
Now it has much more flow the exhaust is the next restriction to fix.
Fingers crossed it will be the end of it for a bit. I have an XR to get ready for AFD and a Maverick to hopefully be driveable within the month....................... :roll:

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

Just the kit Ash and plenty of cleaning and detailing. Fingers crossed a couple of little touchups in the engine bay too.
Someone has been working hard on a little something for Donnas car , and a big thanks needs to go to them!

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

Nah no further hints until its all done and put on. Will look very sexy but..............
Yeah I reckon the kit will be a right pain in the a***. Oh well the things we do hey.
Nah keeping the standard EL spoiler. Donna doesnt like the shark tooth spoiler , reckons its too big , bulky and out there.
That is the sam ereason we are putting an EF style kit on. Its a little more restrained.

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

The Venom 2.5" 100CPSI cats turned up today.
Look to be a great product and I am very happy with the service. Paid for them yesterday and picked them up form the post office this afternoon! Thanks George.
So they will go on either on Saturday morning if I can arrange it , otherwise I have a guy that can do them 8.30 Monday moring.
Then fingers crossed that is it for a while on this one!

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

The new cats and 2.5" Y pipes went on today.
Made a huge difference! The old girl is really starting to crack now. Can hang the a*** end out on dry grippy bitumin with no real effort at all.
Best bit is there is still a little more in it before we go chasing again.............

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 55

Posts: 1566

Joined: 12th Apr 2008

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

Location: Wattle Grove
NSW, Australia

Hmmm big difference you say? maybe I could crack 110kw !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

_________________

Image
NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
ZD build thread under construction at post1136180.html#p1136180

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:36 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 7331

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

Location: ɹǝpun uʍop
NSW, Australia

Anyone else could but not you Rossco.

 

_________________

Image

I have a car.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

f**k Dave did you need a hard hat and miners light to drag this one back up?

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:46 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 7331

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

Location: ɹǝpun uʍop
NSW, Australia

Funny enough it was sitting in the recent topics thread on the home page.. only reason i commented, No need to mine it when its there for the picking.
Besides, Rossco appreciates it.

Now to let this thread die again..

 

_________________

Image

I have a car.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 27 of 27  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:27 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names